Geowoodstock Geoguitar Coin Error

Cal78

When I Was at Geowoodstock 6, I happened to pick up one of the soon to be famous Landsharkz Psychadelic Geoguitar Error geocoin, It has GW IV on it instead of GW VI, there was Supposedly only 50 sold before the error was discovered. So who else Got one?

Yep, all 3 versions had the printing error and we've made a note on our site for anyone who would like to send us their error coin(s) and get a full refund plus their shipping covered. So far nobody has taken us up on this offer but it's out there for anyone who would like to return their error coin(s).

We minted 300 and sold about 120 in all 3 versions before we noticed the error. For those of you who are wondering what on earth happened here's the silly story:

Chris initially designed the printing file as GWIV ( :laughing: ) but by the time it came to approve the die art and make the samples we (I :D ) had caught the error and so the samples are perfect. Those are the images we used to create our product banner which certainly had some folks scratching their heads! The mint asked about the printing on the final coins and we said to use the same printing file as on the samples. The rest of the story is in your hands B) .

We got the boxes of coins sent directly from the mint to Roseville so we didn't see them until very late the night before, when we put them in the display. At that time of night we didn't really 'look' at them that closely. They were packaged so that the printing was facing in toward the card so nobody really saw the error until they took them out of the package. We pulled them from our vendor table around 10:30am when a customer pointed it out to us. I swear Castleman had to peel our jaws off the grass as we stood there agape looking at each other. Because of the uniqueness, we sold them by request only for the rest of the event to folks that knew the 'rest of the story'. One fellow wanted one because he went to GWIV in Texas!

We are going to send the rest of the tracking numbers to the mint and get more minted with the GWVI print file for folks who want correct versions.

If anyone returns their GWIV coin(s) to us I'll be sure to let you know because we're not putting any more out there on our site - well we did offer to donate a set of 3 to next year's GWVII for the auction block :D .

Edited by Landsharkz

We are going to send the rest of the tracking numbers to the mint and get more minted with the GWVI print file for folks who want correct versions.

We have listed the correctly printed GWVI psychedelic guitars for sale and folks who contacted us directly and also folks who are on our newsletter list have had first crack for a couple of days. The minting quantities were 40 - 40 - 90 and I think they're about half gone.

LS200831_funkyGWVI_full.jpg

This is just one of the 3 colour combinations available. The others are blue-green (90) and purple-orange (40) combinations.

GWVI Psychedelic GeoGuitar