[Click the star to watch this topic] If you could invent anything to make your Geocaching more enjoyable, what would it be?

Let's make a wishlist. I'm trying to think what I can do to add to my geocaching experience. Any thoughts on what would make geocaching more fun, interesting, easy, etc?

Well, my personal wish list for things which would make geocaching more enjoyable for me is as follows:

• I would like Lara Croft to accompany me on all of my cache hiding and cache placement missions.
  • I would like a jet pack with a one-hour useful lift time between refuelings.
  • I would like a small helicopter such as the Robinson R22 for travel to caches within about a 150 mile radius.
  • I would like a small personal jet for longer-haul caches.
  • I would like the really scary Nebraska cacher named Sionevil (aka Sioneva) to stop picking on me in the forums, or at least to pick on me only on alternate Thursdays. :laughing::):laughing::D

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

Make a super compact GPS that is also a Cell Phone, PDA, music player. Must be very rugged and have exceptional battery life. Ability to connect and download any and all caches "on the fly".

You forgot to mention that it needs a HUGE screen for viewing and big keys for fat fingering (with auto-correct). And it should have a built in printer for those times when you are working on a 47 stage multi and need something to write on.

Plus, it should be solar powered.

Make a super compact GPS that is also a Cell Phone, PDA, music player. Must be very rugged and have exceptional battery life. Ability to connect and download any and all caches "on the fly".

Got one, it's a Blackjack II, does all that and more!

Still need the free gas siphon and immunity from prosecution, though. That would help way more than the Blackjack. :laughing:

A Tardis. :laughing:

Be careful what you wish for! I have an operational time/space/dimensional portal here, and they are not as easy to use as one might think -- there are always maintenance issues, interference issues, and even the very non-trivial matter of ending up at times somewhere very far from your intended destination! Then, there is also the problem of entities and beings from other dimensions, once they become aware of the existence of the portal, trying to use it to enter our world. It is a more than full-time task simply taking care of the basics of managing the portal. In fact, if you look at past episodes of Dr. Who (the TV show which featured the portal device called the Tardis) carefully, you will see that even in that fictional sci-fi drama, there were plenty of problems with the operation of the device.

Let's make a wishlist. I'm trying to think what I can do to add to my geocaching experience. Any thoughts on what would make geocaching more fun, interesting, easy, etc?

Sometimes caching with others is fun. Sometimes going alone.

I've got auto-routing, a trail gps, a PDA, premium membership, a working vehicle, gas money, enough years in the company that I can spare a vacation day when I want.

I guess I'm good for now.

A limitless, weightless source of clean, cool drinking water for summer excursions in the desert.

I hike in dry, arid places like you, that is one of the best ideas i've heard in a while.

I have a few inventions that would make geocaching better for me.

A cheap gasoline dispenser.

Limitless free time.

A body double to do my housework / yard chores.

The number one item I would like is a (rating system / attribute / widget) that could instantly read my mind, and only highlight the type of caches i'm in the mood to hunt. If I want caches in great locations, or of an interesting historical spot, or a great hike, the widget would select only those caches.

If I was in a "doesn't matter which type" mood, it would include NRVs .

You forgot to mention that it needs a HUGE screen for viewing and big keys for fat fingering (with auto-correct). And it should have a built in printer for those times when you are working on a 47 stage multi and need something to write on.

Shouldn't we add a 7 megapixel camera to that?

Shouldn't we add a 7 megapixel camera to that?

Good catch, but Ii really should be at least 10 megapixels with auto zoom, auto focus, you-tube formatting and a self contained tripod.

Make a gps that is similar to a metal detector that beeps when you point it right over the cache whether it be tuppaware, ammo can or a micro. Something to detect all types of caches on the spot.

Now that would take all of the fun out of walking around in circles!

A segway with extremely long battery life. Actually, make that two, one for the road and one for off-road. As well as spare tires for those quick changes from on to off-road.

And of course, it has a built in GPS. How could you forget that.

At least this is realistic.