MISSION: I said Shoot me if I mentioned another mission

Well with the success of the Souvenir Mission I have been thinking – dangerous I know!! Some of this was because I read Trenton NS as Trenton NJ – I didn’t realise that there was a Trenton in Novia Scotia :) . I then realised I knew very little about the places I send coins to

Maybe we should have a more complicated Mission. Instead of sending something from where we live, why not send something that links with where we are sending it to. This would mean that we would have to research the area we are sending to. I have thought about this a bit and my knowledge of American Geography and History is fairly scant – It is mainly influenced by Music and popular culture.

I am sure these are unfair but my thoughts on three states are

Alabama sounds wonderful (Sweet Home Alabama, Alabama Mud Pie) ;)

Maryland – after listening to Hattie Carroll by Dylan I realise my opinion is probably negative, mind you a town called Boring is pretty funny – welcome to the Boring Methodist Church!! :unsure:

Delaware – According to Bill Bryson “For a while it troubled me that I could live in America for twenty years, have the benefit of an expensive education and not know anything at all about one of the fifty states. I went around asking people if they had ever heard Delaware mentioned on television or seen a story pertaining to it in the newspaper or read a novel set there and they'd say, "You know, I don't think I ever have," and then they'd look kind of troubled too……And the funny thing was that as I drove across Delaware now I could feel it vanishing from my memory as I went, like those children's drawing slates on which you erase the picture by lifting the transparent sheet. It was as if a giant sheet were being lifted up behind me as I drove, expunging

the experience as it unfolded” :D

If I think about other states I am sure I have equally unfair pictures (Iowa's main attraction is escalators?)

So here is the deal

All those interested in doing this, needs to contact me by 1st of May 1st of June - sorry.

I will then issue names and addresses

You select a coin to send to your mission

You must then find something that links to the place you are sending to and include it with the mission

Example 1

If the coiner lives in Frederick MD, I would need to research the area I could then consider the following issues

Solar Panels, Civil War, Mining, Irish immigration, Barbara Frietchie, Clustered Spires skyline

Now for me the easiest thing to select would be Irish immigration as I live within 25 miles of Liverpool the major port for potato famine refugees. Another option would be the spires as I used to live in Oxford (city of dreaming spires). I purchase something on the famine emigration and add to the coin

Example 2

If the coiner lives in Stratjara, Sweden, I might find little about Stratjara just a very small town so I would need to look at the area - Söderhamn or Sweden itself – I won’t provide all the answers for this one the fun of this mission is in the research!!!

I don’t believe this will be an easy mission but I do believe we will learn a lot about one another.

:D

Edited by Jan and the Percey Boys

Email sent for two missions.

:grin:

grodan

reverse souvenirmission

1. email sent - yes, may 23

2. name recieved -

3. mission sent -

4. mission arrived -

fiabus

reverse souvenirmission

2. name recieved -

3. mission sent -

4. mission arrived -

Thank you for holding this mission.

grodan Karin

I was the address read wrong I got to play now lol :grin::huh:

I'm in lol

Email to follow...

Trenton is a town located in Pictou County, Nova Scotia. As of 2001, the population was 2,798.

Adjacent and to the north of the larger town of New Glasgow, Trenton is the industrial centre of the area and is home to TrentonWorks Ltd., a large railway car manufacturing company, as well as a Nova Scotia Power generating station. It was announced on April 5th, 2007 that the TrentonWorks plant will be shut down for good.[1]

The Trenton Forge, located on the TrentonWorks property dates to the 1870s and is one of the largest forges in the world. The town is the birthplace of the steel industry in Canada. At one time, Trenton also hosted a glass works and paint plant.

:(

I haven't done one of these missions before so I'm not quite clear what's involved: When you say "You select a coin to send to your mission" does that mean I'll need to send a new, unactivated geocoin to someone chosen at random by you, or do I have to activate a new geocoin with its mission to reach somebody, somewhere, selected by you?

MrsB :grin:

I'm guessing it's the 1st June :(

I'm in for two missions...but can I make a stipulation?? No Tasmanian Devils!!! :D

Can we send you a few convicts :D:grin:

But of course! :huh: Our prisons cant even hold wind anymore, but that's ok, we are used to them escaping.... :huh:

f8b90585-ca74-4445-941a-580d81c82ed7.jpg

Edited by Cheesy pigs

Count us in for two missions, This shall be alot of fun for us.

