2008 Dragonfly

nashuan

We're keeping track of undelivered coins in this thread. This is the Dragonfly list thus far. Please feel free to add your name to the list (get rid of the quotes) in that thread (not here), if you have not already. Make sure you add it to the correct coin list.

Name of coin: 2008 Dragonfly

Name of Vendor: AEToys

Date Paid: See below

Shipment Due Date: ?????

Ordered by:

1. yalehockeymom, not received, pd 5-27-08

2. AtlantaGal, not received, pd 5-27-08

3. kehunt64 , not received pd. 8-13-2008

4. Vanelle, not received

5. rivercity, not received, pd 3-2-08

6. fairyhoney, not received, pd 3-2-08

7. GeoKs, not received, pd 5/27/08

8. LionsLair, not recieved, paid 5/26/08

9. RSFish1, not received, Paid 5/27/08

10. pingos, not received, paid 5-27-08

11. Steel City Babes, not received, Paid 8/13/08 and 8/20/08(Don't ask...as you can see I have a problem )

12. Sweetlife not recieved and paid for 5-27 08

13. Nashuan - Dragonfly 2008 sets not received. Pd $161.25 on 5/27/08 (also pd $119.30 on 5/30/08 for Pirate Treasure coins - not received)

14. Penny and Kona - Dragonly 2008: 1 set and extras of each not received. Paid: too much Paid when: 27 May 2008, and I still have original email receipts and an order number to prove it.

15. gardengorilla, not received paid sometime in April...

Name of coin: 2008 Dragonfly

Name of Vendor: AEToys

Date Paid: See below

Shipment Due Date: ?????

Ordered by:

1. yalehockeymom, not received, pd 5-27-08

2. AtlantaGal, not received, pd 5-27-08

3. kehunt64 , not received pd. 8-13-2008

4. Vanelle, not received

5. rivercity, not received, pd 3-2-08

6. fairyhoney, not received, pd 3-2-08

7. GeoKs, not received, pd 5/27/08

8. LionsLair, not recieved, paid 5/26/08

9. RSFish1, not received, Paid 5/27/08

10. pingos, not received, paid 5-27-08

11. Steel City Babes, not received, Paid 8/13/08 and 8/20/08(Don't ask...as you can see I have a problem )

12. Sweetlife not recieved and paid for 5-27 08

13. Nashuan - Dragonfly 2008 sets not received. Pd $161.25 on 5/27/08 (also pd $119.30 on 5/30/08 for Pirate Treasure coins - not received)

14. Penny and Kona - Dragonly 2008: 1 set and extras of each not received. Paid: too much Paid when: 27 May 2008, and I still have original email receipts and an order number to prove it.

15. gardengorilla, not received paid sometime in April...

16. Pabloturtle, not received, paid 5/27/2008

SNIP:

We're keeping track of undelivered coins in this thread. This is the Dragonfly list thus far. Please feel free to add your name to the list (get rid of the quotes) in that thread (not here), if you have not already. Make sure you add it to the correct coin list.

Eartha does not want us to add names to the list she posted in this thread. She wants names added to the list in the pinned thread titled "Coin Buyer and Vendor Receipt/Feedback Thread" or click on her underlined words "this thread" in post 151 above to go to the correct thread, where you can add your name to the list. Make sure you add it to the list for the 2008 Dragonfly Coins.

OK here is my update.

I called the credit card company that I used when I made my Paypal payment. They told me that I have 6 months to file a ''chargeback" refund for non-delivery of merchandise!! Situations like this are not considered billing errors, which only have 60 days. They have opened a complaint and will contact Paypal for my refund. Paypal/AEToys will then have 30 days to comply with proof of shipment or the money.

I then called Paypal and was told that EVERYONE needs to file a complaint through the Paypal Resolution Center even if it is after 45 days. He said that the complaint will close because it is after the 45 days but that they will still see it in their system. He said that if they see numerous complaints for the same type of problem with a company, they will look into the company and can stop them from using Paypal.

The person at Paypal said that although Paypal has a 45 day resolution time frame, if you paid with a credit card your credit card company can get your money back even after 45 days. So for all of you who paid with a credit card, you need to call your credit card company and tell them that you paid for items that you have not received and that you want to open a complaint and have the charge reversed and credited back to your credit card. ~Karen

This morning I received an email from Paypal with a case number for my chargeback complaint. It seems that for those wanting their funds back, going through your credit card company is the fastest and easiest way to get your refund. ~Karen

OK here is my update.

I called the credit card company that I used when I made my Paypal payment. They told me that I have 6 months to file a ''chargeback" refund for non-delivery of merchandise!! Situations like this are not considered billing errors, which only have 60 days. They have opened a complaint and will contact Paypal for my refund. Paypal/AEToys will then have 30 days to comply with proof of shipment or the money.

I then called Paypal and was told that EVERYONE needs to file a complaint through the Paypal Resolution Center even if it is after 45 days. He said that the complaint will close because it is after the 45 days but that they will still see it in their system. He said that if they see numerous complaints for the same type of problem with a company, they will look into the company and can stop them from using Paypal.

The person at Paypal said that although Paypal has a 45 day resolution time frame, if you paid with a credit card your credit card company can get your money back even after 45 days. So for all of you who paid with a credit card, you need to call your credit card company and tell them that you paid for items that you have not received and that you want to open a complaint and have the charge reversed and credited back to your credit card. ~Karen

This morning I received an email from Paypal with a case number for my chargeback complaint. It seems that for those wanting their funds back, going through your credit card company is the fastest and easiest way to get your refund. ~Karen

It appears as though my credit card company is the one that got the ball rolling with paypal....not my complaint with paypal... according to a letter from 11/26 (date filed complaint with credit card company) I was credited with the full transaction value to my credit card for two charges plus any finance charges incurred. I will check it more closely this weekend. It appears once paypal recoups the funds, they will go directly to my credit card since at this time it appears as though reimbursement might have occurred through my credit card company....once again I will contact my Credit card company this weekend to see if I correctly understand the statement received in the mail...

OK here is my update.

It appears as though my credit card company is the one that got the ball rolling with paypal....not my complaint with paypal... according to a letter from 11/26 (date filed complaint with credit card company) I was credited with the full transaction value to my credit card for two charges plus any finance charges incurred. I will check it more closely this weekend. It appears once paypal recoups the funds, they will go directly to my credit card since at this time it appears as though reimbursement might have occurred through my credit card company....once again I will contact my Credit card company this weekend to see if I correctly understand the statement received in the mail...Charge back initiated 12/1/03 by credit card company on 12/3 it looks like it was actually credited via paypal.

Just curious if anybody got an email notification on Dec. 5th?

This whole mess really saddens me, I really don't understand how it got this far out of hand, I know Mark personally and am truly shocked to see this going on. I hope he makes it right in the end.

Edited by Team JSAM

I've been hoping for some contact from AEToys but no word yet. I'm waiting for about $300 worth of the 2008 Dragonfly coins and the Pirate Treasure coins. If anything has shipped, you would think they would have notified everyone to expect deliveries, so guess what that means :D

I guess this <removed> thinks that an empty, groundless update every month or so will appease the masses! Not so my Friend.

I realize that calling this individual a <removed> is probably not called for and I apologize, but 'cmon talk about Insulting our Intelligence!!

Edited by Eartha

A notification from the BBB today:

Business Name: Alan & Elli's Toys

You recently requested our help concerning a problem with the company named above.

The company has not responded to the Bureau to date. If you have heard from the company please contact the BBB at .

We encourage you to use our ONLINE COMPLAINT system to keep up with the progress of this complaint.

A notification from the BBB today:

Business Name: Alan & Elli's Toys

You recently requested our help concerning a problem with the company named above.

The company has not responded to the Bureau to date. If you have heard from the company please contact the BBB at .

We encourage you to use our ONLINE COMPLAINT system to keep up with the progress of this complaint.

I received one of these emails today too. I am going through my credit card company and have heard from Paypal that my credit card company filed a chargeback claim!! ;) AEToys has until the 13th to respond to Paypal. Don't know what they can possibly say in their defense since there is no way that they can deny that they have NOT mailed my merchandise.

Your credit card company is your best course of action if you want your funds refunded

Let you credit card company give you your money back and let Paypal deal with AEToys.

I finally gave up and filed a complaint with the Internet Crime Compliance Office and would encourage anyone else who is waiting for orders from AEToys to do the same. I had hoped that by some miracle these people would come through.

I have orders in on the Dragonfly sets and Pirate Treasure coins and it sickens me that we've been ripped off, but plain and simple that's what happened. You know, I can understand sickness, I can understand divorce, I could even understand mismanagement of funds (I wouldn't like it, but I could understand it). I don't think that's what is going on here though. We were strung along, with empty promises until our time for refunds ran out. We were conned.

I finally gave up and filed a complaint with the Internet Crime Compliance Office and would encourage anyone else who is waiting for orders from AEToys to do the same. I had hoped that by some miracle these people would come through.

I have orders in on the Dragonfly sets and Pirate Treasure coins and it sickens me that we've been ripped off, but plain and simple that's what happened. You know, I can understand sickness, I can understand divorce, I could even understand mismanagement of funds (I wouldn't like it, but I could understand it). I don't think that's what is going on here though. We were strung along, with empty promises until our time for refunds ran out. We were conned.

If you paid with a credit card through Paypal you need to contact your credit card company, explain to them that you never received your merchandise, and ask them if they will file a chargeback to get your funds back from Paypal. This seems to be the fastest way to get a refund. If the credit card company files a chargeback, you will get your money back.

