MISSION: I said Shoot me if I mentioned another mission

Hey I never offered an easy mission!!!! Mind you I have learned so much especially as I have swopped several times to ease the mission!!! I swopped an Idaho one after discovering they had no interstate between the two main towns (Couldn't get that in the envelope :lol: )

I have contemplated a horse cause one of mine is definately a one horse town!!!!! :lol:

Actually there is no time limit placed - one of mine I won the "Souvenir" last night on E Bay and it has to get to me and the other one :rolleyes: It's getting to be something to do with the people not the place as I cannot get the horse in the padded envelope!!!!!

Good Luck all

Bob

PS if you have difficulty with me I originally come from

Faberstown

At the beginning of the 20th century, a local MP, Walter Faber, began building to the East of the town, actually in Hampshire. This settlement became known as Faberstown. By 1970, Ludgershall and Faberstown were in essence a single village, although in separate counties. A boundary change in 1992 took the entire village into Wiltshire.

and No it is not missing it's village idiot!!!!

Flipper's are hunting, and have some ideas, but it may be a bit slower getting out in the post, Gayle (main souvineer shopper) had a slight mishap at work today, and has a broken foot!! Plaster cast to be installed tomorrow!! ouch.. 6 weeks in plaster, hope it is no longer, we have 8 weeks to our wedding, and 10 weeks till we head off to England, Europe and other parts.

cheers

Gayle & Mark

Ours won't be in the mail until mid month. Our daughter just had Grandbaby #2, I am going to stay with her for a week to help out. We are actually doing pretty well on this mission, waiting for an item on one...still doing a bit of research on the other. I think we are being creative, I hope our mission people think so too!

LOL, I'm treating my mission like I was doing a book report back in school. Trying to find the similarities between my city and theirs. I find myself kind of enjoying it actually. When I was in school I didn't have the computer to do reports so it makes it much easier now:) It will take some time but I'm studying hard, lol.

Finally found a very interesting item for my mission. It is now on order and I am waiting for it to be shipped and arrive.......now, to select a wonderful coin.......and get this all packed. Certainy not an easy mission but fun. I am sure it will be worth the wait for everyone.

And for anyone who has me ~ my little town is near Bangor and Brewer Maine.

I haven't done so much studying since nursing school. But I'm getting there. I like the idea of connecting the other persons town with mine. I look into that some more. I also want to add a "trinket" from my own VERY tourist town. We'll see what I can come up with. Wont be long, I promise.

I have found some fun and nice things to both missions, now I have to wait for the coins to arrive. And go shopping :wub: .

Mission one is not that hard, just trouble finding the things I want. Mission nr 2 is harder but I have some ideas had to widen the area then it became a little easier.

It may still take some time but I will get them out as soon as I can.

To find things for us you may also search for Sälen, Dalarna. We live in Gothenburg but I´m born in Dalarna and goes there as often as I can. My parents still live there.

So Gothenburg and Dalarna is good to go with for the ones sending to us.

grodan

HELP! HELP! HELP! I am so going to fail at this mission! (Not that I want to, but that I am totally lost as to what to do!) I'm miffed! Can someone email me and give me some type of guidance? I would bother Bob, but I've done that too many times already. ;):o Any help would be appreciated. Any ideas would be grand! So sorry for my ignorance. ;)

Got the coins that will go into the missions.

This is a tricky mission! I have done it this way, hop it is ok, I have looked at the similarities of our towns, do they have a famous museum, well maybe we do to. Do they have famous sports, maybe we have in our town too. Are their town wellknown for a certain animal, music, folklore, etc, etc well maybe there is something there to find.

Then some things are more connected to the receivers as to their town but I couldn´t resist. :o

I´m putting small notes on the things with an explanation of my thoughts of sending this item, some are longshots but still.

Hope this is a little help and if anyone thinks I´m completely lost, please say so.

Missions still not ready, have to do some shopping and thinking.

grodan Karin

I´m putting small notes on the things with an explanation of my thoughts of sending this item, some are longshots but still.

grodan Karin

Well, some of my ideas are very long shots lol. I'm going to be doing this too.....because without it I think my "person" might be completely baffled! ;)

Still waiting for a little item to come in the post to put in with what I'm sending.....hope it doesn't take too long.

