YemonYime, care for a friendly Stanley Cup Wager?

Redwing_dave

WOW Awesome game tonight

Who's buying the Widescreens for Wednesday nights game? I'll bring drinks :D

I already have a "widescreen" 47" and watching that game last night in hi-def was sweet. I cannot believe triple overtime. I was SOOOOOO tired since i was up at 3am yesterday morn for work, but couldn't take my eyes off the screen!

I cannot wait for Wednesdays game!

oh, and GO REDWINGS!!!!!

A most worthy victory, for a most worthy champion. Congratulations to the Red Wings on a simply brilliant season...the President's Cup, the Campbell Trophy, the Conn Smythe to Henrik Zetterberg, and now the Stanley Cup. The Wings are now only two cups behind the Maple Leafs for all-time! There's something undeniably enviable about such storied franchises. We here in Pittsburgh know a little about that, so our "tossle caps" are off to Wings fans everywhere.

Great series!

It was a rough last two days, kids can really make life "interesting". After a night of sleeping in a chair in the hospital, I felt like I was the patient though, and my mind was REALLY on other things.

LUCKILY, I had the right weapons to fight off the pain (flexiral and percocets) and was able to awaken just in time for the game...which really lifted my spirits a LOT!! CONGRATS WINGS

Now, I'm back to the real concerns, kids clinging to life after a deadly (and senseless) car accident. Prayers needed and appreciated for these teen boys!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

It was a great series--triple overtime and one goal games. But like Shilo said I think in the end the better team won. I especially liked watching the way the winning goal was scored! :rolleyes:

Congratulations Detroit!!!

Thanks for the fun Yemon Yime and Redwing_Dave!! I really didn't think that I would have liked a broom on the coin so now I am really looking forward to seeing the design!

It was all gloom and despair on the radio stations in Halifax this morning. Sid the Kid will not have a chance to parade through Cole Harbour with the Stanley Cup... this year.

There's always next year -- but then that's what Leafs fans say too! :rolleyes:

It was all gloom and despair on the radio stations in Halifax this morning. Sid the Kid will not have a chance to parade through Cole Harbour with the Stanley Cup... this year.

There's always next year -- but then that's what Leafs fans say too! :rolleyes:

Defeat can build character. Sid is young and he will win the Stanley cup I'm sure more than once in his great career!! They are disappointed but October will be here before you know it......

Well its been a rollercoaster ride the past several weeks, with lots of "W's", and luckily a lot less "L's". I think I've been holding my breath since April. The play-offs are rough on the players (especially Malone - a broken nose followed by a vulcanized rubber face lift...ouch), but I think they're equally rough on some fans, like myself. My blood pressure is all out of whack, my left eyelid is still twitching uncontrollably, and I wake up sometimes in a cold sweat only to realize that the puck that just slid past Osgood was only a bad dream. It was a great Finals series. The game 5 triple-OT loss was heart-wrenching, and the last second shot by Hossa in game 6 almost killed me. In the end I have to say:

Way to go WINGS!!!!

Congrats to the Pens on a great season. Crosby has got a lot of games ahead of him, and in a lot of ways he reminds me of a young Steve Yzerman who also proudly wore the "C" on his jersey at a young age, and through his leadership finally ended the Stanley Cup Drought in Hockeytown. I've always admired Hossa, and the Pens would do well to hang onto him. And Fleury - other than hatching the game-winning goal for the Wings, he was spectacular. Who knows, maybe we'll meet again next year...I know I plan on my Wings being there. :)

Give me a call Yime...we need to talk. ;)

Wings060508.jpg

P.S. Roddy, I hope things are improving. My prayers are with you.

There's always next year -- but then that's what Leafs fans say too! :)

I might get to see it in Antigonish tho :);)

There's always next year -- but then that's what Leafs fans say too! :)

I might get to see it in Antigonish tho :mad::o

The Cup was already in Summerside, PEI last month. The winner of the 'Bring Home the Cup' contest lives there. Marc Messier watched a Dallas/Detroit game with him on his new big screen tv :)

No news as to whether they drank from the cup. :(