2008 Dragonfly

nashuan

we could a post a note on one of their cache page listings, "I paid you three months ago, where's my stuff?" that should get their attention

Actually, it's been since the end of MAY. . .

so did anyone do this? great idea, imo.

rsg

I realize that the perons running the company has done a very bad thing but I also think GS will ot look kindly on this action. The BBB and paypal is a better idea, IMHO.

On second thought, I agree with you, I don't think GS would approve.

Live to serve. : )

There are probably other lists too (like Angie's List), but I think that the BBB is the main business oversight group. They're the first that spring to my poor addled brain, at least!

I haven't dug into the site, but if they accept positive reports, I'd encourage everyone to sing the praises of their favorite vendors, too. That way, your favorite vendor can get an A+ rating. : )

Complaints can also be filed through the USPS website under "Mail Fraud"under "Didn't Get What You Ordered". From their site:

"Legitimate businesses appreciate feedback. Check the offer for the delivery time frame, usually 6 to 8 weeks, and then contact the company. (The original expected date for these coins was June 9, 2008)

Please wait 2 weeks after contacting them before contacting us. When a delivery time is not specified, a Federal Trade Commission rule mandates fulfillment within 30 days, unless you applied for first-time credit with the company.

For more information on compliance rules for businesses, click here to read the Federal Trade Commission Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rules. "http://www.usps.com/common/exit_page.htm?url=http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/mailorder.htm These FTC mandates apply to any merchandise sold by mail, telephone, internet or fax.

The USPS cannot get our money back, but they can turn this over to the State Attorney's Office after they investigate. I will also be calling the Federal Trade Commission and asking them for advice and will post what I find out. I know to some of you this may seem harsh. Some people only ordered 1 coin and may be thinking "OK they stuck me for $10.00, lesson learned" BUT if you add up ALL of the money they collected from these coins, the Pirate Treasure coins and shipping, I would guess that they collected at least $6500.00.

It should not be that hard for AEToys to PROVE to their customers that these coins are REALLY paid for and currently being produced at the mint, if that is in fact the case. If the coins are not being minted, they have committed theft, plain and simple. I would rather have my coins than the money, but at this point I am done with all of the BS. ~Karen

Edited by kehunt64

I went to the first posting and clicked on the link. Tried to contact them and this is what it says:

"Now that it looks like the mint is getting close.

This coin is now sold out. Thanks!

Its finally ready we have been working on these coin for six months.

We wanted it to live up to our Dragonfly 2007. " ( Bull honky)

AND

"We will be updating our contact page over the next month or two.

For Email Marketing you can trust "

It wouldn't be so bad IF they would just come forward and give us some info. I tried to file with Paypal for non delivery BUT my claim was refused and closed due to time :laughing:

What floors me is that E-bay is still letting them sell on their site :laughing: !

I contacted them from Ebay using the 'Ask Seller A Question' link on one of their listings with a question about one of their listings and got a reply in about 30 minutes. Since they seem to reply to questions about their listings on Ebay that shows to me that they are still trying to sell products and can be contacted, therefore it looks like they are just ignoring any questions put to them about the dragonfly coins.

I contacted them from Ebay using the 'Ask Seller A Question' link on one of their listings with a question about one of their listings and got a reply in about 30 minutes. Since they seem to reply to questions about their listings on Ebay that shows to me that they are still trying to sell products and can be contacted, therefore it looks like they are just ignoring any questions put to them about the dragonfly coins.

I did the same thing, but I requested a refund on my orders for the Pirate and Dragonfly coins--No response!

What awas their response to you JohnMac?

I didn't ask anything about the Dragonfly coins. I asked them about one of the items they had listed (wanted specific dimensions) and they responded within 30 minutes with the dimensions I needed to know...

That makes me extremely mad, they can respond to something like that because they are going to take your money....I sent them an email...no response yet...of course not they already have my money.... :shocked:

Just wondering if gc.com will/might step into to see if these coins are actually at the mint....or entice them to at least post and update on expected arrival....did they do something similiar with another deadbeat company....

I did the same thing, but I requested a refund on my orders for the Pirate and Dragonfly coins--No response!

I tried that too--nothing

I am thinking about buying something from them off ebay just so I can leave them negative feedback

Is it against forum rules to post a new topic entitled "AETOYS ripped me off"

Is it against forum rules to post a new topic entitled "AETOYS ripped me off"

Please feel free to post in this thread. This thread is for coins "not delivered" only.

Add your names to post #18 and so on...

Is this a pinned thread? It makes no sense to have a thread to help the community with regards to these types of issues and then have it keep dropping to the back pages and then just hope someone finds it or even remembers it.

Yesterday I noticed that aetoys was on the geocoin forums on two separate occasions. When I looked at their name it showed that they were looking at this thread. It is very sad that they didn't even respond to the thread or your countless questions about the coins.

