2008 Dragonfly

nashuan

My $55+ was refunded to PayPal on July 10.........................surprised, as I had prertty much written it off. Attached e-mail stated they will refund/send coins to all participants.

I checked mine and have not received a refund yet, and I did request one when the old website was still available.

Any contact information included in that email?

My $55+ was refunded to PayPal on July 10.........................surprised, as I had prertty much written it off. Attached e-mail stated they will refund/send coins to all participants.

I checked mine and have not received a refund yet, and I did request one when the old website was still available.

Any contact information included in that email?

Business Name: West Coast Cacher

Buyer Email: mesamint@gmail.com

Steve

I received a message from the police last week asking if I recieved a refund on my order and to contact them so that they could close out the criminal case file. I had always hoped that the coins would somehow come through, but at this point, I'll gladly take my $161.25 and hope that someone else will produce these coins, which I think are outstanding. I phoned back that I had not received a refund and I just re-checked my account and mail (was told to expect a money order through the mail). This whole situation is tragic, it really is. Has anyone else been contacted recently?

Edited by nashuan

I received a message from the police last week asking if I recieved a refund on my order and to contact them so that they could close out the criminal case file. I had always hoped that the coins would somehow come through, but at this point, I'll gladly take my $161.25 and hope that someone else will produce these coins, which I think are outstanding. I phoned back that I had not received a refund and I just re-checked my account and mail (was told to expect a money order through the mail). This whole situation is tragic, it really is. Has anyone else been contacted recently?

Added July 25th, 2009:

I would like to note that an hour ago I received a money order from AEToys on the Dragonfly coins and received the Pirate Treasure coins a month or two ago, so it looks like we're square. I've said it before on this forum and will reiterate it now that what happened with this company is a real tragedy. None of us know the particulars of their situation, but up until these folks seemed to disappear, I thought they were top notch venders. I liked thier designs and their customer service and it's still a mystery to me how things turned the way they did.

20. Sunrayers: Order #5008 date 5/27/08 2 sets of Dragonfly coins $107.70 + Order# 4952 date 5/24/08 Pirate coins $60.57

I also received a Personal Money Order from AEToys on 7/25/2009 along with a little note expressing their intention to get these coins minted and/or refunds sent to all owed. They also expressed their regrets that I felt I had to file a Police Report on them (wish I had thought of that) My response is that IF you had communicated with me, as well as your other Customers, I would not have felt it necessary to take actions such as filing a complaint with the BBB and Consumers Advocate. I requested updates numerous times and was completely ignored which left me NO other option.

Going forward, if you should ever feel the desire to mint more coins, I would suggest that one of your TOP Priorities should be maintaining communication with you Customers. (not that I'll be one)

I hope you fulfill your promise of taking care of everyone else you are indebted to.

Thank you for the belated refund and Good Luck with your future endeavors!

This coin sale goes down in history as being one of the top 3 worst ever.

The problem is, it's not getting better. Absolutely not a peep of an udpate, and I KNOW they have a clue. People that are near and dear to them read this thread every day . . .

So how would we rank them?

1. Wyoming 2006

2. Titanic/ Lady Luck remint

3. Dragonfly 2008

?????

The wyoming was pretty bad, but I actually move that to 2nd on the list since I did eventually get my coin order. The last several orders from geocoin design would be #3 since I was only effected by the cats and those did arrive faster than these Dragonflys. My payment for the Dragonfly is outstanding since MAY 27th. That's really pathetic. I think it's time for Groundspeak to make a call to these people.

I am sorry for all this mess. We will honor all orders for this coin. Like so many families and business this past year have hit some tough times. I could go into a long list but none of that matters. The bottom line is the need to take care of these orders. The Pirate coins will start shipping this week. As for the Dragonfly coins we have been issuing refunds starting with the oldest ones we have requests for but due to our hard times they have not been coming as fast as they should. I will have every one of these orders taken care of no later than the middle of February. I know that may not be good enough for some but it is the best we can do under the circumstances. I am going to get our store back up this week and anyone wishing store credit for there orders may do so just note the order with the coin order number that you have pending. We love geocaching and our store and we are doing everything we can to get things right. I am deeply sorry for all this and hope you can see it in your hearts to forgive us and at least give us this one last chance to correct this.

Mark

Alan and Elli's

I would like to know how many people never received their refund for these coins??? Just thought I would bring it up again.

There were dozens of people that were complaining when all of this was blowing up but only six that actually filed legal complaints. I have to assume we're talking about thousands of dollars that were lost. I'm still upset over this issue even though I was one of the fortunate few who managed to get a refund. I don't remember how big my order was now, but it was probably in the $150-300 range, so I was willing to pursue legal action where if it were $15 or $30 worth of coins, most would have just let it go. All those small orders had to add up. In the end, I think AEtoys did more damage to the community than what is measured in dollars and cents though. I used to follow these forums pretty closely but after that episode, my coin buying went from about $300/month to close to zero now. That is not to say that I've ever had any complaints of suspicions about other vendors from here. I thought the world of every single one of them that I did business with, more often than not on a multiple return basis, but the whole affair just left a bad taste in my mouth - like rusted metal.

I never received the refund I was expecting on my paid set of these geocoins. I sent close to a dozen friendly emails to the vendor and not once did I receive a direct response. I wrote this loss off a long time ago, but I still subscribe to the updates on this thread.

Kind of a reminder of a lesson learned.

I never received the refund I requested, and believed the correspondence the vendors sent out before all communication was ceased. I have saved all of the emails as well, and I think the last time I tried to contact the vendors was just before the holidays - no response.

I wish I were one of the lucky ones, but my complaint with paypal AND my complaint with the BBB didn't really go anywhere for me.

Sad, very sad.