fiabus

reverse souvenirmission

1. email sent - yes, may 23

2. name recieved - yes, june 01

3. mission sent - soon still finding things

4. mission arrived -

Hard but fun!

grodan Karin

Today I got a nice package from PengoFamily but didn´t expect any trade from them. Inside was alot of goodies, nice coins, dalahorses and a swedenbracelet. The mail from Canada must be on speed or turbofuel or something, sent june 23 arrived june 27, cause I believe this is grodans reverse souvenirmission.

Thank you very much.

grodan Karin

grodan

reverse souvenirmission

3. mission sent - yes, june 22, finally

4. mission arrived - yes!! june 27

fiabus

reverse souvenirmission

3. mission sent - finally!! out in tomorrows mail, june 28

4. mission arrived -

Hard but fun!

I have had so much fun when putting these together. Trying to find related things to send or even pictures. If you are looking for things they are so hard to find and after you sent the package you can stumble over the same thing everywhere almost. B)

For fiabus mission I had a very nice helper to hand over some info, very useful. Thanks alot.

Hope you like them. :ph34r:

grodan Karin

Edited by grodan & fiabus

Reverse Souvenir Mission ~ Uno

Email Sent:

Name Received:

Mission Sent: Yes! 6/25/08 I found some things I think will work. I hope the ones who get the package like what I sent. B)

Mission Received: Yes 6/13/08. I had made no headway in solving either of my missions so I was too embarassed to open this one at the time that it arrived. Once (after receiving some excellent help & suggestions) I finally decided on just what I wanted to send, then I had to wait for said things to arrive. So once the packages were away, I finally felt free to open this intriguing package that has been sitting on my desk for :D almost two weeks, teasing me and nudging me to get a move on on my own missions. Yesterday I opened it but when I saw what was inside I decided to wait until tonight to post some pictures. See, once I understood just what I had, I had to wait until my 10 yr old son was away at his Dads for the evening. I'm not letting him anywhere near this wonderful gift!

Mission004sm.jpgMission002sm.jpg

So in addition to sending me this hard to find, very collectable Lego set of the Spirit of St Louis, Team Van Stoffelen sent me a Nomad, The Netherlands Geocoin, a Star Craze, Venus Geocoin, a 5 Oakbucks coin and a Team Van Stoffelen trackable token of a type I have never seen before. Thank you so very much, Team Van Stoffelen! You did a great job researching St. Louis! I love the Lego Spirit of St. Louis. It's awesome! I'm not sharing this one with Ian (my son). I hope you like what I sent you... :ph34r:

Reverse Souvenir Mission ~ Dos

Email Sent:

Name Received:

Mission Sent: Yes! 6/25/08 I found some things I think will work. I hope the ones who get the package like what I sent. B)

Mission Received:

CF30

grodan

reverse souvenirmission

3. mission sent - yes, june 22, finally

4. mission arrived - yes!! june 27

fiabus

reverse souvenirmission

3. mission sent - finally!! in the mailbox june 28

4. mission arrived -

Hard but fun!

grodan Karin

I have never done a "mission" and have no idea what is involved. I like the idea, however, of learning about different places. If no one minds me asking bunches of questions about what I'm supposed to be doing I would like to join in.

1. email sent - May 24th

2. name received - June 1st

3. mission sent - June 27th

4. mission arrived -

I'm excited! I think there will be no problem with my little town but you could also look for Myrtle Beach or Horry County.

Sorry I took so long but someone in the United Kingdom has a package on the way. I hope you enjoy!

Yea!!! We received our mission today from Team Hvilan in Sweden:) You all did a wonderful job of capturing the Newport News, Virginia USA area. It was a job well done for your first mission:) And yes, we do have a whole lot of fishing possibilities in this area. As a matter of fact we have the James River pier only about a mile or so from our house where you can fish right out of the James River but would you believe I have never been on it to fish. It used to be a part of the old James River Bridge that they left for fishing but I have only been on it when it was actually the bridge. I would go fishing more myself but Chip is not really into it so we have never been. His parents even live on a lake and his brother in law goes fishing in a boat on the lake all the time but we have never been with him either, go figure?

