2008 Dragonfly

nashuan

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at that event, lol

no kidding! i clicked on the one link above that said 88 for the Day but it is for premium members only to view.

it seems to me if you are having a hard time making ends meet and refund moneys that you took for a product you did not send, it is not a good time to be showing off what fun times one is having.

rather a slap in the face of their loyal supporters and friends and poor customers.

rsg

Why are they even allowed to host events when they took money from people and refuse to respond or deliver the coins? It seems that Groundspeak should shut down their account. This has gone on long enough don't you think?

Geocaching, and the forums and geocoins are separate entities. We cannot stop them from geocaching, having fun, enjoying themselves, or flaunting that they are. We cannot force them to respond either. They have been removed from the approved vendor list.

Maybe they had a chance to click on LadeBear68's link to this thread that was in the log, and read the results of their actions here, and see how many people are hurt by this.

Why are they even allowed to host events when they took money from people and refuse to respond or deliver the coins? It seems that Groundspeak should shut down their account. This has gone on long enough don't you think?

Geocaching, and the forums and geocoins are separate entities. We cannot stop them from geocaching, having fun, enjoying themselves, or flaunting that they are. We cannot force them to respond either. They have been removed from the approved vendor list.

Maybe they had a chance to click on LadeBear68's link to this thread that was in the log, and read the results of their actions here, and see how many people are hurt by this.

I deleted the log because I figured you would bounce me for writing it. After seeing your post, I have put it back up.

I received a courtesy copy of a letter from the State of Idaho-Office of the Attorney General yesterday.

Alan & Elli's Toys

1128 Fiesta Way

Twin Falls, ID 83301

Re: Complaint of *** Me***, Log ID: 202898; Business ID: 151274

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is the second attempt by this office to obtain a response from you regarding the

complaint of ***ME***

We do not wish to make a determination of what action we will take in this matter without

first affording you the opportunity to state your position or inform us that this matter has been

resolved. We are attempting to mediate this dispute on an informal basis; however, unless

we receive your written response to this correspondence within two weeks, we will consider

using other action.

Unless you have contacted us within two weeks, our file will note that you refused to

respond voluntarily to this office. This is a public office and as such our files are open records

under Idaho law. Consequently, any person requesting information about your business may be informed of the allegations contained in ***MY*** complaint as well as the fact that you failed to respond to

the Attorney General's inquiries and address this matter.

We look forward to your response no later than March 30

Sincerely,

Yadda Yadda Yadda

I like the way it started out but it kinda looses some of its "teeth" towards the end! Wonder how many other complaints they received and how much money has to be involved before it becomes a crime like Mail Fraud or just good ol' LARCENY! :D

Has anyone else received any news from the business formerly known as AEtoys.com? I was away for a while and am catching up on this thread. I, too, received a personal email from Mark on 10 December that was very apologetic and, I hoped, sincere when he stated that all requests for refunds would be honored as soon as they could manage.

I tried to respond to this email on 22 March and it bounced back.

Is there no way to get in touch with this vendor anymore?

He should sell the 6 sample coins that he has on eBay I bet they would go for a pretty penny. Then take the profit and use it to pay back those he took from. I have seen the coin first hand and its actually pretty cool to bad it was never produced.

:D

i couldn't find the coins on ebay, do you have a link? i did a search "geocoin dragonfly" maybe they are trying to sell them to help with refunding money.

there is always small claims court. liens can be levied against losing defendants.

lara

He should sell the 6 sample coins that he has on eBay I bet they would go for a pretty penny. Then take the profit and use it to pay back those he took from. I have seen the coin first hand and its actually pretty cool to bad it was never produced.

i couldn't find the coins on ebay, do you have a link? i did a search "geocoin dragonfly" maybe they are trying to sell them to help with refunding money.

there is always small claims court. liens can be levied against losing defendants.

lara

I was just saying he should sell them not that he was.

Jake

lara

I was just saying he should sell them not that he was.

Jake

oops, sorry, misread that. getting old i guess. :D

rsg

I was really looking forward to receiving the 2008 dragonfly geocoin. I missed out on getting the 2007 dragonfly. I am sure that others can imagine the disappointment that I feel. If anyone decides to make a dragonfly geocoin, I would certainly be interested in purchasing one, because I am certain that I will never receive my coins from aetoys.

:rolleyes:

lara

I'm afraid that the people that they RIPPED OFF are more decent and compassionate than A&E Toys.

Either that or, the secret to a successful scam is to take a LITTLE money from A LOT of people because it's not worth the hassle of taking them to court!

Is there an update from AEToys on refunding our money? I haven't checked this thread in awhile and it looks like some people received an email from them a few months ago. I have not been contacted by AEToys nor have I received a refund.

