2008 Dragonfly

nashuan

LOL! you are a hoot, scout, thinking your bad behaviour and the subsequent posts are similar to this thread. btw, how did your mission go after all - did you send a lovely package full of christmas gifts and goodies? i don't recall anyone saying they received your tardy mission.

i suppose i could have missed its big arrival announcement.

but in the spirit of forgiveness, one must even advocate forgiveness of this guy as well as A&E toys. i do hope this all gets resolved to everyone's satisfaction without any more nastiness. it really is too much for me, so i am going to take one of my well-deserved breaks from the forum.

lara

Its strange that you would say this considering you became pretty hostile and acted the same way others are doing here in another thread about not getting Christmas gifts in the mail on time, lol.

This is blatant robbery of geocachers money. Anyone remember a cacher from Texas (she no longer caches)? Wow she robbed alot of folks, but then again she was sick, husband lost his lob, etc. Thats a good reason to keep everyones money right? She managed to do a big trip to Seattle soon afterwards for some sort of vacation.

this has gotten too ugly, a mob mentality with "let's go find them" being expressed.

everyone makes mistakes. period. everyone. that includes those who have lost money here. are you pure with no mistakes that have cost others emotional distress? money?

let a&e try to straighten themselves out. they know they have erred. piling on more abuse is not going to get anything done.

if they don't make things right, then, move on. find something else to use your energy on. anger is bad for your heart! and it is simply not worth it.

you'all have done what you needed to do by contacting the various authorities. you have called them out in the forums. you have made their sins public.

if any of you have never made mistakes, then pile on, "get 'em," lynch them.

otherwise, how about just moving on. let the anger go and go caching!

as someone once said a long time ago, "turn the other cheek."

merry christmas folks

LOL! you are a hoot, scout, thinking your bad behaviour and the subsequent posts are similar to this thread. btw, how did your mission go after all - did you send a lovely package full of christmas gifts and goodies? i don't recall anyone saying they received your tardy mission.

i suppose i could have missed its big arrival announcement.

but in the spirit of forgiveness, one must even advocate forgiveness of this guy as well as A&E toys. i do hope this all gets resolved to everyone's satisfaction without any more nastiness. it really is too much for me, so i am going to take one of my well-deserved breaks from the forum.

lara

Its strange that you would say this considering you became pretty hostile and acted the same way others are doing here in another thread about not getting Christmas gifts in the mail on time, lol.

This is blatant robbery of geocachers money. Anyone remember a cacher from Texas (she no longer caches)? Wow she robbed alot of folks, but then again she was sick, husband lost his lob, etc. Thats a good reason to keep everyones money right? She managed to do a big trip to Seattle soon afterwards for some sort of vacation.

this has gotten too ugly, a mob mentality with "let's go find them" being expressed.

everyone makes mistakes. period. everyone. that includes those who have lost money here. are you pure with no mistakes that have cost others emotional distress? money?

let a&e try to straighten themselves out. they know they have erred. piling on more abuse is not going to get anything done.

if they don't make things right, then, move on. find something else to use your energy on. anger is bad for your heart! and it is simply not worth it.

you'all have done what you needed to do by contacting the various authorities. you have called them out in the forums. you have made their sins public.

if any of you have never made mistakes, then pile on, "get 'em," lynch them.

otherwise, how about just moving on. let the anger go and go caching!

as someone once said a long time ago, "turn the other cheek."

merry christmas folks

It is wonderful that you are so forgiving! I do agree that anger is bad for your heart.

But still feel the people here are discussing and actual issue that involves them, and reuniting them with their hard earned money.

It is wonderful that you are so forgiving! I do agree that anger is bad for your heart.

But still feel the people here are discussing and actual issue that involves them, and reuniting them with their hard earned money.

i understand your point of view. it just seemed as if we had gone beyond that. once the facts have been reiterated, what more is there is to say? now we just have to wait and see if good things come to pass. i always have hope!

lara

i understand your point of view. it just seemed as if we had gone beyond that. once the facts have been reiterated, what more is there is to say? now we just have to wait and see if good things come to pass. i always have hope!

lara

Lara, I think you are a sweet, generous person.

I see you saying this here, but then your posts about Eartha just seem to be piling on. They seem to be trying to start a mob mentality of discontent against the mods.

