Puzzle Geocoin - Sales now open

Theotokos

Wow, very nice. You can re-use the dies and put new pictures to solve on the tiled side too, if you were to make a series or some truly rockin' custom event coins.

Yes, that is the idea - to introduce new tiled fronts in the future. I wanted to start with the numbers first to make it one less detailed item to worry about as we try to hammer this out.

great concept, and I'll be in for a few.

I do have a question though... in the sample pic, the tiles appear a bit loose... almost as if they will fall out and get lost if handled improperly. Is this the case?

We've definitely had some challenges but hopefully they've all been worked out. The tiles will also be epoxy coated so that should keep them from getting stuck under the edge and prevent scratching.

The coins are now in production....

Well, the coins have finally arrived!!! I'm told they came out much better than the samples and the tiles slide nicely. So, stay tuned as we will be posting the sales links some time this week.

G..r..e..a..T....as Tony the tiger would say, we hope we are on the reserve list for one. Cannot wait to see these beauties in person. Glad you were able to see this geocoin design come to realiity. Fantastic design idea.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

Well, here they are!!!!

We are only putting 75 of the Gold and 40 Nickel up for sale. The rest are heading to Geocoinfest so for those of you that will be at the event, keep an eye out for them.

Initial minting:

150 Gold coins

75 Nickel coins

25 Black Nickel coins

Depending on how these are received, we will be minting more in the future but the tile designs will change.

Puz-Gld-Fr-6342.jpgPuz-Gld-Bk-6343.jpg

Puz-Sil-Fr-6340.jpgPuz-Sil-Bk-6341.jpg

This coin is a 2.0" and 6mm thick. It is Polished Gold and Nickel plated featuring Translucent and Glitter Soft Enamel coloring. It is a fully functional and a truly interactive geocoin. The eight tiles are epoxy coated and move independently.

They are trackable on Geocaching.com with a unique icon puzzle32x32.gif

They do cost a little more than your regular geocoin but I hope you can appreciate the extra effort that went into these coins. There were 11 die made for this coin and we worked hard to keep the cost down as much as possible.

Here are the sales links....

Gold Puzzle Geocoin $14.00

Nickel Puzzle Geocoin $14.50

I appreciate hearing your comments and we hope you like them.

Edited by Theotokos

Well, I would have loved a BN, but GCF is some thousand miles to far away, so: order placed for G and N

We won't be taking any of the Black Nickel to GCF - those are for me :rolleyes: . Now, CH Quality Coins will be selling the Puzzle coins at GCF - along with a bunch of other new designs too. If there does happen to be any of the Black Nickel at the event, it will be very, very few of them...less than 10 I would guess.

Should be at www.chqualitycoins.com/activate.php

My 4 coins arrived, went to the web location and I get "Sorry, your Tracking Number: "XXXXXX" was not found. Please try again." I left a message and will call them again. I also noticed this coin is not listed on the list of coins to activate, I see the 'Theotokos Crown of Thorns Geocoin' and others but not the Puzzle cache coin.... Not whining, just alerting that activaion isn't working. Is there a delay due to coinfest?

Any help is appreciated.

TALR Duke

I came to the conclusion that I must have one of these coins as a keepsake so I just ordered a second coin. I know, had I made that decision initially I could have avoided the extra shipping charges, but this is my first coin so it's worth it.

The other coin I am planning on putting into my very own puzzle cache as a FTF reward. What a nice find that is going to be for some lucky cacher.

Thanks again for minting this coin.

Got mine - it LOOKS gorgeous but it doesn't work! the vendor Chquality coins hasn't returned my email either - and they charged 6.90 to post it >$3 over stamp value so I'm REALLY disappointed.

not moving it crooked- the numbers 7 and 8 don't move AT ALL. The second row move very badly but 7 and 8 are ttuck fast and I don't want to pry it with anything in case of damaging the gold plate.

thx - no not moving them crooked - tiles 7 and 8 DON"T MOVE at all. The second row moves poorly - jams.

and no it wasn't damaged by the postman - the envelope is just fine and none of my many other moving coins has ever had a problem not even the small and dodgy looking GPS spinner

I'm wondering if it's specific to the gold plate like they forgot to allow for the width - they have had quality issues before with teh moving satellite which used to snap off very easily. i bought some of those but mine were fine.

can mods merge this thread with the original plse?

Edited by forthferalz

thx - no not moving them crooked - tiles 7 and 8 DON"T MOVE at all. The second row moves poorly - jams.

and no it wasn't damaged by the postman - the envelope is just fine and none of my many other moving coins has ever had a problem not even the small and dodgy looking GPS spinner

I'm wondering if it's specific to the gold plate like they forgot to allow for the width - they have had quality issues before with teh moving satellite which used to snap off very easily. i bought some of those but mine were fine.

can mods merge this thread with the original plse?

When attempting to move 7 and 8 make sure that the numbers above it (4 and 5 and 6) are pushed right up against the top, if they're not, there won't be a groove for 7 and 8 to slide. Then, make sure 7 and 8 are pushed down so there is not very much contact (relatively) between the grooves on the keys and the slots on the other keys. Then, they should slide. It works for mine.

ha - i had this sitting on the kitchen table and grandpa unstuck the sliding puzzle coin when he was over in Sep. he is an ex marine and has greater powers of persuasion B)

CHQuality coins is closed for inventory so I don't know if they are making any more but i emailed them earlier and Tom said to do what i like with it soooo thought i might pop it up here if anyone wants to buy it I'll send you Tom's email and you can paypal him but send me the postage USD$4.50 anywhere. Preference given to local sale if there is more than one enquiry.