how do you remove a "lost" Tb from your own cache

akacake

My cache has shown a TB for the past 3 years that is definitely not there. I have emailed the TB owner several times with no response so I guess he isn't that active. How do I remove it from my cache's inventory?

Edited by akacake

My cache has shown a TB for the past 3 years that is definitely not there. I have emailed the TB owner several times with no response so I guess he isn't that active. How do I remove it from my cache's inventory?

Go to your cache page, click on the travel bug and click to mark item missing.

This is something more TB and cache owners should use. Many cachers mention in there logs when a coin or TB is not in the cache. Either the TB owner or the cache owner should mark it "Missing." If it turns up later, you simply use the "grab" option.

This is something more TB and cache owners should use. Many cachers mention in there logs when a coin or TB is not in the cache. Either the TB owner or the cache owner should mark it "Missing." If it turns up later, you simply use the "grab" option.

Yes, more should.

Even with good confirm that the bug is not in the cache you shouldn't jump the gun. Give people plenty of time to log it out. Like a good four weeks.

Happy to stumble upon this question and the answer. We have a cache Jackson Jaunt that has been showing a Red Jeep TB in it since July 2007. When we confirmed the jeep was missing we emailed the person who received it from Jeep and started it off, but it has remained in the cache inventory. It's now been marked missing, thank you!

Just wondering, did you lose a traveler or were you just trying to get them out of your drop inventory?

I had several travel bugs in my geo-backpack that disappeared. I notified the owners, but they still appear in my inventory. What is an appropriate way to remove them from my inventory if the owner doesn't take action to mark them missing?

Just wondering, did you lose a traveler or were you just trying to get them out of your drop inventory?

I had several travel bugs in my geo-backpack that disappeared. I notified the owners, but they still appear in my inventory. What is an appropriate way to remove them from my inventory if the owner doesn't take action to mark them missing?

Send an email to the TB form Mod Eartha.