I see you saying this here, but then your posts about Eartha just seem to be piling on. They seem to be trying to start a mob mentality of discontent against the mods.

yes, you are somewhat right. i look at it as fighting for our rights not to be treated like children. there is no anger there, just fighting the good fight, hoping for positive change.

someone has to be the little kid from aesop's fables that says "the emperor has no clothes"

in this case, our heavy-handed mods.

lara

Just my take on the happenings here. Well that was an interesting update on 1/5, and considering some have yet to receive the promised refund, I consider that update JUNK....I agree with many others that this isn't furniture, I think they used the funds for the coins for their personal expenses..I don't think it is a mint thing as was indicated in all their updates...which again is just not right...I for one won't be dealing with them again. Just poor customer relations alone and when you have $173.25 of my hard earned money...you should at least send a response to my e-mail or update your website accordingly not with some generic response-"they are coming"

I hope the next update isn't "I received the coins but they aren't correct/or they are defective and they need to go back to the mint." :ph34r:

Anyways all is well on my end, I received the chargeback on January statement. On 12/31, I also received BBB letter indicating "...we have not received a response from the company."

Lesson learned always use a credit card.

I actually just received the Pirate coins I had ordered in August and they also sent a free cachin freestyle coin, but I am done with them, hope everyone else gets their coins or refunds

Almost a delay from 5 months for your Pirate coins???!! Can't be true...

I still can't believe it will take this long to get the Dragonfly 2008 to the mint and then to ship them.

Hi all,

First time posting on this forum. As many others (I think), on Jan 12th, I had an e-mail from aetoys.com telling me the shipped my Pirate Treasures coins. It's now Jan 27 and I still haven't received them. They told me they used USPS international First Class (I live in Canada).

Anyone know the normal delays for such a delivery ?

Any positive developpements from anyone of you ?

Regards

We've been quietly waiting. Seems all the ranting isn't really doing much good.

We're not bitter, nor angry, we haven't asked for a refund although one was offered.

We haven't attempted to crush A&E's store - can't see how that would help get the coins.

We received our order on the Pirate coins + bonus coins for our inconvenience - seems like the right gesture for a business to offer.

I don't think anyone or businessperson would respond to attacks. Especially a Mom & Pop store that was just trying to provide stuff to fellow cachers. I know some fellow cachers that do the same thing and go out of their way to do so. You have no knowledge of what they do and expenses they encounter to make this happen. You have no idea how much of their time is spent that they could have done something else.

Personally I am thankful to the ones out there contributing to Geocaching and providing a means to order geocaching related stuff so that we can enhance the many aspects of this sport we all seem to enjoy. Sure some turn a buck or two - it would just be stupid to do it at a loss, that is a lot of work and expense.

So they ran into a little trouble... The world isn't going to come to an end...

We purchased the Dragonfly coin for a special event. Our 1st ever local Meet & Greet and it was set up by some new area cachers "Fl Team Dragonfly" thus the coin. It was to be presented to them for assembling the Meet & Greet. They put a lot of work into it and it was well received. The Flatouts wanted to commend them. Alas, no coin. As we look around, the world is still the same as it ever was. No big deal.

We would like to receive the coins and still present them at some point.

Way we read the Preorders information/clause you are taking your chances there is no guarantee of delivery date. In fact you have the accept these conditions to place such an order.

If the bashing continues, BBB etc puts them in a situation that they can no longer do business - we probably will never see these coins. Worse they may just throw in the towel of Geocaching altogether - Lets hope they see that folks are just having trouble dealing with their emotions and lack patients.

They came through on the Pirate Coin - if they were out to rip people off they wouldn't have bothered, they also sent a token (Freestyle caching) of appreciation for our patients and at a cost to them. Surely they deserve the benefit of doubt.

It's like anything else folks are nice as long as things go their way - But when it doesn't Look Out...

We are disappointed to some extent - seems we were under the disillusion that Geocachers were different than mugglers. All of the Cachers we've met seem really nice. I guess it's easy to be nice for short periods of time. We have made a lot of new friends that seem to be capable of putting up with us for longer periods of time. So perhaps it's just Geocoins that drives the madness...LOL Oh well, life goes on.

Wonder if anyone offered to help? We did when their Email & website was being attacked. Really that didn't help the situation at all. Caused problems receiving Emails, putting up changes to the site and responses - what a headache to go through. Not sure they utilized the help (he's one of the best and a good friend who hates seeing people attacked that way).

Positive energy works much better than negative... Just something to chew on...

All we are waiting on is 2 Dragonfly coins (forgot the colors now so don't care). Hope we're right...

It's all about the Journey!

Cache On!

Edited by Flatouts

We've been quietly waiting. Seems all the ranting isn't really doing much good.

We're not bitter, nor angry, we haven't asked for a refund although one was offered.

We haven't attempted to crush A&E's store - can't see how that would help get the coins.

We received our order on the Pirate coins + bonus coins for our inconvenience - seems like the right gesture for a business to offer.

I don't think anyone or businessperson would respond to attacks. Especially a Mom & Pop store that was just trying to provide stuff to fellow cachers. I know some fellow cachers that do the same thing and go out of their way to do so. You have no knowledge of what they do and expenses they encounter to make this happen. You have no idea how much of their time is spent that they could have done something else.

