2008 Dragonfly

nashuan

The 2008 Dragonfly coins available for preorder. Anyone who wants to check them out, here's the link:

http://www.aetoys.com/index.asp?PageAction...amp;Category=64

The coin shows a dragonfly as if it were flying over a pond. It looks as if these are going to be BEAUTIFUL, with translucents and a lot of detail. The 2007 version is one of my all-time favorites and I'm glad they took the time and effort to redesign a coin that would be just as stunning as the first.

These look lovely. So much so for blowing the geocoin budget - couldn't resist though, it's such a lovely looking design....I especially like the fish in the water. I think it's a really nice touch having the little holes at the top too, so you can hang them up to let the sunlight through. Just wish that I could have went for the whole set, but have to try to be frugal.........lol :anibad:

Really fair overseas postage charges too.

Edited by Geo-Gophers

From their website:

Dragonfly 2008

Pre Order coin expected June 9th

Its finally ready we have been working on these coin for six months.

We wanted it to live up to our Dragonfly 2007.

The wings will be colored resin letting the sun show through

The Lily pad and flower will be painted

The Water will be translucent showing the fish under the water.

There is a total of five wing options Blue, Green, Yellow and Orange. Then the four color wing LE

Size 2"

Antique Silver

Trackable on geocaching.com tracking is on the edge of the coin.

Custom Icon: Coming soon

This coin is Our Dragonfly 2008. You are looking down on the Dragonfly as it flies over a pond. We had so many people tell us they wish our Resin Dragonfly last year had a hole so they could hang them up in the window, so this year we have added two holes in the knot allowing you to string it up. We have also moved the tracking information to the edge as not to have to much on the face of the coin.

LE-Dragonfly.gif

Enjoy.

Edited by nashuan

I ordered 2 sets when they listed the last of the Dragonfly coins last month. After reading all of the issues in the forums about people being ripped off by other sellers I sent an email a couple of days ago asking for an update, I have not gotten a response. My time is ticking on Paypal's 45 day policy so I hope to hear something on these soon. ;)

I just sent an email to Aetoys, asking them if they could post an update on these coins. I have placed orders through them before and have always received exellent service, with quick responses to any questions I might have and prompt delivery. I placed an order for a few sets of these in May and have been anxiously awaiting delivery as have many of you. I have received newsletters from them, apologizing for the delays and saying that they should be in soon, but beyond that I have no information.

I ordered 2 sets when they listed the last of the Dragonfly coins last month. After reading all of the issues in the forums about people being ripped off by other sellers I sent an email a couple of days ago asking for an update, I have not gotten a response. My time is ticking on Paypal's 45 day policy so I hope to hear something on these soon. :rolleyes:

I would like to post that I did get an email back from AEToys yesterday. It said that the coins are held up because there is a back up in the engraving department, but the coins should be ready anytime now. They kindly offered to cancel my order and refund my money. I have some time left before my 45 day limit with Paypal, so I have decided to give it some more time. I have heard from another cacher that even though he has received some late coins from this vendor, that in the end, he has gotten his merchandise so I have my fingers crossed :laughing: .

~Karen

I completely missed this sale, must have been near to when Jillian was born. Would love to trade for one since I clicked on the site and they are sold out. :laughing:

I would be happy to trade with you if they ever come!!

Silly me, I ordered a couple of other coins(in-stock) with this order. The dragonflys are holding up everything. I often dodge the subject when my son wants to know when his new coin is coming. I feel bad for him. At this point I am better off letting him pick out a new coin. :rolleyes:

I did e-mail them in August to ship the "other"coins but the coins never came.

I guess I have to drown my sorrows at coinfest. That will cheer me up!

I ordered 2 sets when they listed the last of the Dragonfly coins last month. After reading all of the issues in the forums about people being ripped off by other sellers I sent an email a couple of days ago asking for an update, I have not gotten a response. My time is ticking on Paypal's 45 day policy so I hope to hear something on these soon. :)

I would like to post that I did get an email back from AEToys yesterday. It said that the coins are held up because there is a back up in the engraving department, but the coins should be ready anytime now. They kindly offered to cancel my order and refund my money. I have some time left before my 45 day limit with Paypal, so I have decided to give it some more time. I have heard from another cacher that even though he has received some late coins from this vendor, that in the end, he has gotten his merchandise so I have my fingers crossed :D .

