Have fun Geowoodstock Attendees!

I just wanted to wish all the Geowoodstock VI attendees a good time. Wish I could have gone but finances and my mode of transportation does not allow me to, so please post your pics and stories here so we that could not attend can live vicariously through you. Thanks

So far so good...having a blast.

We managed about 62 finds today and tomorrow's event will be a milestone if I can get enough sleep in the next 5 and a half hours!

I have a blister on my big toe :-(

Also....what's with these horrible burr plants in California?!?!?! Good grief! Those things are NASTY!!!!!! :rolleyes:

We managed about 62 finds today and tomorrow's event will be a milestone if I can get enough sleep in the next 5 and a half hours!

Also....what's with these horrible burr plants in California?!?!?! Good grief! Those things are NASTY!!!!!! :mad:

You lucky dog, I'll take your blister and give me two more just to be there. :rolleyes: Hope you have a great time. ;)

I got *THE* picture. Let's just say that the future is looking up for Groundspeak.

10808aad-8923-497e-9074-52a862493d91.jpg

Peace, Love and Geocaching!

917f38e3-535f-4952-9ab9-e473b12cdacf.jpg

Food! Great food at the event today.

9e2b4f51-c46d-47fc-ade2-ac2cb46d7f37.jpg

The Group of Six Time Geowoodstock Attendees! Dwindling down to just 8 now.

66a59887-cc96-4bc5-89c2-53a3efba068b.jpg

So great to see so many friends again. If I missed you today, well, see you in Tennessee next year! B)

Food! Great food at the event today.

9e2b4f51-c46d-47fc-ade2-ac2cb46d7f37.jpg

Noticed Jeremy serving folks at the far right table!

If the pic had been a little bit more to the right, you'd see Cybret serving dessert!!

I just noticed everyone wearing jackets. That has got to be a first for a GW event!

El Diablo

Cool.. I see what I would have been doing if I had been there (photos of the people I would hang out with are already showing up).

I would have loved to have been there, but my youngest son graduated --with Honors-- from high school yesterday. I felt like I needed to be here for that.

Hope everyone is having fun!

Also....what's with these horrible burr plants in California?!?!?! Good grief! Those things are NASTY!!!!!! B)

Worse than the thorns in Illinois? :)

Wish I was there!

The burrs are called foxtails here in CA. They get into your socks at the slightest touch.

It was strange weather at GWVI. Cold (low 60s) and it rained overnight before GW.

We had 3-4 days of 100 degree weather the week before and it has rained only once since March 1 (except for Friday night).

Edited by Wacka

I just noticed everyone wearing jackets. That has got to be a first for a GW event!

El Diablo

It had rained earlier in the day. We really lucked out for the event though. Cloudy, pleasant temperature, and just a few drops here and there. Never drizzle or rain!

Awesome photos. I really want to be able to attend this next year. Did they announce where next year's will be? I might have missed a topic on this already...

Yes, it was announced. It will be in Tennessee next year.

Anybody in California interested in a road trip next year? i'm planning to leave one week ahead of time, and will take one route to GW7, and after it's over, will take another route back to California after. If anyone's interested, i'll make all the arrangements. Please email me and we'll start discussing it.

-april

I couldn't make it either, had to cancel just last week. Hopefully attendees will post some pictures and stories, I know it will be a great event.

Aww, I was hoping to meet you. Wondered why I didn't bump into you, TAR! Maybe next year? :ph34r:

Hate that I had to miss it, life intrudes. I do want to get together and will certainly be at GW7.

In the meantime share your fun by writing something about y'alls experience for The Online Geocacher Magazine!

GW6 was great fun! there was a ton of people and the stuff to buy ws amazing...the food was excellent, and the caching was plentiful...my only problem is that the previous 5 GW were held back east and in the central states....so Cali gets one...ONLY ONE! AND THEY GO NEXT YEAR TO FREAKIN TENNESSEE! OMG, WHO THE HECK PLANS THESE THINGS...okay sorrry for yelling, but come on...at least give the best coast one more to go to...it was so much fun and no way i can travel to Tennessee! Thats my beef!

WHO THE HECK PLANS THESE THINGS...

Oh yeah, I am suddenly reminded that we should probably thank the guy who came up with the whole idea to begin with. JoGPS thought up the idea and got the ball rolling for this. What a great idea it was to try to have an event to bring together "geocachers from all over". Though it started with a small number of folks meeting in Louisville (oddly, with a lot of cachers named mtn-man attending), it is amazing that his work and the work of so many people in so many great cities have made the event grow and grow each year and get better and better each year. I am glad that after four years of traveling around the country that you can bring the event idea you thought up back to your home state of Tennessee. Thanks for all you have done.

A little tribute to the first group that met that day in 2003...

1583512_200.jpg

JoGPS, hopefully you will get a chance to relax in the shade some at GW7 too. Hope to see you there buddy.

1583512_1800.jpg