Introducing Blackjack Bailey!

Blackjack Bailey

June 28 by Blackjack Bailey (332 found)

After this experience, I think some names need to be renamed! Paradise Valley Nature Reserve should be called Purgatory Valley Nature Reserve, and I should now be called Bundu-Bashing-Burr-Bramble-Blackjack-Bailey!!!

I was warned beforehand by KT NOT to trust the reserve map, but to follow the GPSr - so what did I do? I followed the map and ended up abseiling uphill (yes, I did!) through all manner of vicious undergrowth to eventually find the cache situated next to a nice wide track!!

After inspecting the very nicely stocked cache and logging my find (and detaching a multitude of burrs off my body), I took a coin and proceeded back to my car along a much more civilised route. I was a bit perturbed, however, that the track back seemed to be an out-of-bounds trail for the general public...Unless I took the wrong route home as well!

Well well well.... what shall we say..... :anitongue:

...and that wasn't the end of the story! Later that evening I visited someone for dinner, and I was wearing the same jersey that I was wearing whilst bushwacking Pergatory Nature Reserve. My host suddenly stopped talking and stared at my jersey - stupefied! It was covered by millions of flippin' blackjacks and I didn't even know! :lol:

As they say, if you don't bath, you won't know how bad you smell - in my case, if my name is Blackjack Bailey, I won't notice if I'm covered in my natural habitat...