Personally I am thankful to the ones out there contributing to Geocaching and providing a means to order geocaching related stuff so that we can enhance the many aspects of this sport we all seem to enjoy. Sure some turn a buck or two - it would just be stupid to do it at a loss, that is a lot of work and expense.

So they ran into a little trouble... The world isn't going to come to an end...

We purchased the Dragonfly coin for a special event. Our 1st ever local Meet & Greet and it was set up by some new area cachers "Fl Team Dragonfly" thus the coin. It was to be presented to them for assembling the Meet & Greet. They put a lot of work into it and it was well received. The Flatouts wanted to commend them. Alas, no coin. As we look around, the world is still the same as it ever was. No big deal.

We would like to receive the coins and still present them at some point.

Way we read the Preorders information/clause you are taking your chances there is no guarantee of delivery date. In fact you have the accept these conditions to place such an order.

If the bashing continues, BBB etc puts them in a situation that they can no longer do business - we probably will never see these coins. Worse they may just throw in the towel of Geocaching altogether - Lets hope they see that folks are just having trouble dealing with their emotions and lack patients.

They came through on the Pirate Coin - if they were out to rip people off they wouldn't have bothered, they also sent a token (Freestyle caching) of appreciation for our patients and at a cost to them. Surely they deserve the benefit of doubt.

It's like anything else folks are nice as long as things go their way - But when it doesn't Look Out...

We are disappointed to some extent - seems we were under the disillusion that Geocachers were different than mugglers. All of the Cachers we've met seem really nice. I guess it's easy to be nice for short periods of time. We have made a lot of new friends that seem to be capable of putting up with us for longer periods of time. So perhaps it's just Geocoins that drives the madness...LOL Oh well, life goes on.

Wonder if anyone offered to help? We did when their Email & website was being attacked. Really that didn't help the situation at all. Caused problems receiving Emails, putting up changes to the site and responses - what a headache to go through. Not sure they utilized the help (he's one of the best and a good friend who hates seeing people attacked that way).

Positive energy works much better than negative... Just something to chew on...

All we are waiting on is 2 Dragonfly coins (forgot the colors now so don't care). Hope we're right...

It's all about the Journey!

Cache On!

I missed when these went on sale. I was on a deployment and that tends to happen. Our internet just isn't conducive to buying things or trying to look at more than one page, forget about the forums or anything else with multiple entries or pictures. When I got back I was disappointed I had missed out on the dragonfly coins yet again! (We missed the 2007 version too!) Then the controversy beagn to heat up over the 2008 version. (I tend to remember a similar issue with the 2007 version.) As people attempted to bail out on the coins and seek their money back, I e-mailed the company. Their website was still up at that point and the contact us function appeared to be working. I offered to buy at least a set of the coins that some one else backed out on. I never even received an e-mail response back. No thanks, but no thanks or anything else. I was sincere in the offer and as I stated in that e-mail, I was willing to wait to receive the geocoin. I guess they did not need my money to be able to finance the coins. Guess they would rather get the coins and ebay them. Whenever that happens.

Good news.

I received a refund today. Well it was a payment for $55.05 of which I lose $1.90 in PayPal fees, but it's better than nothing I suppose.

The memo with my payment:

Here is the refund you asked for from our Dragonfly 2008 geocoin order number 5011. Sorry it took so long to refund. Doing everything we can in tough times. Hope you understand.

Mark

Alan and Elli's

They're operating under a different business name now: West Coast Cacher

Edited by AtlantaGal

Good news.

I received a refund today. Well it was a payment for $55.05 of which I lose $1.90 in PayPal fees, but it's better than nothing I suppose.

The memo with my payment:

Here is the refund you asked for from our Dragonfly 2008 geocoin order number 5011. Sorry it took so long to refund. Doing everything we can in tough times. Hope you understand.

Mark

Alan and Elli's

They're operating under a different business name now: West Coast Cacher

Glad to see that you finally got your funds back ~K

I received a copy of a letter from the Idaho Office Of The Attorney General. They are requesting a response to my complaint against A&E Toys and are giving them 21 days to respond or they will have to determine "our proper course of action without benefit of your comments"

Maybe they'll respond to THEM!! (they certainly haven't responded to me!) :(

Hi all,

this is to let you know I received my geocoins. They added a Free Style geocoin to be nice.

Better later than never...

I've also just had my Pirate coin arrive. That's good then...just the Dragonfly coin now...

dito here about the Pirate........

and i got the Free Style coin to so it`s nice......

now i hope that dragonfly will fly soon in my mailbox :unsure:

Edited by lorca.nl

If I remember right, this coind was supposed to be shipped on February 22nd. Now I could be wrong on that date. Then I see where lorca.nl says she got hers in the Netherlands on the 19th. Seems interesting that people outside the US have received theirs and I have yet to see anyone in the US get ours. And since there have not been any new updates or shipping notices, I thought I would see if anyone else has heard anything or if it is still the same boat for everyone.