We received a place mat? or some kind of tapestry (not real sure what it is made for but we will probably use it on one of our tables) made of a denim material with sailboats on it (very pretty), a note holder with a dala horse in the bottom (that will come in handy since I keep a lot of notes thrown around my computer), some beautiful stickers of seashells, transfers of lighthouses, sealife and a moose, and an anchor stamp for scrapbooking (how did you know I had a scrapbook I am working on?), also a large cat paper clip (that will also come in handy for keeping notes together), we also got a mini penguin figure (not pictured because Chip snatched that up and added it to his collection before I could barely see it, lol) a very special Beaver Dude hockey puck micro coin and a wonderful Sameland 2008 coin. You can tell 6 yr old Benjamin that he did a wonderful job picking out the items for this mission, we love it all especially his favorite hockey puck coin, we feel honored to have received it. Please tell him thank you and give him a big hug from us:) Thank you all for a wonderful mission package ;)

1ReverseMission.jpg

1. email sent - yes, may 23th

2. name recieved - yes, june 1st

3. mission sent - yes, june 6th

4. mission arrived - TODAY

Today I received a wonderfull package from Crowesfeat30. She did some nice investigation about my home town Delfzijl and the Netherlands. Don't know how she knew it, but i do love Droste chocolate and i do love Caramel wafers (better known here as Stroopwafels).

In the package were a quite few nice coins. From the Win one of Yáahl's Feathers Cointest I received a beautifll feather, but there was more. A Crowesfeat30 Personal Geocoin, a Geotag Strider Geocoin, a little Rody 2008 Geocoin. And on top of that all a orange (the dutch color) carabiner hook, and a book from Georges Simenon who visited Delfzijl and wrote a book about Maigret visiting Delfzijl. And let now forget the really funny creature. It's all great!

GIFT.jpg

I have never done a "mission" and have no idea what is involved. I like the idea, however, of learning about different places. If no one minds me asking bunches of questions about what I'm supposed to be doing I would like to join in.

1. email sent - May 24th

2. name received - June 1st

3. mission sent - June 27th

4. mission arrived -

I'm excited! I think there will be no problem with my little town but you could also look for Myrtle Beach or Horry County.

Sorry I took so long but someone in the United Kingdom has a package on the way. I hope you enjoy!

we enjoy!!!!!

thanks for the great package loved the flag towel , cache is great I have a spot in mind for that - mind you Im not sure the younger boy will give me back the key ring ones!!!!

The fish mobile had a bit of an accidnt on the way over but will go into our bathroom when re strung!

Deaf awareness coin, pathtag and badge - all in all wonderful!

Thanks

Bob (JNPB)

cachecontents.jpg

WOW - I can't believe the package got from Baltimore to the UK in 4 days. I was visiting family in MD when I sent it. If I had mailed it from SC you might have seen it by Christmas!! Hope the river comparison and focus were on target. I enjoyed learning about Chester. It looks beautiful.

Thanks for this great introduction to missions. I have already join another one - birthday related - but have to wait til October for that one.

I really enjoyed the whole process - from learning about other places and thinking what someone I have never met might like, seeing what people sent, reading about why they sent what they did. I am looking forward to the conclusion - the arrival of a package at my front door (no rush whoever is working on it, promise) and hope that whoever has my name has had fun learning about my little town which, as our T-shirts say is a "Quaint little drinking village with a fishing problem."

Thanks for all the fun.

I am still waiting for one item to come in the mail. As soon as it arrives I will put it in the box with the other stuff and it will be on it's way across the pond. Sorry it is taking soooooo long!

I, too, am waiting for a delivery. Must be a Jersey thing! I have everything else for my mission. Hopefully, I will have it out by Monday!

I received a big heavy package today from Maine. Hollora sent a Roadrunner/Moose Mob coin that was on my seeking list, along with her very cute pathtag. Souvenirs included a pair of historical postcards from Scottsdale, as well as a History of Scottsdale book (signed by the author!) which I am sure I will learn a lot from, since I am a transplant here.

bdaad320-b6d6-4610-8e42-f1fa63eb40d2.jpg

Many thanks, Hollora!

WOW!! We received a HUGE package from grodan&fiabus on Monday and were overwhelmed by the contents. Our GeoKids had a great time checking everything closely and I enjoyed reading the notes which drew the connections between Sweden and Canada (Calgary). Karin and Bjorn obviously put a lot of time and effort into assembling the contents for our special package. Thank you so much!

e861e1cc-5a6a-480c-8986-77151581448e.jpg

Sorry for the less than stellar photo - some lighting challenges with this one. Please note the Lego sets, some hockey-related stuff, the polar bear postcards and teddy, the (hard to spot) Atlantic Geocachers "First Cache in Canada" geocoin, Calgary stampede-related items, etc.......

Glad you liked it. I had so much fun when putting this together. So hard to find a toypolarbear in small size, or even to find any. This was for sure a fun mission. Now let me hope my other mission will find its way also.