I went to their store and used "Ask the Seller A question" to let them know about this thread, and that there's talk about reporting them to the FTC for fraud and theft. I suggested that posting an update here might be a good idea; apparently they did not want to take my advice. Maybe some information might be forthcoming in the future (but I'd not hold my breath).

Yesterday I noticed that aetoys was on the geocoin forums on two separate occasions. When I looked at their name it showed that they were looking at this thread. It is very sad that they didn't even respond to the thread or your countless questions about the coins.

I went to their store and used "Ask the Seller A question" to let them know about this thread, and that there's talk about reporting them to the FTC for fraud and theft. I suggested that posting an update here might be a good idea; apparently they did not want to take my advice. Maybe some information might be forthcoming in the future (but I'd not hold my breath).

At this point, I probably wouldn't believe them even if they had taken the time to fabricate another story. In all my time collecting coins (since spring of 2005), the only time there have been super long delays of several months were when the seller of the coins pocketed the cash and never got the coins made. I cannot think of any other exceptions other than Wyoming 2005 (and who knows when that order was actually placed).

I'll keep an eye out for that.

A few days ago, they had a BBB rating of B-. Now they are listed with a "No Rating" which means: BBB has recently received numerous complaints against the business that are still being processed and have not been incorporated into the ratings evaluation.

Good!

I did complain through paypal but was told too much time has elapsed for me to open a case.

You can file a complaint at any time. They will only take action within the 45 days but wil "investigate" if there is a repeat offender and has enough black flags against them.

So this is what I did, I filed a claim or report then found the # to contact paypal directly. Get them on the phone and explain that this is a serious problem and that you are not the only one out there they have done this to. Ask them what else you can do.

Unfortunately, this is your best course of action. It directly affects their bottom line. They continue to use their paypal account to take money from all of their ventures. Without that account, I bet they'd react to something :unsure: Oh, and YHM is right. You have to call Paypal and explain the rampant theft. It's the best way after the 45 day window to get a good response and reaction. Somehow they refunded my money back in September, so I can't swim with ya'll.

TMA

I did complain through paypal but was told too much time has elapsed for me to open a case.

You can file a complaint at any time. They will only take action within the 45 days but wil "investigate" if there is a repeat offender and has enough black flags against them.

So this is what I did, I filed a claim or report then found the # to contact paypal directly. Get them on the phone and explain that this is a serious problem and that you are not the only one out there they have done this to. Ask them what else you can do.

Unfortunately, this is your best course of action. It directly affects their bottom line. They continue to use their paypal account to take money from all of their ventures. Without that account, I bet they'd react to something :D Oh, and YHM is right. You have to call Paypal and explain the rampant theft. It's the best way after the 45 day window to get a good response and reaction. Somehow they refunded my money back in September, so I can't swim with ya'll.

TMA

I would think that complaints to their State Attorney's Office and the Federal Trade Commission might also wake them up. Criminal charges seem to have that effect on most people. I will personally be looking into both of these options after the Holiday. If they are this dishonest I wonder if they are claiming our stolen money as income on their taxes this year :unsure::D

Edited by kehunt64

Add me to this long list? I seriously hope all is well.

I didn't realize the chunk of change I have tied up with these coins. :unsure: I wish it was only 1 or 2 coins

I will give them a day or two to respond and then I too will file complaint.

AS of 11/25/08:

*Complaint filed with BBB.

*I contacted paypal to by phone, they told me they would file complaint it would close but eventually their account will be looked at with all the claims against them.

*I have also filed complaint with my funding source- they are going to investigate. May possibly get a refund but it could take 60-90 days.

*I also filed a complaint at www.ic3.gov per recommendation from either paypal or my funding source.

Cheers happy holidays.

I was just thinking as I have heard a couple of other coin sellers having minting issues, I too am frustrated as one of the coins I ordered was to trade for a proximity coin, I might just have to look for a 2007 version to buy..

Outside of the dreaded dragonfly I have only had positive experience with them and because of that will hope for an extra Christmas present..

That is sad.

Of course they know what is going on here. They even have a family member selling geocoins here so I am sure they are getting the feedback from more then one source.

Sadly, as others have pointed out, this hurts legitimate sellers of geocoins. I hope this gets resolved soon.

That is sad.

Of course they know what is going on here. They even have a family member selling geocoins here so I am sure they are getting the feedback from more then one source.

Sadly, as others have pointed out, this hurts legitimate sellers of geocoins. I hope this gets resolved soon.

This does have a major affect on all presold coins.

I just went to event out of town and was showing off the 2008 Idaho Geocoin samples and told people the could go online for the presale and all i heard was the issues from Geocoin distributors from Idaho and it was so sad to hear this.

They also wanted to know if i new anything or could help out with people getting there coins.

Just because one or two sellers are having issues in Idaho does not make it that they all are.

