YemonYime, care for a friendly Stanley Cup Wager?

Redwing_dave

Yime and I have had a nice, long, friendly history, starting when he and his buddies took me night caching in Pittsburgh while I was visiting on a business trip back in '05. In the early days of geocoins we included him and a couple other Pittsburghians in our local COOL (COin Ordering Liaison) group despite the hundreds of miles separating us. I've always considered myself an honarary member of TRIGO, despite this same distance. He's helped me on some memorable geocoin endeavors, including the Original Stash Coin, and the da Vinci Challenge Coins. It's too bad this is all going to come to a screaching halt during the next couple weeks. :rolleyes:

You see, Yime being a Pittsburghian, is a fan of the local hockey team, despite the fact that their mascott is a flightless bird. My loyalties lie elsewhere, as apparent from my geocaching handle (a lifetime commitment to Mr Hockey's team). Over the next couple weeks, the Wings and the Flightless Birds will face-off for the ultimate prize in Hockey, the Stanley Cup!

Yime, if you're out there, here's my offer: a combination YemonYime/Redwing_Dave Geocoin (notice I was cordial enough to put your name first...hoping to ease the blow from your teams impending defeat). We each get one side of the coin to design as we please (ie, there are no bounds to how much gloating the winner does for his team). The catch is that the loser pays the minting fees, and we split the coins evenly between us. The first puck hits the ice in less than 90 minutes. I'll be waiting for your response. ;)

-REDWING_DAVE

Wingedwheel.jpg

Yime and I have had a nice, long, friendly history, starting when he and his buddies took me night caching in Pittsburgh while I was visiting on a business trip back in '05. In the early days of geocoins we included him and a couple other Pittsburghians in our local COOL (COin Ordering Liaison) group despite the hundreds of miles separating us. I've always considered myself an honarary member of TRIGO, despite this same distance. He's helped me on some memorable geocoin endeavors, including the Original Stash Coin, and the da Vinci Challenge Coins. It's too bad this is all going to come to a screaching halt during the next couple weeks. :rolleyes:

You see, Yime being a Pittsburghian, is a fan of the local hockey team, despite the fact that their mascott is a flightless bird. My loyalties lie elsewhere, as apparent from my geocaching handle (a lifetime commitment to Mr Hockey's team). Over the next couple weeks, the Wings and the Flightless Birds will face-off for the ultimate prize in Hockey, the Stanley Cup!

Yime, if you're out there, here's my offer: a combination YemonYime/Redwing_Dave Geocoin (notice I was cordial enough to put your name first...hoping to ease the blow from your teams impending defeat). We each get one side of the coin to design as we please (ie, there are no bounds to how much gloating the winner does for his team). The catch is that the loser pays the minting fees, and we split the coins evenly between us. The first puck hits the ice in less than 90 minutes. I'll be waiting for your response. ;)

-REDWING_DAVE

Wingedwheel.jpg

Redwing_Dave....I LOVE this! I am a HUGE WINGS fan and would be very interested in a few of these! Sitting here waiting patiently for the puck to be dropped myself!

btw...love your coins!!

In the immortal (and paraphrased) words of Charlie Daniels: "I'll take that bet, you're gonna regret, cause Sid's the best there's ever been."

YOU'RE ON!!! 'Cause the Lake Huron Morons are gonna get trampled under webbed foot by the March Of The Penguins!!!

And for clarification, it's Pittsburgher...not that cockamamie word you just made up. You Utanian, you. :rolleyes:;)

I'm going to rather enjoy seeing the Pens scrape up the cold, cooked, dead remains of those equally flightless octopi that hit the ice like a Red Wings defensemen who's just had his guts turned inside out by a wicked Crosby crossover move. And what's with the dimwits who smuggle those things in their drawers anyway? Maybe Red Wings fans simply enjoy smelling like salty old sailor's shoes. I'd REALLY bust a hernia if Zetterburg(ian) goes in on a breakaway, only to hit a patch of sea-creature suction cups and snap his femur.