Sorry for the coin, I wanted it to be a coin you didn´t have but when I looked in your lists the first time i had the wrong name of the ccoin. Sorry. You can trade it or give it in another mission or what you like.

Have a nice summer!!

grodan Karin

1. email sent - yes

2. name recieved - yes

3. mission sent - yes, finally!!

4. mission arrived - yes!

Got my mission in... it's GREAT!!! I'll post pictures later today.

Finally got my package off to New Zeland, after real life attempted to thwart me at every turn! This was a fun mission (my first!). ;)

1. email sent - yes, May 29

2. name received -June 1

3. mission sent -June 11

4. mission arrived -Sometime between 15 June and 1 July!

Thanks Flipper&Co! Lots of neat stuff in the package. It was funny to get a Roo Penny, as those are what we use as our signature item as well! (Seeing as we live in Florida, how did I ever end up with enough of them to hand them out in caches? Only a select few know...)

I'll try to get a photo up in a few days. (I've got over a thousand vacation photos to clean off the camera from the past few week!)

Thanks SO much to Elle77 for the fun package all the way from Stockholm, Sweden!! Your personal geocoin is great, and the nerd was a super-fun bonus!! Loved all the little tidbits from the parrot (which is missing from this picture) to the Texas Hold 'em game & all the fun stickers & such. What a great, fun first mission for me!! Here is a picture of the package (minus plastic parrot which has found a home on top of my computer & forgot to fly down for this picture). ;)

reverse.jpg

My mission has been sent, I accidentally put in two coins, was thinking of another mission due these days while wrapping everything up. Well... someone may be happy about them ;)

To give some hints who it may be:

It´s near a boarder to another country...

It´s in Northern America...

It´s a cacher from a town that relates to at least one famous book B)

Have fun

Tschakko

My mission has been sent, I accidentally put in two coins, was thinking of another mission due these days while wrapping everything up. Well... someone may be happy about them ;)

It´s a cacher from a town that relates to at least one famous book B)

Have fun

Tschakko

hmmmm.....I wonder?????

GEO*Trailblazer 1

1.E-mail sent:YES 5-23-2008

2. Name received 6-1-2008

3. Mission sent 6-3-2008

4. Mission arrived - 7-1-2008

TIGGR

1.E-mail sent:YES 5-23-2008

2. Name received 6-1-2008

3. Mission sent 6-3-2008

4. Mission arrived - 6-2?-2008

My part of the mission arrived last week but was slow on getting in and updating.

52f2a83a-1cae-491b-958b-d6ec57f118ab.jpg

Thank you Mrs. B. from Mrs. B.

This is also my first mission GEO* has been studying about the area and say's you have some neat runestones in Cornwall.

Probably go with that castle.

I will keep the golf course ;) for a great surprise here it is great.

Yes Roaring River is the best trout fishing in the whole area and the flies will be used there for sure.

How did you know GEO* needed new shoe strings?

Those came in handy as well.

We both love the Cornwall Geocoin it is awesome.

You did a great job thank you for joining the mission.

Tiggr

I too am late getting this posted lightning hit the modem and router.

But we are back up now.

A package arrived last week and it was from Heidelberg Germany from R.S.

I collect postage stickers as well as many other things.

33d0f640-0725-470c-8749-d610b19e1f6f.jpg

Thanks you hit me right on the nail...head.

I love that type music and the geocoin is awesome.

I hope all is well as well celebrate our Independence Day.

HAPPY...................................................GEOTRAILS

My mission has been sent, I accidentally put in two coins, was thinking of another mission due these days while wrapping everything up. Well... someone may be happy about them :)

It´s a cacher from a town that relates to at least one famous book :)

Have fun

Tschakko

hmmmm.....I wonder?????

:)

Just got message, that at something that could be my mission arrived, can´t wait to get home and open it :D

Email sent - check

Name received - check

Mission sent - check 7-3-08

Mission received - check 7-2-08

Ours went out, a little late, but it went! We have had a blast on this one. This has been our first mission and we hope we did well.

We also received our package the other day, and I dont know how they did it, but I was amazed on the info they had found on us, LOL. Great job, never thought I'd hear from the Ram again as we have moved. What memories I had of my HSchool years, thanks for bringing that back. We loved it all, job well done. We will try to get a few picks together and posted. This couldnt have come at a better time as things have been a little bleak at the very least, so Thank you very much.

