New mystery coin? The Geocaching Angel....

crazycavelover

I have always wondered how someone receives a mystery coin and how the mysterious coin giver choses to whom they give their coins. I am also amazed that these coins seem to arrive to many just in time to lift their spirits after particularly trying times; which goes to show there are no accidents, but perhaps divine intervention guiding someone's hands.

Well, today I was blessed to join those of you who have received one of these beautiful Angel coins. I was truly surprised and very grateful to receive it in the mail-with no postmark and a most unusual address. It is a beautiful coin in both design and in spirit. The message on the card is very inspiring and to me. It makes me want to give more, do better, and try harder. THANK YOU Geocaching Angel for this most wonderful gift. It will be forever treasured.

I'm so glad you got it, I was hoping and praying the angel would remember you and it looks like prayers were answered!

You are much deserving!

Naomi :)

I have always wondered how someone receives a mystery coin and how the mysterious coin giver choses to whom they give their coins. I am also amazed that these coins seem to arrive to many just in time to lift their spirits after particularly trying times; which goes to show there are no accidents, but perhaps divine intervention guiding someone's hands.

Well, today I was blessed to join those of you who have received one of these beautiful Angel coins. I was truly surprised and very grateful to receive it in the mail-with no postmark and a most unusual address. It is a beautiful coin in both design and in spirit. The message on the card is very inspiring and to me. It makes me want to give more, do better, and try harder. THANK YOU Geocaching Angel for this most wonderful gift. It will be forever treasured.

I'm so glad you got it, I was hoping and praying the angel would remember you and it looks like prayers were answered!

You are much deserving!

Naomi ;)

Wow! Thank you Naomi, that was very nice of you to say that!

Debra

I am flattered (and surprised) that today I found myself graced with The Geocaching Angel #159 !

I have been waiting patiently for a "mystery package" to be dropped off after another cacher was asked to be a courier from pastures far.... well, at the end of the day... Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RCA777

Waubaushene, Ontario (and Kirkland, QC!)

Today, I recieved a coin from the Geocaching Angel.

It is quite beautiful.

Thank you very much.

i also received one of these coins for my son who will be leaving in few days for war oversea's ,thanks geocachingangel& thanks the moops for a gift also you sent my son,thanks,live strong ,live free,&Godbless.

Edited by 0newithwild

We received a coin from the Geocoin Angel today. We are not used to get one of those mystery coins so we're very excited. This one is a keeper.

Thanks a lot Geocoin Angel! :anicute:

Received one of those beautiful coins also.

Thanks geocoin Angel

Edited by SERGIØ

B) CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU WINGED FRIENDS!!!! :D

Diggin it! Aint got no wings in these here parts...well actually CCL, the OP is just a Hop skip and a jump, only she's waaaay out there in no mans land!- REALLY!...You gotta have wings to get to her! :anicute:

Good luck to all you hopefull wingites! :D

NEED I SAY WOW HERE TOO!! THIS IS REALLY COOL OF PEPS TO DO THIS FOR OTHERS,, I WISH I HAD THE MEANS OF HAVING A COIN MINTED TO JUST GIVE OUT,, OR EVEN JUST HAVIN A COIN MINTED PERIOD. I LOOKED INTO IT,, AND ITS REALLY EXPENSAVE,,COST ALOT MORE THEN I THOUGHT,AND AFTER I FOUND OUT THAT I WAS WOW'ED BY HOW MANY GENEROUS PEPOLE THERE ARE HERE. AND HOW MANY COINS ARE MADE.

THE PEPS THAT CACHE COME FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE,STILL WE HAVE THIS SAME DESIRE FOR TUPPERWARE AND AMMO CANS. AND I LIKE HOW THIS PLACE AND YOU PEPS ARE KINDA LIKE A VIRTUAL FAMILY HERE!! I JUST HOPE WE CAN FIND OUR SPOT ON THE TEAM AND BECOME APART OF THAT FAMILY INSTEAD OF FEELING LIKE ONE OF THE NEWBIES AROUND HERE.

SORRY,, HAD A BAD FEW PAST DAYS , AND SEEING THE MANY MANY MANY, SMILES EVERY ONE GETS FROM THESE COINS COMING IN THE MAIL ,FROM THE 4-5 POSTING OF DIFFERENT MYSTRY COINS , MAKES ME REALIZE THAT WE JUST DONT REALLY KNOW ANYONE HERE VERY WELL :o

NEED I SAY WOW HERE TOO!! THIS IS REALLY COOL OF PEPS TO DO THIS FOR OTHERS,, I WISH I HAD THE MEANS OF HAVING A COIN MINTED TO JUST GIVE OUT,, OR EVEN JUST HAVIN A COIN MINTED PERIOD. I LOOKED INTO IT,, AND ITS REALLY EXPENSAVE,,COST ALOT MORE THEN I THOUGHT,AND AFTER I FOUND OUT THAT I WAS WOW'ED BY HOW MANY GENEROUS PEPOLE THERE ARE HERE. AND HOW MANY COINS ARE MADE.

