GeoWoodstock VII Announced

daggy

Pack your bags. GeoWoodstock in closer to home next year. Jogps announced next year's venue at GW VI this weekend. It will be held in Bell Buckle, Tennessee. Bell Buckle is just south of Nashville.

If you've never been or heard of GeoWoodstock. It is the place to be on Memorial Day weekend. You can meet many of the icons of geocaching, get face to face with some of those people you've talked with on the forums, trade geocoins/pathtags and visit vendor shops where you can buy most anything about geocaching.

GWVI was held in Sacramento, Califormia this weekend. With 3,000+ in attendance, it was the biggest GeoWoodstock yet. I can assure you it was fantastic!

GeoWoodstock VII - GC1CG5G

Edited by daggy

I getta go, I getta go yay for me and yay for GW VII

This year I wanted to go--I haven't been west for 25 years and I love that coast....but my youngest son graduated from high school (with Honors) on Saturday and I just had to be there, now didn't I? Plus I had all that "teacher stuff" to do for the end of the school year. I couldn't just abandon all my children to the mercy of some sub for their finals and to do grades.

(Yay for all the kids in the Neos household being HS graduates --and for no more high school plays and chorus events after a long days work --as much as I enjoyed that stuff, I am getting too old to stay out that late!)

But next year, well. I can do TN and make it back in time for work even if I cache my way home. (Well, unless I get too caught up in caching through Nashville).

Yippee! We just made our hotel reservations. Our first GeoWoodstock.

Y'all be nice to me. It will be the long weekend during the last weekend of the school year. I will be walking around in shock.

If I am carrying around a briefcase full of papers, you probably want to stay away from me--that would be papers that need to be graded and I will be trying to find volunteer graders.

Y'all be nice to me. It will be the long weekend during the last weekend of the school year. I will be walking around in shock.

If I am carrying around a briefcase full of papers, you probably want to stay away from me--that would be papers that need to be graded and I will be trying to find volunteer graders.

Why don't you just set up an event, I'm sure your papers will be graded properly. :):santa:

Why don't you just set up an event, I'm sure your papers will be graded properly. :rolleyes:;)

Oh, yeah, I'm sure the would. :)

I tried that at Windy Rock.

One person said they would just pass everyone who wrote their name on the paper and someone else suggested the "two drink method" ---put them on the table, kick back and enjoy two soft drinks as the wind graded the papers. The papers that stayed near the table get A's (as they obviously were weighted down with knowledge) and the father away I had to chase the other papers, the lower the grade went.

I think I had a college professor that used that second method, although I believe he recommended stout or a decent ale instead of a soft drink.