Cache Along a Route Issue

Don_J

I tried searching for other posts on this, but the search engine keeps timing out.

I have used the "Find Caches Along a Route" feature in the past, without problems. For the last two days, nothing but problems.

What I'm doing.

Click "Upload GPX / KML"

Click "Browse" (and browse to the GPX on my hard disk)

Click "Upload"

New page loads where you "Save" your route. The Route is listed. It shows me the distance and number of points, indicating that it read my GPX and that it is a good file. (I also tried with a known good file that I had uploaded a few months ago). It has a check box next to it and a button to "Save Selected Routes". I check the box and click the button. I get a dialog box that says, "Please Select a Route to Upload". I'm stuck at this point. I cannot save the route and then run a PQ from it.

Windows XPSP2

IE 7

Also tried with Firefox 2.0.0.14

Same problem.

The GPX is a point to point route made with Mapsource v6. It is about 250 miles and 16 points, well under the 500/500 limit. I have used this method many, many times without problems. I currently have 12 routes saved, so I don't think that it is a limit problem.

Thanks for any help that may be offered,

Don

I tried searching for other posts on this, but the search engine keeps timing out.

I have used the "Find Caches Along a Route" feature in the past, without problems. For the last two days, nothing but problems.

What I'm doing.

Click "Upload GPX / KML"

Click "Browse" (and browse to the GPX on my hard disk)

Click "Upload"

New page loads where you "Save" your route. The Route is listed. It shows me the distance and number of points, indicating that it read my GPX and that it is a good file. (I also tried with a known good file that I had uploaded a few months ago). It has a check box next to it and a button to "Save Selected Routes". I check the box and click the button. I get a dialog box that says, "Please Select a Route to Upload". I'm stuck at this point. I cannot save the route and then run a PQ from it.

Windows XPSP2

IE 7

Also tried with Firefox 2.0.0.14

Same problem.

The GPX is a point to point route made with Mapsource v6. It is about 250 miles and 16 points, well under the 500/500 limit. I have used this method many, many times without problems. I currently have 12 routes saved, so I don't think that it is a limit problem.

Thanks for any help that may be offered,

Don

It's been awhile since I took a trip so I'm doing this from memory. Once you check the box for the route you just uploaded and click the save selected routes button, towards the top left of the screen there is a blue bar that says something about your saved routes. If you click that bar it will take you to another screen that has a list of your saved routes. That's the screen From where you can Make your PQs

I have exactly the same problem, using both Firefox and Safari on MacOS. The dialog recognizes the file that I uploaded, but when I click "save" it complains that I haven't slected a route to save, even though I have.

The other problem I have is that none of my Pocket Queries that I generated have been emailed to me. I can preview them, but I never get sent the GPX file with results.

So, basically, the features I paid to be a premium member to use, don't work.

The same problem with uploading a route here. The route is uploaded and listed as "Unknown Route Name 0". The route distance and number of points are shown, but that's all. I can't rename it and if the route is checked it can't be saved.

Doesn't work with firefox and doesn't work with IE7 on Windows XP.

It worked for me at 9:00 am Eastern time

You uploaded a .gpx or a .kml ? :blink:

Your question prompted me to explore this further. I took my GPX, loaded it into Google Earth and then saved it as a KML. I was then able to successfully upload the KML. It appears that this only effects GPX files.

Don

Folks always jump in with questions off the topic, so here's one. At least it is about PQ's.

Early on, in the learning curve, I managed to create a bunch of duplicate PQ's. I would like to clean house in the Your Routes department. Is there any way to delete unwanted PQ's? Most of them are not public.

Barnabirdy(s)

Folks always jump in with questions off the topic, so here's one. At least it is about PQ's.

Early on, in the learning curve, I managed to create a bunch of duplicate PQ's. I would like to clean house in the Your Routes department. Is there any way to delete unwanted PQ's? Most of them are not public.

Barnabirdy(s)

Yes, if you click on the route's name in the "My Created Routes" list, I see a "Delete" button.

PQ's can be deleted by checking the box next to them and clicking "Archive" at the bottom of the column.

I'm experiencing the same issue as the OP. I've used the Caches along a Route feature dozens of times in the past, and it's not working now. It won't save my GPX route. I have a batch file to create the GPX from Street Atlas (it uses GPSBabel) and it's always worked in the past. If I upload my route, I can't save it nor can I preview it. It's uploaded but nothing else can be done.

Something changed, but I didn't change anything. I used the feature sucessfully like 2 weeks ago...

EDIT: I used GPSBabel to convert my GPX file to KML and now it works. The problem is definitely with GPX files, but KMLs appear to be OK.

Edited by DocDiTTo