~Karen

It's been over two weeks since Karen posted that she heard from AEToys. I tried to contact them today about the Dragonfly Coin, and their "Contact" link said "We will be updating our contact page over the next month or two" so I was not able to send a message to them.

Does anyone know when the Dragonfly coins will ship?

I ordered 2 sets when they listed the last of the Dragonfly coins last month. After reading all of the issues in the forums about people being ripped off by other sellers I sent an email a couple of days ago asking for an update, I have not gotten a response. My time is ticking on Paypal's 45 day policy so I hope to hear something on these soon. :)

I would like to post that I did get an email back from AEToys yesterday. It said that the coins are held up because there is a back up in the engraving department, but the coins should be ready anytime now. They kindly offered to cancel my order and refund my money. I have some time left before my 45 day limit with Paypal, so I have decided to give it some more time. I have heard from another cacher that even though he has received some late coins from this vendor, that in the end, he has gotten his merchandise so I have my fingers crossed :D .

~Karen

It's been over two weeks since Karen posted that she heard from AEToys. I tried to contact them today about the Dragonfly Coin, and their "Contact" link said "We will be updating our contact page over the next month or two" so I was not able to send a message to them.

Does anyone know when the Dragonfly coins will ship?

I received a newsletter on Sept. 23 and here is a snippet from it:

The Dragonfly 2008 We have no new word yet. Will post at our site as soon as I do.

Everyone that has orders for the Pirate treasure and Dragonfly 2008 that have been delayed will receive our our Bison Coin FREE. This coin is at mint and we expect it after the Dragonfly 2008 The art will be up on our site soon.

Due to the delays this summer we are no longer going to offer a pre order on any of our future coins. We have eight coins at two mints now, Sorry for these delays anyone wishing to cancel there delayed order just send us an email.

~Karen

Edited by kehunt64

I completely missed this sale, must have been near to when Jillian was born. Would love to trade for one since I clicked on the site and they are sold out. :D

Silly me, I ordered a couple of other coins(in-stock) with this order. The dragonflys are holding up everything. I often dodge the subject when my son wants to know when his new coin is coming. I feel bad for him. At this point I am better off letting him pick out a new coin. <_<

Sweet! Thanks!

I completely missed this sale, must have been near to when Jillian was born. Would love to trade for one since I clicked on the site and they are sold out. :D

Silly me, I ordered a couple of other coins(in-stock) with this order. The dragonflys are holding up everything. I often dodge the subject when my son wants to know when his new coin is coming. I feel bad for him. At this point I am better off letting him pick out a new coin. <_<

Sweet! Thanks!

I've had two dragonfly coins ordered (since the end of May) and have sent emails for the last few weeks saying that I wanted to cancel (just as they said that you could do if you wanted to in their last email/newsletter) but they've been completely ignored. I've totally given up on these.......or even any hope of a refund now. :(

Even though it is past the time frame that paypal requires you can still file a complaint. If there are enough black marks against AEToys, it will be enough for paypal to conduct a investigation.

I would try to speak to paypal directly with your concerns....Make it aware that you are not the only one that has done (filed complaint) this!!!! :(

I guess they figure that if no one asks-no one cares. I agree with AG there is NO WAY this is a mint issue. Their Pirate coins are just as "Overdue"!! Back on Sept. 23rd they said

"I have been told the Pirate Treasure coins are in the final stage of getting tracking numbers added. Expected any time now."

I requested, and received a refund on the Caching Time coins, and am about to do the same with these 2 coins!! :(

It would be nice if the relatives of AEToys would give AEToys a message that people are not happy they are not receiving their coins and perhaps they should respond to this thread.

It seems it is becoming a little TOO COMMON that people are taking money and not delivering the coins. Anywhere else the actions of any seller that takes money and doesn't deliver is CRIMINAL but we seem to look in the other direction when it is a geocacher. Doesn't experience tell us that the lack of updates and responses usually means things aren't on the up and up???

AEToys has time to geocache but not address their customers. Another mom and pop store gone sore.