I paid paypal through a debit card. It has a Mastercard logo, but I don't think it's actually considered a credit card per se. My computer was acting wacky last night, but after a couple of hours, I was finally able to also file complaints with Paypal. Next stop; BBB and maybe the Attorney General's office in Idaho.

Edited by nashuan

I don't care what it costs, it is time to say BS to this crap. I wrote them today asking for either an exact date for delivery of all products or an address at which they can be served with papers. Doesn't cost much to file a claim in small claims court, and a trip to Idaho would be part of the costs reimbursable. Might even have an opportunity to find a cache or two while there. Besides, a couple of judgements against deadbeats selling here should send a message.

I don't care what it costs, it is time to say BS to this crap. I wrote them today asking for either an exact date for delivery of all products or an address at which they can be served with papers. Doesn't cost much to file a claim in small claims court, and a trip to Idaho would be part of the costs reimbursable. Might even have an opportunity to find a cache or two while there. Besides, a couple of judgements against deadbeats selling here should send a message.

I wonder if there is such a thing as a 'class action' small claims filing? It probably depends upon how much money total has been defrauded those who participate in the suit. But it might be something to check into.

Anyone know a good lawyer - preferably one licensed in Idaho?

Here is the address that is on the BBB site:

Alan & Elli's Toys

1128 Fiesta Way

Twin Falls, ID 83301-8264

I wonder if they are going to change these to Dragonfly 2009 :)

I have to laugh - I was thinking the very same thing. I don't know if anybody has ever noticed, but the last batch of Pirate Treasure coins that were actually delivered were marked as 2007, though they were supposed to have been minted this year.

I think they will opt for door number three and not answer you one way or the other. Don't hold your breath. Don't mean to be all down on you, but I'm thinking that they are too embarrassed to tell us what happened, or deliberately defraudded us in which case it is in their best interest not to contact us.

I wonder if there is such a thing as a 'class action' small claims filing? It probably depends upon how much money total has been defrauded those who participate in the suit. But it might be something to check into.

Anyone know a good lawyer - preferably one licensed in Idaho?

I don't know any Idaho lawyers, but if we can all band together and do some class action thing or even a whole bunch of individual things, I'm in. I'll fly in from New Hampshire if need be - even if it cost me more to fly and for a hotel room than I have on the line.

Edited by nashuan

If it is like here and I am sure it is similar, it costs around 50 bucks to file a small claims action. Usually damages have to be $3,000 or less. Claim has to be filed in home county, but expenses for filing and travel can be included. No lawyer is required and judgements can then be attached to any transactions in whatever counties you wish to attach them in. Then no county bussiness can be transacted until the action is settled, for instance buying/selling property or vehicles. I figure it doesn't cost much to file the claim and I may even have a chat about the situation with the DA while I am there regarding possible criminal fraud. I'm just about sick of this garbage and since I travel frequently anyway, why not. Maybe it will send a message to anyone else out there who takes our money in advance that this is real folks! It ain't a game and there will be consequences.

WOW! and I got my hand spanked for using the "J" word :)

the "J" word? email time! there are other places to talk where you don't get your hand slapped like a little kid.

rsg

LMAO! Yeah, they just remove threads they don't lik entirely! :):):blink:

Has anyone actually had contact with AE toys? Or has no reason been given for the delay at all (recently).

WOW! and I got my hand spanked for using the "J" word :anicute:

the "J" word? email time! there are other places to talk where you don't get your hand slapped like a little kid.

rsg

LMAO! Yeah, they just remove threads they don't lik entirely! :wub::):)

Has anyone actually had contact with AE toys? Or has no reason been given for the delay at all (recently).

It happened once over there, ain't you ever made a mistake ???? :blink::) I've seen plenty disappear, get locked or edited in this place on a continuing basis.

WOW! and I got my hand spanked for using the "J" word :D

rsg

LMAO! Yeah, they just remove threads they don't lik entirely! :D:D:D

I've tried emailing them thru their Webstore- Nuthin' Tried contacting them thru their eBay listings-Nuthin' Maybe I should go and buy some of their Beef J----y - they MUST have alot of that, judging by the B.S they keep slinging.

I just checked the AEToys website and found the following message:

Due to the economy and a few issues we have had on our geocoins we are closing until further notice. We hope to reopen in the next few months. Our Nanos will be back instock and we will offer them on our ebay store. We love geocaching and our store but hard times have forced us to back off for a short time. Thank you to all that have supported us, we look forward to working with you again. All orders placed for stock items will be shipped in the next day or two. Any orders for the Pirate geocoins we have been told they left China and we hope to be shipping them very soon. We will honor all orders for the Dragonfly geocoins with refunds or shipping them soon as we receive them.

We hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season. We will see you in the new year.

Team AEToys!