The True Cost Of Caching, High fuel costs

Being 15 i dont drive and usually cache on bike rides (did 19 miles yesterday, got 2 caches... was worth it though) or sometimes me and my dad (occasionaly with familly) go together.

Of course in december if i have the money i could buy a moped since almost all of the local ones will have been found by myself then (still got about 1/4 left, having other dedications means i dont cache that often)

Off the top of my head I reckon around 25% of my finds have been done by bike (including 8 FTFs) with about 40% being associated with work trips which are mainly done by train. That leaves about 1/3 of my caching done by car (caching for caching's sake). That's still too much in my view.

Caching is great at getting people out and about and to places they wouldn't otherwise have got to. But they normally get there by car. I have to admit that does bother me. Quality (or opportunity) not quantity, I say! ;)

Caching is great at getting people out and about and to places they wouldn't otherwise have got to. But they normally get there by car. I have to admit that does bother me. Quality (or opportunity) not quantity, I say! ;)

I'm always pleased when people put public transport details on their cache descriptions - but most people don't bother, which is annoying. It would be good to encourage people to do it.

Lee