Garmin etrex Legend HCx

My son and I are just getting into geocaching. I have been looking for a GPS unit to be able to use, granted we have found our first 2 without one. At first I was looking at a Magellan Explorist 500 LE. After doing some research I didn't find many good reviews. There was definately more bad than good. Now I am looking at a Garmin etrex Legend HCx for $230. I am finding a few reviews, but not many. So far, there are more good than bad. I am looking for input on this device. I have never used any GPS before except for the one that came with my Streets and Trips program for my laptop. If there are any other good options I am listening. My price range is probably around $200-$300. I know I don't want the cheapest, but also not ready for the most expensive. Just a midrange price. I am hoping to find something in the next couple of weeks that I can tell my husband to get me for my birthday in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for any help.

I love my Legend HCx - one of my favorite units for sure. Small, rugged, reliable, long battery life, expanable memory, autoroute mapping, USB connections, high sensitivity and a dedicated Geocaching mode. All very nice. You will like it. Can be had for around $190. Add the City nav maps for about $100 more.

I wanted to thank everyone who responded. My husband told me to go buy what I wanted for my birthday. I ended up going with the Legend HCx. So far I am really liking it. We haven't had any problems and are still trying to learn all the little things about it. I didn't buy any maps for it yet, but I am going to be looking into that. I am not sure what I need or want for it. Just out of the box, it seems to work pretty well, but I am sure it can do better with maps. It has already helped us find a few caches.

Thanks again!! :unsure: