YemonYime, care for a friendly Stanley Cup Wager?

Redwing_dave

pens.jpg

We are still here ! Just 2 games does not a cup win :D

2 more games like the last 2 will though :anibad:

I can't stand the Wings...grrrrrrrrrrrr Go PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(well you probably can guess I'm still bitter over the Avs sweep)

I didn't like the way the game was going and I decided I needed to play the Whack the Penguin game some more. Guess what? Right after I started playing the Redwings scored!!! LOL I decided that I will play during the next game for sure!!!

Go Redwings!!!

That loss was by design. You notice how detroit poored on the pressure at the end, brought it to within 1 again without too much trouble and then took the dive but made it look really good. Only the best can throw a game like that and make it look like a real loss. They had to drop the one so they could come home and win the big one at the end.

I didn't like the way the game was going and I decided I needed to play the Whack the Penguin game some more. Guess what? Right after I started playing the Redwings scored!!! LOL I decided that I will play during the next game for sure!!!

Go Redwings!!!

Please do; anything to help THE team. I'm ready for a "W" in Mellon.

Go Redwings!!!

There is not, and never will be, a "W" in Mellon. Unless of course, the Penguins "MelloWn" your precious Wing Dings in Game 4.

A Game 4 Penguins "W" = A whole new series.

Oh, and a funny bit of news that shows how serious Pittsburgh is about it's sports teams...

THE local fish market, Wholey's, will not sell an octopus to anyone who's wearing Red Wings anything, or anyone with an out-of-state ID. That's fandom in the Burgh!

Oh, and a funny bit of news that shows how serious Pittsburgh is about it's sports teams...

THE local fish market, Wholey's, will not sell an octopus to anyone who's wearing Red Wings anything, or anyone with an out-of-state ID. That's fandom in the Burgh!

There was an article about this in the Detroit Free Press...What you failed to mention was that the reporter Red Wings sweater and all just walked down the street and purchased an octopus with no trouble.

Some of your local merchants figure they better pick up a few bucks while they still can. Detroit fans won't be coming back to da burgh!

There was an article about this in the Detroit Free Press...What you failed to mention was that the reporter Red Wings sweater and all just walked down the street and purchased an octopus with no trouble.

Some of your local merchants figure they better pick up a few bucks while they still can. Detroit fans won't be coming back to da burgh!

You mean this article? :D He got a firm denial to me at Wholey's, and the "Pittsburgh run-a-round" at the other places. NO OCTOPUS FOR YOU!!! Come back...ONE YEAR!!! :anibad:

Why does Detroit identify with an octopus so much anyway?

Is it because they are spineless and suck? Help me out here..

Besides that everyone around here knows that Stanley Cup lives in near by Saltsburg, PA and roots for the Pens. It's True!

Edited by D@nim@l

Go Redwings!!!

There is not, and never will be, a "W" in Mellon.

I do think that the Redwings found a big W in Mellon!! :rolleyes:

Excellent, excellent game!! Wonderful power play killing!!! What else can I say but..

Go Redwings!!!

Why does Detroit identify with an octopus so much anyway?

Is it because they are spineless and suck? Help me out here..

Besides that everyone around here knows that Stanley Cup lives in near by Saltsburg, PA and roots for the Pens. It's True!

Straight from Wikipedia-----

The Legend of the Octopus is a sports tradition during Detroit Red Wings home games in which an octopus is thrown onto the ice surface for good luck during a playoff run. The origins of the activity go back to the 1952 playoffs, when a National Hockey League team played two best-of-seven series to capture the Stanley Cup. The octopus, having eight arms, symbolized the number of playoff wins necessary for the Red Wings to win the Stanley Cup. The tradition was first started on April 15, 1952 by Pete and Jerry Cusimano,[1] brothers and storeowners in Detroit's Eastern Market. The team swept the Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens en route to winning the championship, as well as winning two of the next three championships.

Since 1952, because the tossing of octopuses is generally viewed as a successful symbol of good luck, the practice has persisted each year; in one 1995 game, fans threw 36 octopuses, including a 30-pounder.[2] The Red Wings' unofficial mascot is a purple octopus named Al, and during playoff runs two of these mascots are also hung from the rafters of the Joe Louis Arena, symbolizing the 16 wins now needed to win the Stanley Cup.

Legend_of_the_Octopus

While playing Whack a Penguin waiting for the puck to drop I found another fun game to play! Its called Penguin Darts AND if that wasn't enough to keep you occupied how about Chuck a Penguin That one is pretty fun too!!! :)

GO REDWINGS!!!!!

Whack a Penguin?? :D:rolleyes::wub: Penguin Darts ??......Chuck a Penguin?? I better go hide......

But hey all say WHEEEEE when you send them flying!!! And I think they love sliding on their bellies!!!!!! :D

To be sure though I ask if any of them are named Chantal.....

Too bad the Stanley Cup lives so close to Pitt, means it better get on the road soon so its polished and ready for game 5 in Detroit on Monday night.

Also, could someone please tell Sid the Kid to quit trying to grow play-off facial hair (I dare not call it a beard or even a stache) until he has completed the maturation process? He looks like he just got done eating a bag of Oreos, and his mom hasn't wiped the crumbs off his face yet.

Too bad the Stanley Cup lives so close to Pitt, means it better get on the road soon so its polished and ready for game 5 in Detroit on Monday night.

Also, could someone please tell Sid the Kid to quit trying to grow play-off facial hair (I dare not call it a beard or even a stache) until he has completed the maturation process? He looks like he just got done eating a bag of Oreos, and his mom hasn't wiped the crumbs off his face yet.

:)

The fate of the series aside, and since we've now brought facial hair into the matter, let's go ahead an go there...

40-yzerman.jpg

This truly the extent to which Red Wings great, Steve Yzerman, could grow facial hair. I could never tell if his cheeks were plastic or if he just overdid the waxing, but I always thought of him as a mannequin. In this picture though, he's a mannequin with a few lines of sharpie drawn on.

Right back atcha there, baby-face breath. :) :)