Email sent - check

Name received - check

Mission sent - check 7-3-08

Mission received - check 7-2-08

Ours went out, a little late, but it went! We have had a blast on this one. This has been our first mission and we hope we did well.

We also received our package the other day, and I dont know how they did it, but I was amazed on the info they had found on us, LOL. Great job, never thought I'd hear from the Ram again as we have moved. What memories I had of my HSchool years, thanks for bringing that back. We loved it all, job well done. We will try to get a few picks together and posted. This couldnt have come at a better time as things have been a little bleak at the very least, so Thank you very much.

I live in North Wales and sheep are a national type emblem - but could I find a ram - tried in 3 towns and not one so ended up with a "classy" plate thing.

Glad you like it.

If you will post reunion photos be aware I will find them :)

I live in North Wales and sheep are a national type emblem - but could I find a ram - tried in 3 towns and not one so ended up with a "classy" plate thing.

Glad you like it.

If you will post reunion photos be aware I will find them :)

I did a search and yup there they are, good lord I've aged, LOL. I didnt even know those had been posted.

Hi Spookies, glad you liked our mission, we used a different bent, you could say on this one, looked at your town and tried to relate it somehow to ours, which is why the stuff from "Glenelg" as it is the founding place of South Australia, of sorts. It was a lot harder because of the broken foot. We also sent the penny and half penny as you have one as your avatar. Would like to know how you have so many to put in caches. We have started a few with coins and pennies which are left from Gayle's dad's collection, nothing special just a few old pennies etc, just because we like to travel and odd coins are always in the bottom of the bag when you get back home. Some do get fished out when heading off again :) Glad to share a part of our bit of the world with you. :)

Cheers from the Flippers

Gayle & Mark

1) e-mail send yep 24-05

2) name recieved yep 01-06

3) mission send yep 27-06

4) mission recieved yep 05-07

my mission arrived today and it is a very very beautiful one

look what was in it

ac3a2481-8b99-4122-8b98-395f7e60b764.jpg

a lot from PHILIPS a real BASEBALL CARD from RICK van den BURG and 1 TOUR de CACHE coin and 1 JERSEY DEVIL coin.

THANK YOU NIK I REALLY LOVE IT

Oh dear, Oh Dear.

Bob if i try to shoot you i will not miss!!! :D

This has been one hell of a task of a mission. :D

finding information on my persons area wasn't too bad but trying to link it in to my area or things that i could get my hands on was hellish... i can say that i don't think i have met the criteria for this mission :D but my person will be receving a box filled with random goodies...

Note to Self: next time J&TPB's are doing a mission sit it out :D

Mission being packaged now and will be posted tomorrow!!!

Mine has not arrived yet and i hope my person is not struggling like me!!

thankyoupen.gif to grodan & fiabus for my awesome Reverse Souvenir Mission. This morning a large packet arrived in the mail - all the way from Sweden! :D When I opened it up it was jammed packed with wonderful things. GEDC0439.jpg Karin and Bjorn learned a lot about my hometown. Wow - I got two very nice coins for my collection - a Cacher on Board (for when my Granddaughter Amara travels with me) and a very nice Sweden coin. Then the fun goodies........A small stuffed moose, nice pin of the US flag and Swedish flag (that will go on my caching bag), a little Sweden flag on a pick, some gum (for Spruce Gum - nice research), a golfing keychain for the golf courses near me, a Lovin' it banner, a very sweet wooden boat (and I live near the location of where there was a boat yard in the 1800s), some neat decals and stickers for scrapbooking, lots of neat postcards with very nice notes as well as the logo of my Granddaughter's Penobscot Nation (how thoughtful). It is clear you learned a lot about where I live - right down to the making of bricks (and my Dad worked in the brick factory when he was in high school). My husband especially liked the picture you printed and framed. Thank you very much! This was awesome!

:):DB) Today when I came home from work there was a package waiting for me from The Wolf Pack!!

Wow there was five papers with info about Stockholm!! Some of the info you found I never heard before. GREAT JOB!!! And how did you manage to send Swedish keychains? :( I really loved everything you sent, THANK YOU!!!!! Thanks for the coins, I really like them and the butterfly covers they came in.

dae8b8f6-e0c7-4119-93c7-ffe6b8244046.jpg

a59f680b-7cc3-4e31-acc7-95517d9e2986.jpg

THANK YOU "THE WOLF PACK" !!! You made my day!

