Did anyone go caching today in the soggy half of the UK?

I was invited out and found ten in/around Rickmansworth. Most were off a cyclepath which kept us fairly dry, even though it never stopped raining, but a long walk through wet grass for number 10 left me with damp boots and feet. A pizza on the way home made me forget all about that though :ph34r:

today i had been planning to be a caching day for me, i was looking forward to it for days. today i woke up to a glorious sunny day and a stinker of a cold :ph34r: so i ended up staying in all day feeling unwell.

i have 3 caches ive failed to find and i want to get out there and find them.

Edited by paganfrog

Did 5 caches around Malvern which I failed to attempt at the big event there last weekend. Last weekend was warm and sunny, today was cold and pouring with rain. I got absolutely soaked, still it beats sitting in front of a warm dry computer reviewing caches :ph34r:

For a typical account see this log.

We had planned to go exactly there today too...glad we stayed in front of the warm dry computer instead! :)

I got bored with sitting round listening to the rain lashing at the windows and there was this looming milestone bugging me so I went out for a paddle with SP near Rickmansworth. It was not as wet as yesterday when I got drenched in Milton Keynes.

PopUpPirate and I spent our BH weekend in South Derbyshire. Saturday was fine weather, Sunday we got soaked doing a towpath trail of caches but still had great fun, and we managed to stay dry whilst out caching today although it was very blustery. In fact, the tent took a battering every night! Thoughts of Shrops 2006 came to mind. There were a couple of tents on the site which ended up in the skip :ph34r: but our tent managed to stay firm and proud :) Liane

Edited by The Cache Hoppers

Well, there's a lovely looking new series of 6 caches in Harlow for me to go out and get... and what did I do yesterday? Worked! *sigh* My job doesn't "do" bank holidays! Sigh! I'm hoping to go out this weekend... After having been ill with one thing or another for AGES, I need to find some more caches!!

Caching here in London on this Bank Holiday was a total washout, :anibad: (only to be expected) so, I stayed at home polishing my GPS instead and prepared a new cache for release :D

I had a marvellous lunch in Brighton marina instead,since I was in the area.

Maybe that new cache near Regents park will still be up for a FTF today! :D

I thought I saw your sig in a few Lewes caches :D - it was fine enough down here in the afternoon at least.

That be true,but not enough sigs for my liking.And I missed out on those new Bonfire FTF's too. :anibad:

I think Lewes has it's own weather pattern as it seems to be sunny more often than not. :D

A great town to relax,cache and enjoy a pint of Harvey's best too.

I thought I saw your sig in a few Lewes caches :D - it was fine enough down here in the afternoon at least.

That be true,but not enough sigs for my liking.And I missed out on those new Bonfire FTF's too. :D

I think Lewes has it's own weather pattern as it seems to be sunny more often than not. B)

A great town to relax,cache and enjoy a pint of Harvey's best too.

Yes, sorry about those FTFs :anibad:

Have you witnessed the Dwyle Flunking yet? :D

Last Sunday afternoon in Harvey's brewery yard - free beer (for musicians :D ), hot sun and idiots playing silly buggers B)

I went down to Cornwall for the Bude Folk Festival and only managed to do a couple of quick nearby caches when I could slip away for a few minutes. However, there was a YOSM trig point just a short drive away and another cache close to it on the coast at Steeple Point. I decided to hit those on the way home yesterday morning. The cache first... a steep, rocky climb made all the more treacherous by the driving rain and high winds. I reached GZ without mishap and searched the numerous nooks and crannies in the wet, slippery and extremely unstable rocks that characterise this location. Nothing.... not a sign of a cache. I looked at the hint.... "Among the rocks" :D . The cache setter obviously thought it was funny. Oh how I laughed :D . Another 10 minutes searching in the appalling conditions produced nothing and I gave up. I got back down to the motor and headed off for the trig point. Spotted it about 50 yards up a farm track right opposite the GCHQ radio station. Nobody about in that weather (still chucking it down) so I drove up the track and stopped. I just managed to take a couple of pikkies when a Land Rover pulled up and disgorged a none too happy farmer. I managed to convince him I wasn't fly-tipping or vandalising the T/P and we parted on reasonably amicable terms. The traffic back to Bedfordshire was horrendous and a journey that usually only takes me 4.1/2 hours took nearly 6. Then this morning I fell off me bike and broke a collar bone. It's going to be one of THOSE months :anibad::D:D

If the log entry is to be believed, Satellite Kid nearly got squashed by a falling tree not to mention a near miss with his car while at one of my caches yesterday (GC1CCGK) here in South Wales...

The log entry made entertaining reading at any rate!

It wasn't so much soggy here (which it was too) as gale force winds - all the wind farms had stopped generating which tells you how windy it was! There was foliage all over the road outside my house.

As to caching - I did 4 local ones but none were affected by the weather.

Caching here in London on this Bank Holiday was a total washout, :D (only to be expected) so, I stayed at home polishing my GPS instead and prepared a new cache for release :anibad:

...too busy mopping up :D ...maybe tomorrow, get your skates on :D

I went down to Cornwall for the Bude Folk Festival and only managed to do a couple of quick nearby caches when I could slip away for a few minutes. However, there was a YOSM trig point just a short drive away and another cache close to it on the coast at Steeple Point. I decided to hit those on the way home yesterday morning. The cache first... a steep, rocky climb made all the more treacherous by the driving rain and high winds. I reached GZ without mishap and searched the numerous nooks and crannies in the wet, slippery and extremely unstable rocks that characterise this location. Nothing.... not a sign of a cache. I looked at the hint.... "Among the rocks" B) . The cache setter obviously thought it was funny. Oh how I laughed :anibad: . Another 10 minutes searching in the appalling conditions produced nothing and I gave up. I got back down to the motor and headed off for the trig point. Spotted it about 50 yards up a farm track right opposite the GCHQ radio station. Nobody about in that weather (still chucking it down) so I drove up the track and stopped. I just managed to take a couple of pikkies when a Land Rover pulled up and disgorged a none too happy farmer. I managed to convince him I wasn't fly-tipping or vandalising the T/P and we parted on reasonably amicable terms. The traffic back to Bedfordshire was horrendous and a journey that usually only takes me 4.1/2 hours took nearly 6. Then this morning I fell off me bike and broke a collar bone. It's going to be one of THOSE months :D:D:D

Thats an eventful weekend I'd rather not experience.I hope you heal quickly Pharisee and your broken bone doesn't stop you indulging.At least you only need one arm to lift a pint of ale. :D

Wasn't geocaching during the BH Monday day, but idly surfing the site that evening I found a potential first to find multicache opportunity (Thorpe Meadow: GC1CC47) about a mile from my house.

Half past 9 at night I cycled to the requisite spot and started hunting. By 11 the heavens had opened, the torch batteries were failing, there were nettles and barb wire and I had still not found the first stage of the three stage cache.

I went home very wet, and woking wonder claimed the FTF the next morning (they were lovely and invited me to join them, but my work isn't that flexible).

Still enjoyed it though!!