Just noticed this on their website-

We can no longer stay open. Sorry! Thanks to all that have supported us. We have had a hard year and the fun is no longer there. All orders for the Dragonfly will ship or refund ASAP. This domain and all inventory will be Liquidated. Activation codes will be hosted here then moved to Mesamint.com.

Thanks! Mark, Sarah, Alan and Elli.. Team AEToys

Edited by rsfish1

I chalk it up to a lesson learned about pre-sales and will never do another pre-sale from another company unless they have a proven track record. The 'big fish' so to speak, have no problems producing coins offered for pre-sale, but several 'mom & pop' operations seem to have problems and will have to prove themselves before I consider pre-sales from them.... I hate that the few troublesome companies have hurt some others, but I work too hard for my $ to just throw it at anyone that says they will mint a coin and send it to me if I pay for it first...

But, AtlantaGal is probably right, these haven't been made and odds are they never will be...

The dragonfly coins were probably not even made yet. If I were you, I would pray for a refund.

I am so glad this mess is behind me.

AtlantaGal, did you go to their website recently and ask for a refund? I am curious, because I asked for a refund and as of today, I haven't heard from them. Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to get a refund?

And just for the record-I don't think anyone who wonders where their money went without any explanation is putting out "negative" vibes. It is totally unethical to take someone's money and not refund it when the merchandise isn't received. As far as I'm concerned, after this much time has passed, there are no excuses, just unethical business practices, unprofessional conduct, and dishonest tactics to prolong a bad situation. :o

This domain and all inventory will be Liquidated. Activation codes will be hosted here then moved to Mesamint.com.

Hmmm... Mesamint.com...

M ark

E lli

S arah

A lan

Things that make you go hmmmm....

Very astute observance, mousekakat!

This domain and all inventory will be Liquidated. Activation codes will be hosted here then moved to Mesamint.com.

Hmmm... Mesamint.com...

M ark

E lli

S arah

A lan

And remember the post from AtlantaGal stating that they're going by the business name of "West Coast Cacher" now also. Caveat emptor.

I asked them for a refund months ago and I asked several times. Not once did I ever receive a reply by email. The only reply I ever got was the refund I eventually received on the day I posted that info to this thread.

Yeah, I'll be very wary of any new coin businesses that pop up in Idaho or have either the westcoastcacher or the mesamint domain names.

Just another interesting observation-

Domain: MESAMINT.COM

Created on 02-18-2009

So the codes are going to be moved to a domain that was just registered.

And AEToys.com-Record expires on 28-Apr-2015

Good luck selling it. The next person to get it may not be happy with it's reputation. LOL

I have to wonder how they are deciding WHO to issue refunds to? If they sent AG her money back (minus the Paypal fees, of course :laughing:)

then why haven't they sent the rest of us that WANT A REFUND of their money?

The "Economic Downturn" has hit this household right between the eye's and we certainly could use that $107.70 -minus the Paypal fee's

I don't want the Dragonfly coins I want a refund!!

Order # 5008 May 27 2008- total $107.70

OHHH MYYY................

they close :laughing::D

don`t know or i still get the dragonfly let`s hope so........

and if not and i got refund well that`s sad then...............

dhuuu how can i think it`s sad........

there are so much other cool nice beauty coinzzzz........

so give refund and i buy a otherzzz :D

after all i did get a free FREE STYLE COIN of them so they try to do there best to make me happy........

i`m sorry for you all.......

Hmmm... Mesamint.com...

M ark

E lli

S arah

A lan

oh snap, good catch :)

Hmmm... Mesamint.com...

M ark

E lli

S arah

A lan

:)

Edited by Maxwell10

The unmitigated GALL "it's been a tough year and is no longer fun" so we're going to take the money that we EXTORTED from our fellow cachers, close our domain and open another domain with a different name.

Can they REALLY get away with this??

I noticed that their name has been removed from the Geocoin resellers list and the authorized Groudspeak distributor list and this happened before they announced they were closing their doors which leads me to believe that Groundspeak may not be willing to do business with them until things get straitened out, regardless of what "business" name they use. These are just my assumptions.

:) Possibilities for a very interesting event cache...... :)

GC1NMBN March - April Meet and Greet! 4/13/09

Steve

I thought the same thing. I may have to make a trip out there. Maybe my business will take me in to the area around that time. I will have to look at my schedule and see about posting a note for possible attendance.

I've pretty much given up on the two Dragonfly coins I ordered a YEAR ago. I really like AE TOYS and they gave outstanding customer service until the dragonfly coin disaster. I have no ill will towards them. They probably just ran into bad times and did the best they could. If I ever get the coins, I'll be thrilled!!!! But I'm not going to hold my breath for them. I'm moving on and wish AE toys the best in resolving all the complaints. :)

Edited by Max and 99