The Goldmine

Ding bat

Hmmm

Got a DNF on one of our caches. And the best is the cacher was never in South Africa!!

GC22119

We are pretty sure it's not a vituall cache!!

Very odd

I've had that too. It's likely that they used the wrong GC-Code, and a quick email to the cacher will get it sorted out.

This log from Alaska was the FTF on one of our most challenging caches - huh?

Easily fixed, and the log was changed to an entertaining note...

Hmmm

Got a DNF on one of our caches. And the best is the cacher was never in South Africa!!

GC22119

Very odd

Have a look at GC21119 - that one is in California. Perhaps he keyed in the wrong numbers by hitting the 2 key instead of the 1. :) On 7 March he was finding his 1st find in the area so perhaps a ligit mistake?

Hmmm

GC22119

Very odd

Have a look at GC21119 - that one is in California. Perhaps he keyed in the wrong numbers by hitting the 2 key instead of the 1. :unsure: On 7 March he was finding his 1st find in the area so perhaps a ligit mistake?

I did send the cacher a e-mail,lets see what he has to say!

Cool!

Who is the lady in the yellow?

It's Ophra

This was a show to celebrate her 24 year on Tv. So she got the blackeyed peas to be part of the show. I dont watch Ophra, but i though it was amazing to see how they could get all those people to dance exactly the same way!

Just checked out the vids....thanks! Was very cool to watch. They actually choreographed the whole dance, so it is not regular people like it is made to look and the dance is now called the "Mob Dance", and you can actually learn the moves too!! Maybe we should organise a dance such as this for a Flash Mob Event!

Hi one and all.

I have had a chat to Jors, and we will be getting together, for a glass of bubbly, at his cache GCZA01.2 (GC1RNAY) on Sunday afternoon at around 3PM, to commemorate the first cache find in South Africa.

It is far to late to make an event out of it, but we do hope to see a few extra faces around.

Hope some of the Gautengers can make it.

This was the reply from Jors in the other tread:

I'll see you on the 16th, around 3PM, thanks DamhuisClan!

It would be great to see many more cachers there, even though it won't be an event.

Link:

GCZA01.2

Hi there,

I am looking for a copy of Southern Africa Streetmap 2010 on DVD to copy. Unfortunately you can't get it anymore in store and to download it is rather large (have missplaced my copy). If you have a DVD I can borrow for a week this would be appreciated, please send me a PM.

Greetings from Cache Fan

Edited by cache-fan

Hi All Geocachers from the Goldmine....Gauteng

Please diarise the 12th March 2011 for the first Geocachers' Breakfast Run. Please watch the thread that was started on this - there won't be any group FTFs as everyone voted against the idea.

But if you have a bike with an engine, please join us. The Event Listing will be posted shortly.

Bikers from other provinces are also welcome! Cars are allowed too! It is open to everyone!

Best regards

GEO936

Ok ... this post is almost SPAM .... but I think this is relevant to our geocaching experience here in Gauteng.

We all must have been thinking that our geocaching outings will decline with the new Toll Fees come into effect in March June.

There is a political party who have set up a web site, where you can leave your signature email address, as part of a petition to government.

They are proposing a toll fee of R0.05 per kilometre.

They wanted a total of 100,000 email signitures, and currently have just over 120,000. With the awesome response they have had they want to try and push it up to 200,000 email signitures.

So, if you have not done so yet go visit tollgatepetition, and only if you AGREE to what they state on the site, please add your email address as siginiture.

Please also forward to friends and family who might not know about it.

As a side note....

My dad told me that in the Netherlands the government also tried to toll their citizens on highways between major centres, and the people made themselves heard, and the response was so overwhelming, that they had to completely scrap the tolling system. (Note: This is hearsay... and I have not verified the information)

Happy caching!

Hi All Geocachers from the Goldmine....Gauteng

Please diarise the 12th March 2011 for the first Geocachers' Breakfast Run. Please watch the thread that was started on this - there won't be any group FTFs as everyone voted against the idea.

But if you have a bike with an engine, please join us. The Event Listing will be posted shortly.

Bikers from other provinces are also welcome! Cars are allowed too! It is open to everyone!

Best regards

GEO936

Er I thought an event was not supposed to include caching?

Ok ... this post is almost SPAM .... but I think this is relevant to our geocaching experience here in Gauteng.

We all must have been thinking that our geocaching outings will decline with the new Toll Fees come into effect in March June.

There is a political party who have set up a web site, where you can leave your signature email address, as part of a petition to government.

They are proposing a toll fee of R0.05 per kilometre.

They wanted a total of 100,000 email signitures, and currently have just over 120,000. With the awesome response they have had they want to try and push it up to 200,000 email signitures.

So, if you have not done so yet go visit tollgatepetition, and only if you AGREE to what they state on the site, please add your email address as siginiture.

Please also forward to friends and family who might not know about it.

As a side note....

My dad told me that in the Netherlands the government also tried to toll their citizens on highways between major centres, and the people made themselves heard, and the response was so overwhelming, that they had to completely scrap the tolling system. (Note: This is hearsay... and I have not verified the information)

Happy caching!

That should not in effect make any difference to Geocachers as no caches are allowed on the highway. Except for the odd Stretch a leg here and there the rest take you off the highways.... :-)