LET'S GO PENS!!!

pittsburghpenguins_Pittsburgh_Penguins.gif

You see, Yime being a Pittsburghian, is a fan of the local hockey team, despite the fact that their mascott is a flightless bird. My loyalties lie elsewhere, as apparent from my geocaching handle (a lifetime commitment to Mr

Did I hear someone say "Let's pop the top on this can of worms!??"

Going to have to go with the flight bird... not sure why ;)

Maybe I'm partial to flightless birds?

:rolleyes:

Go Penguins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to have to cheer for the Red Wings in this series! :)

Yes, I know Sid the Kid is from Cole Harbour and is practically a neighbour (actually, most Nova Scotians consider him 'practically a neighbour'). But Pittsburgh beat my Flyers, so that's a big strike against them.

AND... My father played for the Red Wings farm team way back in the 50's!!

He quit so he could join the Canadian Navy, because it payed better!! B)B)

So...

GO RED WINGS!!!!

Chip said

GO REDWING!!! As for me I guess I'll say GO PENGUINS!!! Just to keep it interesting here at home, lol.

Oh, Chip says I HAVE TO GET ONE OF THESE COINS!!! If I don't he'll have a fit. He really likes both these teams but he's slightly more for the Redwings.

Edited by Nochipra

Wow, this is a real tough one for me. Since my Calgary Flames were put out in the first round...

Anyway, my Dad was a lifetime Red Wings fan (he's passed on) and gosh darn, those penguins are cute and they have 'the kid' so I'm torn.

I'll have to go with the WINGS, sorry Yime!

Time for the octopi to fly!

GAME ON!!!

Yime, I'll let you pick the minter, since it'll be your dime. It looks like you paid-off the refs to negate that first goal by the wings; make sure you don't spend too much on the refs...save some for the coin!!

As for Sid the Kid, don't get me wrong, he's got some great moves, he's a hall of fame shoe-in, and he even thinks he can fight sometimes (for his sake, I hope he doesn't think he can take on McCarty), but my eyes are on #13 and #40 in RED.

Pass my regards on to my other favorite Pittsburghites.

-Dave

P.S. you wanna raise the stakes? A Primanti Sandwich for some Mormon Jello?

A clever tactic in warfare, the Pens have simply lulled the Wings into a false sense of complacency.

I like the way the Pens started out their lulling, shear artistry if you ask me:

Play of the Game

All kidding aside, I don't expect a sweep by the Wings. I have great respect for the Pens, and I think we'll see them come out strong in game 2 (hopefully they come out a little more gracefully though..sorry couldn't help myself).

A clever tactic in warfare, the Pens have simply lulled the Wings into a false sense of complacency.

I like the way the Pens started out their lulling, shear artistry if you ask me:

Play of the Game

All kidding aside, I don't expect a sweep by the Wings. I have great respect for the Pens, and I think we'll see them come out strong in game 2 (hopefully they come out a little more gracefully though..sorry couldn't help myself).

Yes, Fluery truly did make a "graceful" entry!! I fell out of my chair laughing!!

If you check the cointest on this, you'll note I said they'd (Red Wings) would win in the 5th game with a score of 4-2...so no sweep expected here either. BUT, I wouldn't be overly surprised!!!! :blink:

Despite missing the last SIX games due to "concussion-like symptoms", Johan Franzen is still tied for the most goals in this post-season! Pretty amazing, and it looks like he'll be hitting the ice (skates first, unlike Fleury) in about 60 minutes. If he hasn't lost it during his weeks of not playing, watch out Pens!!

franzen.jpg

Despite missing the last SIX games due to "concussion-like symptoms", Johan Franzen is still tied for the most goals in this post-season! Pretty amazing, and it looks like he'll be hitting the ice (skates first, unlike Fleury) in about 60 minutes. If he hasn't lost it during his weeks of not playing, watch out Pens!!

franzen.jpg

Isn't that just the GREATEST news so far today!! I was told to quiet down by my youngster when I read that this morning....seems I might have woke him up?!?

GO WINGS!!!

Hey, where did all those PENS fans go???

I'd like to also introduce you to another friend...Johan Franzen. I see he was made to feel very welcomed last night :anibad: Oh, and I love how Ozzie keeps getting knocked around, do I sense a bit of unsportsmanlike play here??

GO RED WINGS!!!!!