Bluetooth GPS question

Nakedbamboo

Does anyone know anything about the VisionTAC VGPS 500? I finally got the Wherigo player to recognize it thru bluetooth on my iPAQ 111. However, I cannot get any movement out of it in the game. I have tried a couple of anywhere cartridges just to test it out. They start up fine and when I look at the map there are objectives scattered around, but as I start walking, nothing moves. I do not know if the GPS is sensitive enough to see such small movement, however, I would assume that it should be because it says it is 5m accurate and it uses SIRF III. I have a green GPS signal in the game and there is a circle in the center of the map that fluctuates and gives different accuracy, but none of the targets move relative to that circle as I walk around.

I've read in some other forums about SiRF-equipped Bluetoot GPS receivers having a setting called Static Navigation where the GPSr won't calculate a new position if you are moving at slow (walking) speeds. Perhaps that is what is afflicting your GPS receiver. Have you tried running to see if the position updates?

Edited by geognerd