Reword "Update Avatar" Instructions

russellvt

You should not need to log out and log back in to the forums in order for avatar and signature line changes to take effect. You just need to re-register through visiting the forums link page at Geocaching.com.

That would be nice, but no matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find anything to "re-register" anywhere... only pages telling me that I needed to do it (happen to have a direct link?). However, as that post indicated, logging out and back in was enough to immediately fix it.

Hence, I think it needs to be cleared up... somehow... as it wasn't terribly obvious in any case.

Correct. Clicking on the "Forums" link on Geocaching.com takes you to this page, which is where you need to be. I believe there's also links to this page from where you update your avatar and signature line.

Well, strangely enough, that didn't work for me... nothing worked for all I could search, come at it from a different direction, etc... until I logged out and back in as the post indicated.

And it still begs the point, "register" isn't listed anywhere on those pages... I understand, now, that "register" is actually geek-speak for "flag" or "push" the changes over (but I was thinking more of the whole "registration process" that forums generally need when you sign up).

At least the page should say something more clear like "click on the forums link," in my opinion. It might also add the idea "you may need to log out and back in to the forums before you see your new avatar" to the page, just to be idiot proof.