Ali :o

HELP! HELP! HELP! I am so going to fail at this mission! (Not that I want to, but that I am totally lost as to what to do!) I'm miffed! Can someone email me and give me some type of guidance? I would bother Bob, but I've done that too many times already. ;);) Any help would be appreciated. Any ideas would be grand! So sorry for my ignorance. :o

Email sent today.

grodan Karin

Well, some of my ideas are very long shots lol. I'm going to be doing this too.....because without it I think my "person" might be completely baffled! ;)

Still waiting for a little item to come in the post to put in with what I'm sending.....hope it doesn't take too long.

Ali :o

Yeah we'll be doing the same thing lol!

HELP! HELP! HELP! I am so going to fail at this mission! (Not that I want to, but that I am totally lost as to what to do!) I'm miffed! Can someone email me and give me some type of guidance? I would bother Bob, but I've done that too many times already. ;);) Any help would be appreciated. Any ideas would be grand! So sorry for my ignorance. :o

many say Im bothered anyway - have sent you a few ideas

my missions have crippled my geocoin budget this month = cost me over $20 to post two this morning!!!! :D

shame it is my mission cause otherwise I'd go on about how much I have enjoyed it!!! :D

bob

1. Email sent - Yes

2. Name received - June 1st

3. Mission sent - Research done, waiting for items to arrive

4. Mission arrived - Yes, June 10th

Wow, that was incredibly fast!

Thank you, TIGGR for a Cape Hatteras Lighthouse Coin!

Unfortunately German customs blighted the nice envelope with a green sticker :o

HELP! HELP! HELP! I am so going to fail at this mission! (Not that I want to, but that I am totally lost as to what to do!) I'm miffed! Can someone email me and give me some type of guidance? I would bother Bob, but I've done that too many times already. :D:o Any help would be appreciated. Any ideas would be grand! So sorry for my ignorance. ;)

many say Im bothered anyway - have sent you a few ideas

my missions have crippled my geocoin budget this month = cost me over $20 to post two this morning!!!! ;)

shame it is my mission cause otherwise I'd go on about how much I have enjoyed it!!! :D

bob

I sent an email to you too, hopefully it will help?

Oh i feel the pain.

i used to live in a Village with 2500 of a population, my recipient's town has 860 :lol: .

Have managed to like some of the features of the area and send local items that are related.

One item will need to wait until the weekend and the coin is in the mail on it's way to me. it was only 1 coin wasn't it??

right, i'm off to finish my homework now. :huh:

breath deeply and if in doubt send chocolate it is guareteed to get a good response. :lol::huh:

Ljay

Plan A turned out to not be available. :D It's just not the season for those items.

Plan B turned out to be too expensive. :D

Plan C is in the works...1 of 4 items found...I'll call it good if I can get 3 of the 4 items... :D

Plan C is indeed working for me. I've got 3 of my 4 planned items. Now just another day to look for the 4th item, then it's off to the Post Office!

Explanation notes will be included, of course! :D

Oh my giddy Aunt, I've just been through all the posts and see I haven't posted anything. So sorry.

Participating Yes

Name Received Yes and research complete - just need to go get what I gotta get

Sent - not yet gotta go get stuff

Received - not yet, I hope I don't get a tinned Haggis :D:D

Should be ready to ship out soon.

Received - not yet, I hope I don't get a tinned Haggis :D:D

:sunsure: Oooops

Well if a tinned Haggis is coming, I just hope it is a boned one, it takes ages deboning a Haggis. :P

its the shorter legs on the lefthand side that are such a problem I know

Haggis 1373.gif

The easiest thing is just to not debone it. The fur is what i struggle with getting rid of and have found that the best way to cook it is on the BBQ. :rolleyes:

Use a set of tongs to singe the hair off over the BBQ then wrap in Tin foil and cook for about 30 mins in the coals. :D:D

Yummy, i'm hoping Big Rab has some for the Glendaruel Camping event this weekend.