I am pretty sure not one of the people i showed the coins to went online and purchased a Idaho coin because they are afraid of getting ripped off again.

I hope Groundspeak steps in and helps us all with these issues or i hope they can find a way to make sure this does not happen again.

It would be nice to go to events or chat lines and hear positive and not negative.

OK here is my update.

I called the credit card company that I used when I made my Paypal payment. They told me that I have 6 months to file a ''chargeback" refund for non-delivery of merchandise!! Situations like this are not considered billing errors, which only have 60 days. They have opened a complaint and will contact Paypal for my refund. Paypal/AEToys will then have 30 days to comply with proof of shipment or the money.

I then called Paypal and was told that EVERYONE needs to file a complaint through the Paypal Resolution Center even if it is after 45 days. He said that the complaint will close because it is after the 45 days but that they will still see it in their system. He said that if they see numerous complaints for the same type of problem with a company, they will look into the company and can stop them from using Paypal.

The person at Paypal said that although Paypal has a 45 day resolution time frame, if you paid with a credit card your credit card company can get your money back even after 45 days. So for all of you who paid with a credit card, you need to call your credit card company and tell them that you paid for items that you have not received and that you want to open a complaint and have the charge reversed and credited back to your credit card. ~Karen

I called the credit card company that I used when I made my Paypal payment. They told me that I have 6 months to file a ''chargeback" refund for non-delivery of merchandise!! Situations like this are not considered billing errors, which only have 60 days. They have opened a complaint and will contact Paypal for my refund. Paypal/AEToys will then have 30 days to comply with proof of shipment or the money.

I snipped out the some of the parts, and shrunk the text :rolleyes: Anyway, my response to your post is this:

ALWAYS PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD! (if you don't have an outstanding paypal balance). Unfortunately if you carry a paypal balance, your only payment option is that balance.

I learned this lesson back when I was a Beanie Baby buyer. Yeah yeah, get all the laughs out of your system :rolleyes: Anyway, I had about $450 worth of merchandise coming in from Europe. I waited about 12 weeks for the shipment, and after numerous attempts to contact the seller failed, I took action. I simply called Mastercard, said I never received the merchandise, and they reversed the charge while I was on the phone.

Caveat.... If you are still within the 45 day paypal window, they require you to use their system, and not call the credit card police, lest you possibly forfeit your paypal privileges. FYI.

TMA

I snipped out the some of the parts, and shrunk the text :D Anyway, my response to your post is this:

ALWAYS PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD! (if you don't have an outstanding paypal balance). Unfortunately if you carry a paypal balance, your only payment option is that balance.

I learned this lesson back when I was a Beanie Baby buyer. Yeah yeah, get all the laughs out of your system :D Anyway, I had about $450 worth of merchandise coming in from Europe. I waited about 12 weeks for the shipment, and after numerous attempts to contact the seller failed, I took action. I simply called Mastercard, said I never received the merchandise, and they reversed the charge while I was on the phone.

Caveat.... If you are still within the 45 day paypal window, they require you to use their system, and not call the credit card police, lest you possibly forfeit your paypal privileges. FYI.

TMA

SNIP *I learned this lesson back when I was a Beanie Baby buyer* :rolleyes::rolleyes::unsure::ph34r::) OK I'm done laughing now :D

You are right, people should ALWAYS use a credit card. The man at Paypal said that if you use a money order or bank transfer you are pretty much held to the 45 days. I was a little surprised to find out from my credit card company that I had 6 months to filed for a chargeback. I had no idea that I had that long.

I filed the complaint through the Paypal Resolution Center, it basically said it was too late but hopefully they will see it in their system like you said...

I used a bank transfer instead of the credit card on Paypal, so I guess I am out of luck, but that's good info to everyone else who used a credit card. Thanks for posting all that info

I did find this new update on their site regarding the Pirate coin:

The Pirate coins will be shipping next week. All orders will be filled then the remaining coins will be listed here on Friday Dec. 5th.

So, who knows what the heck is going on

Yeah, that is the problem...noboby knows what the heck is going on because AEToys is not professional enough to treat their customers with ANY kind of respect.

Looks like they closed shop on ebay...it says aetoys store name doesn't exist anymore

of course the ebay shop closed they have no way to borrow your funds forever I will bet there is a hold on their paypal account....with all the complaints....that was my biggest complaint when I called paypal expressing that I didn't feel it was right for paypal to allow them to still use their services when they have outstanding orders.

Kehunt responses were the same that I received as well from paypal and my credit card company...

Possible good news ....I received an email from paypal concerning both my orders indicating my deferred buyer complaint has been REOPENED (deferred because it was after the 45 days)

Anybody else received a similiar e-mail...

At this point I just want my money back and I will no longer deal with this company.

I forgot to mention AEToys has until December 7th to respond to Paypal in regards to the now reopened claims, I will keep you all posted as well....