2008 Dragonfly

nashuan

This coin sale goes down in history as being one of the top 3 worst ever.

The problem is, it's not getting better. Absolutely not a peep of an udpate, and I KNOW they have a clue. People that are near and dear to them read this thread every day . . .

So how would we rank them?

1. Wyoming 2006

2. Titanic/ Lady Luck remint

3. Dragonfly 2008

?????

The wyoming was pretty bad, but I actually move that to 2nd on the list since I did eventually get my coin order. The last several orders from geocoin design would be #3 since I was only effected by the cats and those did arrive faster than these Dragonflys. My payment for the Dragonfly is outstanding since MAY 27th. That's really pathetic. I think it's time for Groundspeak to make a call to these people.

SoCal has got to be up there too.

The problem is, it's not getting better. Absolutely not a peep of an udpate, and I KNOW they have a clue. People that are near and dear to them read this thread every day . . .

1. Wyoming 2006

3. Dragonfly 2008

?????

The wyoming was pretty bad, but I actually move that to 2nd on the list since I did eventually get my coin order. The last several orders from geocoin design would be #3 since I was only effected by the cats and those did arrive faster than these Dragonflys. My payment for the Dragonfly is outstanding since MAY 27th. That's really pathetic. I think it's time for Groundspeak to make a call to these people.

LOL, well I might be having a new personal geocoin coming down the line if I can get some help designing the back of it. (See my desperate attempt of a plea thread) and the winning design will receive a few coins from me for helping!

1. Wyoming 2006

3. Dragonfly 2008

?????

LOL, well I might be having a new personal geocoin coming down the line if I can get some help designing the back of it. (See my desperate attempt of a plea thread) and the winning design will receive a few coins from me for helping!

You are really going to throw that out in a discussion about the worst coin sales ever?

1. Wyoming 2006

3. Dragonfly 2008

?????

You are really going to throw that out in a discussion about the worst coin sales ever?

Ouch, that's kinda hurtfull. Now I know why I left for 3 years! Nothing says "welcome back" like a snide remark. Sorry I asked for help in a thread.

Groundspeaks policy.

Those choosing to participate in an exchange on this board take full responsibility for any consequences of that exchange. Groundspeak is in no way involved in the sale or trading of items on this board and will not be held responsible or liable in any way for quality issues, fraud or any default of transfer on the part of the buyer or seller.

Individual negotiations or information exchanges should take place through private e-mail or telephone correspondence, not on this board. Please use the communication tools provided on the site or private email.

1. Wyoming 2006

3. Dragonfly 2008

?????

Ouch, that's kinda hurtfull. Now I know why I left for 3 years! Nothing says "welcome back" like a snide remark. Sorry I asked for help in a thread.

Apology email sent! But we should probably get back on topic, which is the worst coins sales ever...wait...no... it is the DragonFly coin! LOL

Edited by MustangJoni

True, but when Groundspeak approves them as a seller I would say that makes them involved. I think what you quoted below is more of a trading guidline. Just my .02.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=116800

"The list below contains links to various Geocoin manufacturers approved by Groundspeak."

Groundspeaks policy.

Those choosing to participate in an exchange on this board take full responsibility for any consequences of that exchange. Groundspeak is in no way involved in the sale or trading of items on this board and will not be held responsible or liable in any way for quality issues, fraud or any default of transfer on the part of the buyer or seller.

Individual negotiations or information exchanges should take place through private e-mail or telephone correspondence, not on this board. Please use the communication tools provided on the site or private email.

Edited by RifleMan81

Ok, so my point is that it looks like the sale of the coins is through paypal. Why not go through paypal to get your money back instead of bringing up complaints here :P ? You can get your money back within two weeks if you used paypal :):laughing: . Groundspeak can only remove the sellers from listing here and not get your money back.

This has only become a bashing of someones work without fully understanding whats going on. We all got it that you paid some time ago and never recieved the coin. Go through other channels to get your money now :laughing: .

True, but when Groundspeak approves them as a seller I would say that makes them involved. I think what you quoted below is more of a trading guidline. Just my .02.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=116800

"The list below contains links to various Geocoin manufacturers approved by Groundspeak."

Groundspeaks policy.

1. Wyoming 2006

3. Dragonfly 2008

?????

#2 and #3 along with the trouble with the #4 caching time coin are the reason I don't jump on the pre-sale bandwagon when it rolls through ( unless it is from a very reputible company! ) All it took was a few bad apples to ruin it for the other mom and pop coin companies. I also limit my buying when I do presales. I don't buy 3-4 seta anymore (can't afford that type of loss any longer...)

I've chalked this one up to 'lesson learned' :P ...the hard way!

I think it's time for Groundspeak to make a call to these people.

From what I know they have been contacted and are working on the issues. They are still on the approved supply list.

I won't acknowledge the other person in this thread since they clearly are clueless as to what's going on. Since Groundspeak has persoanlly contacted other coin sellers on the worst list, it only makes sense that this particular vendor be contacted as well.

1. Wyoming 2006

3. Dragonfly 2008

?????

DITTO THAT! Atlanta Gal :D

I think it's time for Groundspeak to make a call to these people.

