signature item to put into caches

Krux151

me and my team were looking for a kind of signature to put into caches. we were wondering what exactly we could put in. we were thinking of a little vile of something. are there any kind of specifications when considering things to put into caches and what are some ideas of things to put into caches thank you

Well, a there are some general rules that you should adhere to when placing something in a cache:

Put nothing illegal in a cache

No liquids

No food (might attract wild animals)

Nothing that can spoil

I would also stay away from fireworks, and drugs(as in medical supplies) are also bad. Other than that, the only limits are your imagination and the size of the cache.

Put something that is worthy of being a trade item. There is nothing worse than finding a cache and seeing that 100 other people have put their "signature items" in the cache. Whenever I do maintenance on my caches, I pull out all of the signature items and discard them.

Edited by powercatjeffy

Put something that is worthy of being a trade item. There is nothing worse than finding a cache and seeing that 100 other people have put their "signature items" in the cache. Whenever I do maintenance on my caches, I pull out all of the signature items and discard them.

Well now, aren't we a snuffy one. A lot of sig items are pretty neat and there cachers that collect sig items. You can collect and discard the business card sig items but would you leave the wooden nickels, pins, coins and other neat sig items? I might want to pick one up.

Jim

Well now, aren't we a snuffy one. A lot of sig items are pretty neat and there cachers that collect sig items. You can collect and discard the business card sig items but would you leave the wooden nickels, pins, coins and other neat sig items? I might want to pick one up.

Jim

You pretty much explained what I just said.... business cards, paper clips, other pointless items are trash and they just clutter it up. Pins and wooden nickels are worthy trade items, so I would consider those acceptable.

So does that make us both snuffy when we agree?

Jim

You pretty much explained what I just said.... business cards, paper clips, other pointless items are trash and they just clutter it up. Pins and wooden nickels are worthy trade items, so I would consider those acceptable.

So does that make us both snuffy when we agree?

Ah, okay we agree, guess we are both snuffy :anibad: . When you said ALL sig items that covers lots of ground, so I had to comment. Thanks for the clarifacation.

Jim

I love collecting signature items. I am getting ready to order some buttons made for me, which I'll be leaving behind. I also have some wood softball hats that I sign on the back and leave. They are kind of cool little personal items.

As someone who doesn't trade a ton, I love signature items. I have a little bag I keep them all in and eventually will do something to keep them all together somewhere. Signature items are really quite cool, I think. Shows the personal side of the cacher.