I had contacted them many times and never gotten a response. I have seen where others have been refunded their money but unfortunately, I wasn't one of them. In desperation, I contacted the BBB (see below) but, of course, they were of no use!

Complaint ID#: 39005223

Business Name: Alan & Elli's Toys

You recently requested our help concerning a problem with the company named above.

The company has not responded to the Bureau to date. If you have heard from the company please contact the BBB at .

We encourage you to use our ONLINE COMPLAINT system to keep up with the progress of this complaint.

To go directly to your complaint click on the following website link: http://www.boise.bbb.org/complaint/view/39005223/c/4qu8t1.

Sincerely,

Kathy Dodson

Business and Consumer Services

At this point in time, I regard the people who ran this company as crooks! I have no idea (and it seems that no one else does either) where they are and why they "lied about production problems and skipped town with our money". I had received coins from them with no problems in the past. It wasn't until the 2008 dragonfly that I ran into problems. :lol::sad::D

I have written to aetoys yet another time about any updates on refunds or receiving the coins. If I get any kind of response from them, I will let everyone know. Perhaps if we write to them everyday, maybe we can get some sort of response from them or atleast remind them that we work hard for our money and that we are pissed. :blink:

Please don't send them any threatening emails. They have stated in another email to someone that the reason they were afraid to communicate was because of threats they were receiving (see the pinned vendor feedback thread, but do not post comments there, unless you are adding yourself to the list).

I know you've all invested money and I feel for you, I really do, but as once was said: "It's a coin, not a kidney" and there is no need for threats against this family.

Go to Previous message | Go to Next message | Back to MessagesMark as Unread | Print ReplyReply All Move...Inboxcards

Flag this message[GEO] Copy of email <[GEO] LuckyAquar contacting aetoys from Geocaching.com> to aetoysWednesday, May 13, 2009 1:34 PM

From: "Geocaching" <noreply@geocaching.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: LuckyAquar@yahoo.com-- Copy of email sent to aetoys --

I am just wondering if there is any update on the dragonfly 2008 geocoin that I ordered from you almost a year ago. My order number was 4999. I ordered a blue dragonfly, yellow dragonfly, and the vehicle TB. I no longer need the vehicle TB that I ordered as I finally ordered one from somewhere else. I would either like a refund of my $33.84 or receive my coins.

I know that you have ran into financial difficulties, but my hard earned money was not the answer to your problems. I work very hard for my money and earn it the old fashion way by working.

I feel certain that you will not take any of your "precious" time to respond to my email, but anyway I am writing and I will probably write to you several more times until I get satisfaction.

Kristi

User's Profile:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=0e...18-f136067bc642

The above is a copy of the email that I sent to them. I don't feel that it is threatening. I just want answers. If they find any threats in the email that I sent to them, then obviously they have problems. I personally hope that the reason why they are not responding is because they are ashamed of what they did to all of honest people.

Please don't send them any threatening emails. They have stated in another email to someone that the reason they were afraid to communicate was because of threats they were receiving (see the pinned vendor feedback thread, but do not post comments there, unless you are adding yourself to the list).

I know you've all invested money and I feel for you, I really do, but as once was said: "It's a coin, not a kidney" and there is no need for threats against this family.

Oh, I certainly agree that a coin is not a kidney and I also agree that there is no need for threats (what kind of threats?) unless you are talking about complaints. Here is where I do draw the line. Plain and simple, they stole money-period. They are crooks and I don't care what kind of financial bind they are in! They took people's money and are using it for another purpose, other than the original intention-that of an exchange of money for a/some geocoins. Am I crippled because I am out the 50 bucks or so that I spent-NO-but I am still angry about their lack of honesty and integrity! Where are their morals and principles? Doesn't anyone see that aspect of the situation?

I know many people are looking at those of us who lost money as complainers. I certainly do not. It is very legitimate to be concerned with where your HONEST, hard-working money goes and wanting it back-especially these days!

There have been plenty of people in this forum that have fallen on hard times, but they didn't take someone's money; they opted not to buy coins, to buy fewer coins, or sell some coins to get some money together! Never in a million years would I ever, under ANY circumstances, take someone's money that didn't belong to me.

Now that their web site is apparently up for sale, now may be your last chance to login to your account and print out info on any orders (pending or complete) that you've made through their store.

I know I was printing out a bunch this morning after learning that the company/site may be sold and/or belly up soon. Since their order system doesn't send email confirmations with detailed pricing, I end up referring to their online orders to figure out what the heck I paid for some coins a few years ago! :D

What is more annoying than anything, given the several thousand coins I've got laying about, this is one of a very small handful that I'd want to keep (well, if given the chance to actually get one in hand first! :D), mostly due to having gone by the nick DragonFlye (now shortened to dflye) for umpteen years during and after college. :)

Now that their web site is apparently up for sale, now may be your last chance to login to your account and print out info on any orders (pending or complete) that you've made through their store.

I know I was printing out a bunch this morning after learning that the company/site may be sold and/or belly up soon. Since their order system doesn't send email confirmations with detailed pricing, I end up referring to their online orders to figure out what the heck I paid for some coins a few years ago! :D

What is more annoying than anything, given the several thousand coins I've got laying about, this is one of a very small handful that I'd want to keep (well, if given the chance to actually get one in hand first! :D), mostly due to having gone by the nick DragonFlye (now shortened to dflye) for umpteen years during and after college. :)

That is a great point. People should also be getting their activation codes for any unactivated coins sold by this store.

That is a great point. People should also be getting their activation codes for any unactivated coins sold by this store.

:D:D:D:)

Thanks for the much-needed head-thwap! :)

Okay, time for more coffee, I totally didn't think about that, and I've got a bunch of their stock as traders... time to fire up Excel...

People can email and ask what's up them all day long. Just don't send threats. That could get the sender in trouble too.

Oh, I certainly agree that a coin is not a kidney and I also agree that there is no need for threats (what kind of threats?) unless you are talking about complaints. Here is where I do draw the line. Plain and simple, they stole money-period. They are crooks and I don't care what kind of financial bind they are in! They took people's money and are using it for another purpose, other than the original intention-that of an exchange of money for a/some geocoins. Am I crippled because I am out the 50 bucks or so that I spent-NO-but I am still angry about their lack of honesty and integrity! Where are their morals and principles? Doesn't anyone see that aspect of the situation?

I know many people are looking at those of us who lost money as complainers. I certainly do not. It is very legitimate to be concerned with where your HONEST, hard-working money goes and wanting it back-especially these days!

There have been plenty of people in this forum that have fallen on hard times, but they didn't take someone's money; they opted not to buy coins, to buy fewer coins, or sell some coins to get some money together! Never in a million years would I ever, under ANY circumstances, take someone's money that didn't belong to me.

It would be great if someone minted it. I didn't buy it the first time, because I've never trusted them on pre-sales. They were always pretty slow.

But I think a vendor might get alot of people expecting to get them for free since they paid AE coins for them.

But if a dependable vendor came out with them, I would buy a few.

Now, see, what would be awful is if people had to pay twice for the (expletive) thing.

On the other hand, if a mystery coiner were to get involved...

Why, does the mystery coiner get there coins made for free? If so, count me in.

No, not at all; a mystery coiner mints coins and gives them away for free. It would, in other words, be some generous soul minting a batch of the coins so that everyone from whom A&E Toys stole money get at least one coin out of the experience.

If I were rich, I would totally do it.

Some other vendor should steal this design and mint it, lol

hmmm, what is the operative word here? oh yeh, "steal" - no matter how you put lol after it, steal is just plain wrong. even as a "joke."

no matter what the vendor did.

you know that old phrase your mom taught you "two wrongs don't make a right."

rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

"no matter what the vendor did" ?

RSG, what they did is steal a lot of money from a lot of good folks. So it's not 'no matter what the vendor did' it's 'A matter of what the vendor did'.

You are correct, two wrongs don't make a right but by brushing off what this vendor did lets them get away with it instead of making them step up to the plate and be responsible for their actions.

It's criminal, plain and simple.

IMO

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know if the tracking numbers were ever paid for? If so, then technically they belong to those of us who purchased coins.

I'd venture a guess and say probably not. They're usually ordered when a coin goes into production or is nearly finished.

From what I've heard through the grapevine, the only existing things with this coin are the dies. I do believe they were made.

Edited by AtlantaGal

"no matter what the vendor did" ?

RSG, what they did is steal a lot of money from a lot of good folks. So it's not 'no matter what the vendor did' it's 'A matter of what the vendor did'.

You are correct, two wrongs don't make a right but by brushing off what this vendor did lets them get away with it instead of making them step up to the plate and be responsible for their actions.

It's criminal, plain and simple.

IMO

it is criminal, i am not disagreeing with. and certainly i am not brushing off what they did, and please, if you know a way to make them step up to the plate, then do so.

or if it criminal, folks need to take action, but stealing is not the answer.

rsg

I too have a refund of $108.25 in my Paypal account, the transaction is currently waiting for me to accept or decline the funds. I will be declining the funds because I was able to get a refund through my credit card provider earlier this year.

I hope that this is an indication that everyone who is waiting for a refund from AEToys aka West Coast Cachers aka mesamint will be getting one. I hope the vendor is truly trying to do the right thing to correct this situation. If they are, I think it is a positive sign and hopefully those who want a refund will get their money back and those who want the coins will get their coins. Best of luck to all involved.

~Karen