On another note, i know what i want to get for my mission now i just need to find it and i am still waiting on the coin to arrive will post.

Ljay :laughing:

We are hoping to get to a location on Sunday to get "stuff" to go in our mission. Gayle's foot plaster was turned into a moon boot on Friday, so although slow going, walking is easier than crutch hopping. If we can get what we need, it can be packed up, and it will be Mark's task to do the posting :D

cheers from the Flipper's

Gayle & Mark

I am STILL waiting for my geocoins...

I thought I had one that was unactivated, but it turns out that I didn't...

So I ordered a few new and will be sending out an even better one than before!!! May take a week or two though....

I am surprised at the things that I can find at the Boardwalk that may match my mission receiver!!!

One of my missions arrived - I think... I am too embarassed to open it to find out. I have had abysmal luck with the ones I'm supposed to send out. :ph34r: Need suggestions for Hägersten, Sweden and Delfzijl, The Netherlands. PLEASE!!! I guess I'm just not clever enough.......... ;)

CF30

Runestones.

SWEDISH RUNESTONES

RUNESTONE WIKI

NORDIC RUNES

I been doing some research in that region myself.

Maybe you could do a crytogram in Runic form.

One of my missions arrived - I think... I am too embarassed to open it to find out. I have had abysmal luck with the ones I'm supposed to send out. ;) Need suggestions for Hägersten, Sweden and Delfzijl, The Netherlands. PLEASE!!! I guess I'm just not clever enough.......... :)

CF30

I have PM'd you with a few ideas mind you it might cost you a feather :ph34r:

Bob

I was trying SO hard to get my mission in the mail today (it's my first mission; took awhile to figure out what to send!)... but it just didn't make it before the post office closed. Heading out-of-town on vacation, so won't be able to send it out until I'm back in a week... sorry!! If you're in New Zealand, this may be you... expect a delay. :ph34r:

I'll put something extra in for the slowness! ;)

Need suggestions for Hägersten, Sweden and Delfzijl, The Netherlands. PLEASE!!!

Just expand the search. If Delfzijl :ph34r: doesn't ring any bells then go for the province of Groningen. If that doesn't work either, go fot the whole Netherlands. If that ain't gonna work either, then go for Europa. You might end up right into your back garden. I really do think you are smart enough to come to an/any idea. Suprise me. And believe me... i know that if research doesn't work out here, making associations will.

Greetings, Team Van Stoffelen

Today has been a good souvenir shopping day. I found a couple of things to send for both my missions. But it is hard to find some specials when you are searching, when you don´t look for them or already bought it , then you find things. ;)

I have one particular thing I would like to send for grodans mission but I think I have to give up. I´ll just write notes on the things I have and try to mail it this weekend. I´ll try to explain my thoughts. :ph34r::)

For fiabus mission is little harder to find what I want, have to write notes there too. :)

Still gonna take some time so be patient.

grodan Karin

I've been very busy lately, so I haven't had time to post and thank several people who have helped me tremendously! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! All of you have given me great ideas and I am very excited about putting this mission together. Having said that, my mission is just now beginning and it will take me a while to figure out how to put the pieces together.

I was very lost in the beginning, but thanks to the wonderful geocachers who responded to my woeful pleas, I have many directions in which to go! I will mention all of your names after I get my mission out. I just don't want to give anyone a heads up on who my mission is going out to-if you know what I mean.

To the recipient of this mission, please bear with me as I get this mission together. It may take me a while because I am just beginning my search.[:blink:

I received my package in the mail on Friday. Not sure if I should open it since I haven't sent mine yet (still waiting for a few more things to arrive) but heck the suspense killed me and I opened it.

Bob was my sender and he did some research! no, there was no horse in the package but I am not sure Delanco could handle being a two horse town anyway! He even enclosed a few things for my daughter that made her day!

Thanks bob for the great coins and for the great scout stuff, the jersey pound, the mints (don't they have sugar in England?? :blink: ) and the stuff for Shelby too!

I will be sending my package out this week and although it is tough to find anything a one horse town and a 4 century old town with castles has in common I think I am doing ok!

This mission was fun thanks for organizing it!