From what I know they have been contacted and are working on the issues. They are still on the approved supply list.

I won't acknowledge the other person in this thread since they clearly are clueless as to what's going on. Since Groundspeak has persoanlly contacted other coin sellers on the worst list, it only makes sense that this particular vendor be contacted as well.

~~~~DITTO~~~~

Ok, so my point is that it looks like the sale of the coins is through paypal. Why not go through paypal to get your money back instead of bringing up complaints here :laughing: ? You can get your money back within two weeks if you used paypal :anibad::anibad: . Groundspeak can only remove the sellers from listing here and not get your money back.

This has only become a bashing of someones work without fully understanding whats going on. We all got it that you paid some time ago and never recieved the coin. Go through other channels to get your money now :grin: .

Short answer - Paypal only allows 45 days for a refund.

Sure we can go through lawyers and courts, but we won't.

We'll have our 'Fingers Crossed' that something will come out of this and it won't be a total loss, but we no longer have much hope.

What happened with them? I ordered the 2 Pirate coins and some other caching items from them on Aug 23, the last email I received from them was Sept 23 saying that they would ship my "other items" that week, never heard from them again, they won't return emails, now the coin is not even listed on their site any more, I guess they took the money and ran.

I just visited the website and there are NO geocoins listed for sale, listed as being at the mint, listed as design-in-progress - nothing. Only the coins that this vendors has up as ebay auctions are listed on the website.

Would the lack of "original" geocoins for sale be enough to remove "aetoys" as an approved vendor? Otherwise, anyone who sells coins on ebay could be listed as a Groundspeak-approved coin vendor.

I sent them 2 emails last night. The first one was requesting a refund. The second email was giving them some info about what the USPS considers as "mail fraud" and the rules of the Federal Trade Commission concerning the sale of merchandise and their rules on how the delivery, delays, and refunds are to be handled. ALL of these rules are being broken. If they don't step up, I think everyone should file complaints with both the FTC and USPS for nondelivery of merchandise. If they get enough complaints it may get some results.

It is all a shame because I wanted these coins.

Edited by kehunt64

I sent them 2 emails last night. The first one was requesting a refund. The second email was giving them some info about what the USPS considers as "mail fraud" and the rules of the Federal Trade Commission concerning the sale of merchandise and their rules on how the delivery, delays, and refunds are to be handled. ALL of these rules are being broken. If they don't step up, I think everyone should file complaints with both the FTC and USPS for nondelivery of merchandise. If they get enough complaints it may get some results.

Good for you Karen!

I would do the same. I also listed another option in a previous post about paypal. They will investigate them if they have enough complaints. You can get a customer rep on the phone and talk about your options with them.

At this point do you really think we are getting the coins? It's not looking good! :D

If they don't step up? What other sign do you need? AEToys has now changed their website to reflect ebay sales and I see no information regarding any orders. At what point do you say enough and start taking drastic actions? I don't believe they aren't aware of the issues on the forums. What are Groundspeak's powers? Take away their selling powers? This people took your money and you have no product, time for action instead of waiting for them to step up.

Look, I'm not usually one to air out things like this on the forum, I have to say I'm not finding any comfort it what has been going on. Sure looks like something needs to happen. The last I heard from them was on Oct. 9th when they agreed to cancel my order and refund the payment. As of today nothing has happen and subsequent e-mails have gone unanswered.

I did complain through paypal but was told too much time has elapsed for me to open a case.

You can file a complaint at any time. They will only take action within the 45 days but wil "investigate" if there is a repeat offender and has enough black flags against them.

So this is what I did, I filed a claim or report then found the # to contact paypal directly. Get them on the phone and explain that this is a serious problem and that you are not the only one out there they have done this to. Ask them what else you can do.

I just noticed that they no longer sell GPSr's @ their Web Store! Not a good sign. They also have the 2008 Dragonfly coin listed in the "Retired" category. :laughing:

Kinda Sad, to abuse this community's trust, but I guess I've learned something! (30 days and a Claim gets opened, I don't care WHAT I'm promised)

I guess I've learned something! (30 days and a Claim gets opened, I don't care WHAT I'm promised)

I did this for a coin presold in 2006 and took a lot of grief for doing so. In the end, I was one of the few who got my money returned. I've been more patient since then and in all cases except for these dragonfly coins, I did eventually receive the coins I ordered.

This really hasn't been an issue until this year. I really think any prepaid presale should not be allowed if the items cannot be delivered within a 30 day window.

Complaint filed with BBB. Thanks for the link.

Another one filed also - logged under 'Delivery Issues' - 'No items received'.

thanks.

Another one filed under "Delivery Issues" - "No Items Received"

I also included in my description that I am not the only one having these issues with AEToys. I explained that 100's of coins were sold, their price and my estimation of how much money they collected in total.

we could a post a note on one of their cache page listings, "I paid you three months ago, where's my stuff?" that should get their attention

Actually, it's been since the end of MAY. . .

so did anyone do this? great idea, imo.

rsg

I realize that the perons running the company has done a very bad thing but I also think GS will ot look kindly on this action. The BBB and paypal is a better idea, IMHO.