Just a question about YOUR Swag

Just curious, but what do my fellow cachers do with the swag they take out of caches?

Personally, I collect all the swag I trade for and keep it in a dresser drawer ( 200 found and im already almost full! ) but my geocaching partner in crime Slightlysavvy tends to just start the day with one or two items and trade over and over.

Enlighten me!

Just curious, but what do my fellow cachers do with the swag they take out of caches?

I"m not a collector of junk, but if something useful strikes my fancy I'll trade for it. I'll almost always go through the swag to see what's there, though. Otherwise, I don't trade at all.

The wife, she likes the plastic frogs. Has never found two the same. Before we got rid of the van she had them arranged on this shelf in the gauge area. (Toyota Previa van.) Don't know what happened to all of her frogs, now. Maybe they're in a box somewhere.

We used to move trackables around a lot, but not so much anymore. Never did get into the whole coin or siggy collecting thing.

We usually just make what we call a "Prisoner Exchange" We carry little plastic army guys with us, and when we find a small figure, especially army guys! we make a trade. Our favorite is a small GI Joe that we found... He lives on the dashboard and we call him "GeoJoe." We tend not to make alot of other trades. :anibad:

I leave my personal pathtag (when I have em). I try to take stuff out of caches that interest me (being a big kid helps). I will keep some of it. Other times I have it for a short period then pass it onto the next cache. I have been collecting the little Bean people for me and mardi gras beads for the wife.

This is a tough question for me because I cache with an 8 year old boy. He wants the Hotwheel cars and the plastic toys. I believe I have to trade like for like so I have a supply of new Hotwheels and plastic puzzles to trade into the caches.

We seem to collect a lot of swag, it gats used and when it breaks it gets thrown away.

I don't take anything grown up out of the cache unless I have something grown up to trade. Individual bug spray packets, sample size Purell and pins are what I might put in but again I trade like for like. A pin for a pin. I also have a tendency to put more in than I take. Some of the caches look a bit depleted by the time I get to them and so I might put three things in but only take one.

I mostly keep the swag I find, I've found a few cool things I love (rubber ducky, pins for my collection, a camo'd plastic bear, a desert marines hat, etc). A time or two I've taken something to look over then replaced in another cache weeks later and farther away. I keep a wide assortment of swag with me to trade, toys for the kids, adult socks, bracelets, pins, etc.

Saz and I purchased a ton of swag items. From the useful to the tiny. We actually have filled up two fairly large bags with items like emergency blankets, blow up pillows, insect repellent wipes, ponchos, Splinter removal kits, etc. We also purchased Fun toys like squirtguns, figurines, keychains, etc. For the smaller caches we purchased tiny toys, dollar coins, pretty gemstone rocks, dimes, etc.

We decided after the first one that we would always try to trade up.

So... we keep the swag that we find. For example I traded a light up keychain for a rubber neon worm.

I have a little area at home that I keep all the stuff. And you know what... I love that worm because it means I got off my rear end and went out to play!! :anibad:

I mostly keep the swag I find, I've found a few cool things I love (rubber ducky, pins for my collection, a camo'd plastic bear, a desert marines hat, etc). A time or two I've taken something to look over then replaced in another cache weeks later and farther away. I keep a wide assortment of swag with me to trade, toys for the kids, adult socks, bracelets, pins, etc.

I totally forgot, but I am a sucker when it comes to buttons. I've took several pins and little buttons out of caches. One of my prized posessions is a giant ( probly 6 inch circumfrence ) bartman from the simpsons button.

So far, with the few I have found, I've just kept everything I traded for. I kind of enjoy going back and looking through stuff like that, remembering where I got it and such. So far I've thrown all my collected swag into a Pokemon tin I have lol. I may not keep all of it forever. But I did find an very adorable tiny stuffed dog in a cache that is so cute I think he'll be my caching mascot, lol. He's sitting out on display being cute. :anibad:

I don't usually take anything except TBs if I'm headed somewhere they might like to go. (I have enough random bits of stuff around the house already)

I prefer to leave interesting doo-dads that I don't normally see. It's nice to toss in a handfull of fun stuff to spiffy up the contents of a cache that has nothing but broken crayons and chewed-on golfballs.

This is a tough question for me because I cache with an 8 year old boy. He wants the Hotwheel cars and the plastic toys. I believe I have to trade like for like so I have a supply of new Hotwheels and plastic puzzles to trade into the caches.

We seem to collect a lot of swag, it gats used and when it breaks it gets thrown away.

I don't take anything grown up out of the cache unless I have something grown up to trade. Individual bug spray packets, sample size Purell and pins are what I might put in but again I trade like for like. A pin for a pin. I also have a tendency to put more in than I take. Some of the caches look a bit depleted by the time I get to them and so I might put three things in but only take one.

I too cache with an 8 year old boy... lol

I have a bag full of goodies that I take with me. Sometimes the goodies from the cache end up in there, but usually not.

I too cache with an 8 year old boy... lol

I have a bag full of goodies that I take with me. Sometimes the goodies from the cache end up in there, but usually not.

My 9 year old son is always with me while caching. He is in total agreement with out cache objective. My 6 year old daughter on the other hand has other more personal ideas. :laughing:

We like to swap swag if there is something we like, sometimes a rock or a toy or something useful, but mainly signature items. I have started lately looking for things that might make a fun travel bug and trading for those. But now I have a drawer full of stuff (keychains, toys, figurines) that are all waiting for a TB tag to go traveling, lol.

When we found our first cache, my kids were thrilled. My little ones saw all the 'cool' stuff that was available and they started pointing out what they wanted. I told them that in order for them to take something they must leave something. Common courtesy I was not going to allow my kids to take 2 swags and leave only one. So when we got home, my 8yr old son grabs a zip lock bag and starts rummaging thru his toy box, soon there after his 5yr old sister sees the comotion and grabs a zip lock bag too. I also have 2 teen girls (15&17 from my husbands first marriage) and they too have their own bag of swags. Now, when I say that we are going cache hunting, each grabs their own bag "just in case" they see something they would like to trade.

I make sure that what they have to trade, is something worth trading. We keep in mind the little cachers, as well as the grown cachers.