This is ridiculous. There is no way this is a minting issue.

Then file a claim and get your money back. I can't understand why people keep moaning month after month about not getting their coins... demanding refunds will make a vendor take notice. At some point you have to come to the realization you aint getting the coin and cut your losses.

Then file a claim and get your money back. I can't understand why people keep moaning month after month about not getting their coins... demanding refunds will make a vendor take notice. At some point you have to come to the realization you aint getting the coin and cut your losses.

My last three emails to them, over the past few weeks have all been me asking for a refund. They did say in their last newsletter that if people wanted to cancel they could, but they've completely ignored all my refund requests.

I did try to file a complaint through Paypal first, but as expected it was rejected because of it being too late (with it being outside their 45 day time limit). I know that I should have initiated the complaint with Paypal within their time frame, but I thought I would give AE Toys the benefit of the doubt, because nothing like this has ever happened to me when I've ordered geocoins before. More the fool me lol! :ph34r:

My last three emails to them, over the past few weeks have all been me asking for a refund. They did say in their last newsletter that if people wanted to cancel they could, but they've completely ignored all my refund requests.

I did try to file a complaint through Paypal first, but as expected it was rejected because of it being too late (with it being outside their 45 day time limit). I know that I should have initiated the complaint with Paypal within their time frame, but I thought I would give AE Toys the benefit of the doubt, because nothing like this has ever happened to me when I've ordered geocoins before. More the fool me lol! :ph34r:

Did you put the paypal on a credit card? If so, you may be able to go back to the credit card company and see if you can get a refund that way. Just a thought.

Today they have a new update on their site:

"Oct 23rd update

I have been told the Pirate Treasure coins will ship this week.

The Dragonfly 2008 should follow shortly as we have placed a hold on future coins with this mint until the Pirate and Dragonfly 2008 coins have shipped.

We will be sending an email out to all outstanding orders with updates over the next week. "

Oh, and if anybody has an extra, I'd love to trade for it!

Edited by MustangJoni

I did try to file a complaint through Paypal first, but as expected it was rejected because of it being too late (with it being outside their 45 day time limit). I know that I should have initiated the complaint with Paypal within their time frame, but I thought I would give AE Toys the benefit of the doubt, because nothing like this has ever happened to me when I've ordered geocoins before. More the fool me lol! :grin:

Did you put the paypal on a credit card? If so, you may be able to go back to the credit card company and see if you can get a refund that way. Just a thought.

That's a thought........can't remember offhand but will check and see.

"Oct 23rd update

The Dragonfly 2008 should follow shortly as we have placed a hold on future coins with this mint until the Pirate and Dragonfly 2008 coins have shipped.

We will be sending an email out to all outstanding orders with updates over the next week. "

Yeah right :unsure::D:P

"Oct 23rd update

Yeah right :unsure::D:P

I'm so gullible!

Even though it is past the time frame that paypal requires you can still file a complaint. If there are enough black marks against AEToys, it will be enough for paypal to conduct a investigation.

I would try to speak to paypal directly with your concerns....Make it aware that you are not the only one that has done (filed complaint) this!!!! :unsure:

This coin sale goes down in history as being one of the top 3 worst ever.

The problem is, it's not getting better. Absolutely not a peep of an udpate, and I KNOW they have a clue. People that are near and dear to them read this thread every day . . .

So how would we rank them?

1. Wyoming 2006

2. Titanic/ Lady Luck remint

3. Dragonfly 2008

?????

This coin sale goes down in history as being one of the top 3 worst ever.

The problem is, it's not getting better. Absolutely not a peep of an udpate, and I KNOW they have a clue. People that are near and dear to them read this thread every day . . .

So how would we rank them?

1. Wyoming 2006

2. Titanic/ Lady Luck remint

3. Dragonfly 2008

?????

The wyoming was pretty bad, but I actually move that to 2nd on the list since I did eventually get my coin order. The last several orders from geocoin design would be #3 since I was only effected by the cats and those did arrive faster than these Dragonflys. My payment for the Dragonfly is outstanding since MAY 27th. That's really pathetic. I think it's time for Groundspeak to make a call to these people.