WooHoo! I received a shoebox in the mail today and had to sign for it, hmmm....I think it may be my birthday mission, am I right?? Maybe it is my reverse mission?? Whoever with this name of Stefan is the person who sent it is from Germany. I have not opened yet as I am going to wait till my Birthday on the 15th to open it. 8 days to go. I have lots of patience. Only thing tho, then the mail carrier handed me the package it sounds like something in there is broken. OOH I hope not, but I will see in time. I wanted to write a note here and thank You whoever you are and let you know that the package was received here in Wisconsin.

Valarie of sweetlife :(

Reverse Souvenir Mission ~ Uno

Email Sent:

Name Received:

Mission Sent: Yes! 6/25/08

Mission Received: Yes 6/13/08. Thank you! :)

Reverse Souvenir Mission ~ Dos

Email Sent:

Name Received:

Mission Sent: Yes! 6/25/08 Should have gotten there by now.... I think.... I hope..... :(

Mission Received: :D No, not yet... B)

CF30

:D:D:D This is the look of the three members in team hvilan when we opened our package from crowfeet!

You have done a wonderful job! You´ve managed to find so many things that are typical for Sweden! The ballerina biscuits also happens to be the favourite one

for all three of us!! Yummie!! So many beautiful coins was a very pleasant surprice!! The feather was special…very nice. Your personal coins was very nicely made.

So beautiful! And the flowercoin was grabbed by Rebecca, our youngest member, right away. It is shining in her box right now. :P

The fun pencil who had the Swedish colours is dancing on our table now… :ph34r:

I have promised to read the book about the pig who was on the ship of Vasa (I´m so impressed that you found a book about that??!!)

This was a very very fun and well done job!! We really enjoyed this one!!! THANKYOU!!!!!!!!

Lots of hugs from Team Hvilan

5938a2b5-f611-44fa-8e8b-fe9f87c0fe93.jpg

All the nice things

0af45a6b-ecc2-478f-907e-afb8646134e7.jpg

One of the most beautiful coins we´ve seeeeeen!!!!

Edited by Team Hvilan

Oh good! I'm so glad it made it. :( Looks like your daughters are of an age to enjoy the book. I didn't know weather you had small children or not but the book was so cute I couldn't resist. :) This was a fun -tho dificult - mission! :) I'm glad I didn't fail miserably as I had feared I would. :sad:

CF30

Mission One

Email Sent: √

Name Received: √

Mission Sent: √

Mission Received: √ Thanks!

Mission Two

Email Sent: √

Name Received: √

Mission Sent: √

Mission Received:√ Thanks!

Looks like I sent my second mission to the same person who sent me a mission!!! :sad::)

Thankyou Dark Onyx - I especially like the way you put the facts on the photo of Kingston Beach!

We havent received either one of our missions yet, one we know that it is on the way :) tho.

We seen one person received our mission but no note here that the other people received theirs. Hope it arrived safe and sound to the other.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

:P I'm shocked and awed by the mission that I received today! :( I don't know who my mission is from, but I'm going to guess Toojin because I got Idaho Chocolate River Rocks. :P Imagine my jaw dropping as I discovered the contents of my package:

1. A little lion finger puppet for the Brooks Lions (the local high school).
  2. A fish notepad with the note "Good fishing in Wheeler Lake."
  3. A Wilson wrist band--"I went a little Lake 'Wilson' crazy."
  4. Idaho Chocolate River Rocks--"Rocks for your Tennessee River?"
  5. Silver Buffalo Wings geocoin
  6. Bison Vinyl Decal
  7. Bison Money from Russia maybe?
  8. Vintage Wilson Dam Postcard
  9. Maximumly cool Bison notecard
  10. Indy Diver v.2 geocoin with note--"This is a coin (from a long time cacher) that some people seek. Maybe you can trade for something good?"

As to that last question, um, no, I don't think I'll be trading it for something "good!" :PB):(:P

Here are the pics, and THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

Indy Diver v.2

ShootMeMission2copy.jpg

Everything!

ShootMeMissioncopy.jpg

Cool Bison Money

ShootMeMissionBisonMoneycopy.jpg

* Indy Diver v.2 geocoin with note--"This is a coin (from a long time cacher) that some people seek. Maybe you can trade for something good?"

As to that last question, um, no, I don't think I'll be trading it for something "good!" :P:(:P:(

Here are the pics, and THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

Indy Diver v.2

ShootMeMission2copy.jpg

ummmm yeah, you guessed correctly... I couldn't resist including the river rocks that gave me away...

And I'm glad you got the joke about the Indy Diver coin... It is a precious precious coin but its not trackable so many people would not value it as a geocoin.

I'm really glad you liked your package !!