zines as swag

like the title says. are there any other cachers that are into zines.

(info taken from wiki)

A zine (an abbreviation of the word fanzine, or magazine; pronounced [ziːn], "zeen") is most commonly a small circulation, non-commercial publication of original or appropriated texts and images. More broadly, the term encompasses any self-published work of minority interest usually reproduced via photocopier on a variety of colored paper stock.

i want to make a zine cache. so that other zine readers and printers can dip in and enjoy the swag.

i have two different area within the uk to consider doing this. near london, england, or where i live in the highlands of scotland.

is it worth doing?

It's certainly worth trying.

I'd recommend larger very watertight containers and asking folks to put the zines in individual platic bags to keep them from getting soggy and turning to mush or being ripped.

Locally we have some book swap caches that are well received. They tend to be in ammo cans in large city parks and they do employ the "please bag your book" request.

Some of them ask folks to let the owner know what they have placed in the cache, so they can update the content list.

All of them ask people not to put other types of swag into the cache (to avoid damage to the books).

Edited by Neos2

it doesnt seem like it will work. i live out in the sticks and i think it would be a rare thing if a zine reader actually visited the cache with the intent to trade, more than likely most cachers will visit because its a cache, but wont have suitable items to leave.

thanks for your answers. i may consider a bookcrossing cache though.