Valarie aka sweetlife

2. name recieved -

3. mission sent -

4. mission arrived -

Barry aka sweetlife

2. name recieved -

3. mission sent -

4. mission arrived -

Let the fun begin, it is been awhile since we been in a mission.

Barry and Valarie

sweetlife

Edited by sweetlife

Well, Bob, are you a glutton for punishment :rolleyes: or have you lost your mind? ;)

The last mission you did was so much fun, so I'm signing up again. . .i.e. following in your footsteps (see above) :mad::P:P I'm looking forward to it!

Of course it is fraught with anxieties of the unknown and am I smart enough to figure it out! ;)

Reverse Souvenir Mission

1. email sent - yes, may 24

2. name received -

3. mission sent -

4. mission arrived

Well, Bob, are you a glutton for punishment :rolleyes: or have you lost your mind? :P

Well I just woke up as I have got this really bad chest infection which seems to make me sleep most of the day and find I have started a new coin mission ;):mad:;)

oh well twill be fun..

The list so far is

The wolf pack

Gipsie

GeoKs

Ljay

Tooey

Cheesy pigs

Cheesy pigs

Team Flipper

mousekakat

grodan

fiabus

Nochipra

Whitby

Bluemotmot

schakko

The Blorenges

Plnauta

Team Van Stoffelen

GEO*Trailblazer 1

TIGGR

Dorsetgal & GeoDog

Night Hunter

southpawaz

sweetlife

sweetlife

Rozecki

Krazytrollz

Geo-Gophers

Lorca.nl

degai

Team Ekitt10

Crowesfeat30

Crowesfeat30

and some of these are new to missions - which I think is greaat

Bob

ps if you are not on the list please contact me again

Thanks for doing this. If you are not feeling well and need to postpone I'm sure we will understand. I'm not feeling well myself with a bad cold.

Well, Bob, are you a glutton for punishment :rolleyes: or have you lost your mind? :P

Well I just woke up as I have got this really bad chest infection which seems to make me sleep most of the day and find I have started a new coin mission ;):mad:;)

oh well twill be fun..

The list so far is

The wolf pack

Gipsie

GeoKs

Ljay

Tooey

Cheesy pigs

Cheesy pigs

Team Flipper

mousekakat

grodan

fiabus

Nochipra

Whitby

Bluemotmot

schakko

The Blorenges

Plnauta

Team Van Stoffelen

GEO*Trailblazer 1

TIGGR

Dorsetgal & GeoDog

Night Hunter

southpawaz

sweetlife

sweetlife

Rozecki

Krazytrollz

Geo-Gophers

Lorca.nl

degai

Team Ekitt10

Crowesfeat30

Crowesfeat30

and some of these are new to missions - which I think is greaat

Bob

ps if you are not on the list please contact me again

I have never done a "mission" and have no idea what is involved. I like the idea, however, of learning about different places. If no one minds me asking bunches of questions about what I'm supposed to be doing I would like to join in.

1. email sent - May 24th

2. name received -

3. mission sent -

4. mission arrived -

Edited by sleepyrn

here is teh latest list of players

The wolf pack

Gipsie

GeoKs

Ljay

Tooey

Cheesy pigs

Cheesy pigs

Team Flipper

mousekakat

grodan

fiabus

Nochipra

Whitby

Bluemotmot

Tschakko

The Blorenges

Plnauta

Team Van Stoffelen

GEO*Trailblazer 1

TIGGR

Dorsetgal & GeoDog

Night Hunter

southpawaz

sweetlife

sweetlife

Rozecki

Krazytrollz

Geo-Gophers

Lorca.nl

degai

Team Ekitt10

Crowesfeat30

Crowesfeat30

Hollora

dark_onyx1982

SleepyRN

luckyduckie

mrs usyooper

the other yooper

Steinwälzer

If you are not there come back to me - I have a great fear of my spam filter swallowing someone!!!! It ate Hollora last time :laughing:

grodan

reverse souvenirmission

2. name recieved - yes, june 01

3. mission sent -

4. mission arrived -

fiabus

reverse souvenirmission

2. name recieved - yes, june 01

3. mission sent -

4. mission arrived -

Hmm, now this can take a while to do some research.

So much fun!

grodan Karin