Mystery Geocoins

steel city babes

Names of Mystery Coins: Imagine Peace, Easter Geocoin Bunny Egg(Charlie Brown), Easter Geocoin Bunny Egg(Woodstock),Close Encointers of the 3rd kind,A Guardian Angel Coin.

Imagine Peace and Close Encointers were received in the mail, Easter Geocoin Bunny(Charlie Brown) was found in a cache, Easter Geocoin Bunny(Woodstock) was given to me by a friend and Guardian Angel just appeared in my coin book at an event about a year ago.

I have only received one mystery coin the Mickey Diver. The rest have been trades. Carpe Diem, Dragonfly Dreams, Mystery Heart antique silver T/O, Cache Reaper, Geo Honu (Mystery Turtle), Creepy Crawly Cachers, Mystical Greenman, Dark Knight black nickel and shiny nickel and The Wishing Coin. I think I treasure the Mickey Diver and Mystery Turtle the most as they were my most wanted. I only have two more mystery coins I would love to have. One is the Highland Geofairy (this is for my husband who hails from the Highlands of Scotland) and the other is Mr. Gray (this one is for me as I DO Believe)

Test

c44a831c-1c12-417b-b24e-6ef309bc09c2.jpg

or

d53b0d49-f4c6-4e2a-80c0-970c9e3ea8be.jpg

I dig the blacked out version.... stays more true to form.... plus it makes Darth look like he's ridin' on dubs yo. And... I like the "sith happens" slogan :) Nice touch. Will there be a Darth Maul edition.... that would be a freakin' sweet mystery edition. I'm excited.... havn't thought about that series forever.

I have the "Lord of the Sith" coin - picked it up on my road trip to GeoWoodstock IX but realized I could not log it - the trackable number is smugged out. It's a really cool coin - who does it belong to and why is the tracking number gone? Anyway, at least I found out a little something about it. Will keep searching and will drop off in a cache so it will confuse other geocachers.

kitticat

I have the "Lord of the Sith" coin - picked it up on my road trip to GeoWoodstock IX but realized I could not log it - the trackable number is smugged out. It's a really cool coin - who does it belong to and why is the tracking number gone? Anyway, at least I found out a little something about it. Will keep searching and will drop off in a cache so it will confuse other geocachers.

kitticat

There were a bunch of these coins that had errors so I'm guessing that the tracking numbers were removed from those and then the coin left as swag.

I don't have any mystery coins yet . . . . i believe if you buy a mystery coin it's not earned . . . .it means more when it is given to you . . . .then that is a good memory. . . . isn't that what geocaching is making good memories and making good friends. . . .i met my bestfriends the drunkin monkeys while out geocaching!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Pony_Girl

I don't have any mystery coins yet . . . . i believe if you buy a mystery coin it's not earned . . . .it mean more when it is given to you . . . .then that is a good memory. . . . isn't that what geocaching is making good memories and making good friends. . . .i met my bestfriends the drunkin monkey while out geocaching!!! :rolleyes:

I've met a couple of those on the trail :laughing:

I have been blessed with some mystery coins... I can't wait to be finished with school so I can return the favor. Check back in 3 years.

I hope you will forgive a newbie for asking, but I'm unfamiliar with mystery geocoins and would someone tell me what it's all about? I'm about to reach 50 finds and have placed 2 caches, but I have yet to find a geocoin (and I don't really have money to spend on buying them). So I'm browsing the forums to learn more about them. Thank you. :)

Welcome KaposiaDarcy to the most infectious addiction known as geocoin collection. Mystery coins are just that, coins that are ordered and sent by ??? Some of these coins have specific reason (NOL, Imagine, the Devil made me do It, etc) and some are given by cachers that have specific names (Mr Gray, Darth Vader, Bell Witch, Geocoin Fairy, etc).

As to why they are given, well if I had to guess it is to bring a smile to someone, to acknowledge an achievement, in friendship, to pay it forward and many number of other good reasons.

So how do they know where to send them? There is a post to request your address be placed in a spreadsheet Geocoin Address Book and if you wait and participate here in the geocoin forum, you may one day find a package addressed to you from yourself (???) and a coin. It may take some time, it may be tommorrow, it is always a pure guilty pleasure when it does happen and you'll never forget your first.

As I said welcome and keep up the search (yes there are some in caches as well, I know :D )

I have been very fortunate to have been given a few along the way, and have payed it forward myself. It is an awesome feeling to find a hidden gift in the mailbox, and it seems that when someone sends you one it brings with it a most unexpected lift in your day!

Thank you to each and every mysterious coiner for your sacrifice and contributions!

Name of Mystery Geocoin: Green Lantern Mystery Geocoin

Method Obtained  Arrived in the mail

Name of Mystery Geocoin: Mia san GIGA herzlich!

Name of Mystery Geocoin: SSoCA Geocoin ­ The Pink Precious

Name of Mystery Geocoin: Geo_Leprechaun Pot of Gold

Method Obtained  Found in a cache (& my first mystery coin)

Name of Mystery Geocoin: Great Geo-Pumpkin

Name of Mystery Geocoin: Harley Quinn Mystery Coin