THE PEPS THAT CACHE COME FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE,STILL WE HAVE THIS SAME DESIRE FOR TUPPERWARE AND AMMO CANS. AND I LIKE HOW THIS PLACE AND YOU PEPS ARE KINDA LIKE A VIRTUAL FAMILY HERE!! I JUST HOPE WE CAN FIND OUR SPOT ON THE TEAM AND BECOME APART OF THAT FAMILY INSTEAD OF FEELING LIKE ONE OF THE NEWBIES AROUND HERE.

SORRY,, HAD A BAD FEW PAST DAYS , AND SEEING THE MANY MANY MANY, SMILES EVERY ONE GETS FROM THESE COINS COMING IN THE MAIL ,FROM THE 4-5 POSTING OF DIFFERENT MYSTRY COINS , MAKES ME REALIZE THAT WE JUST DONT REALLY KNOW ANYONE HERE VERY WELL :yikes:

Like every other community - it takes time to get to know people and to feel like you fit in. The best I can do for you right now is send you a great big smile :laughing: After meeting people here, it's fun matching faces to names at events. Lots of coins show up there and you get to meet all kinds of great people.

I hope you day gets better.

Edited by luckycharmer

SORRY,, HAD A BAD FEW PAST DAYS , AND SEEING THE MANY MANY MANY, SMILES EVERY ONE GETS FROM THESE COINS COMING IN THE MAIL ,FROM THE 4-5 POSTING OF DIFFERENT MYSTRY COINS , MAKES ME REALIZE THAT WE JUST DONT REALLY KNOW ANYONE HERE VERY WELL :yikes:

Can I make one little suggestion, though...

Ditch the capslock! In forumspeak it indicates yelling!

Welcome to the coin forums, though, I'm glad to see you here! :laughing:

Naomi

I know.... caps!! :laughing::laughing: I am knowen in all the forums I particpate for the caps. :yikes:

I know it indicates yelling, but the usual posting with the caps from me puts me apart from all you, as I need to make my self stand out a lil more beings im new. also I admit Im a lazy Typer!! but really its kinda my signature habbit for forums,,,,just know im NOT yelling......

and smile accepted and smiles back!! :laughing:

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK
I WISH I HAD THE MEANS OF HAVING A COIN MINTED TO JUST GIVE OUT,, OR EVEN JUST HAVIN A COIN MINTED PERIOD. I LOOKED INTO IT,, AND ITS REALLY EXPENSAVE <snip>

Howdy, DJ --

For what it's worth, some of the geocoin companies will mint your personal geocoin and sell it, and give you a share of the profit or coins (or both). It's usually not an enormous amount, but it's a way to get a geocoin out there -- especially if you a) have a good idea and B) it's more important to have a geocoin out there than it is to make a profit.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a list of vendors in one of the pinned topics at the top of this Forum. If you're serious about getting a DJ.J.ROCK (or McDonald Family) geocoin out there, I'd suggest writing some of the vendors and seeing what they offer. Good luck!

Edited by Jackalgirl

I know.... caps!! :ph34r::rolleyes: I am knowen in all the forums I particpate for the caps. :unsure:

I know it indicates yelling, but the usual posting with the caps from me puts me apart from all you, as I need to make my self stand out a lil more beings im new. also I admit Im a lazy Typer!! but really its kinda my signature habbit for forums,,,,just know im NOT yelling......

and smile accepted and smiles back!! :rolleyes:

At the top of the message field, you'll find a couple of drop down menus for font and size. You can find one you like, and use these to stand out. Just make sure to close them out at the end

Close them out like this [/font][/size]

It took me a while to find this thread (I'm not that good at the searches). Thank you so much Mystery Angel. I really love this Coin, and it was another one that I had to show off to the nearest stranger at the Post Office. He didn't seem to believe that I hadn't Mailed it to myself!! It's a beautiful Coin, and I'm glad that I was able to show it off. He pointed out to me that one of the languages is Portugese! I would not have recognized that. Thank You, Thank You, WRITE SHOP ROBERT

7590e880-9346-4564-a2bd-9d41538c8b4b.jpg

wow, ive become a winged frog. i received this small envie in the mail today and just thought it was going to be the usual junk mail, but when i opened it i got the surprise of my life.inside was a coin from the geocaching angel. its such a great coin to receive as ive had a few more downs than ups recently, and this weekend is particularly bad for me as being one that i have to cope the entire weekend with a large hole in my tooth cos my filling fell out.

thank you geocaching angel for picking me to give a winged coin to.

thanks, its great to be surprised like this. i wont be able to get emergency treatment until i phone and sort it out first thing monday - stupid i know but the area i live in really sucks for decent dentists. and i hate dentist anyway so this aint good.

Do you have a pic?

Quite some time ago I was fortunate enough to receive one of these mystery geocoins in the mail - #219. It was a huge, huge surprise as I hadn't been active in the forums for quite some time, until this week.

Thank you very much Geocaching Angel - it bought a lovely ray of sunshine into my life.

{hugs}