English Speaking in France

boulist44

Since I live in France but only an average French speaker and a pathetic French writer are there any other of my type anywhere?

Caching is a great hobby but I find it a little difficult on the forums since there are no sections for such persons.

I love the area I live in and have managed to complete most of the caches but I'm unable to join in any discussions.

Any ideas?? (apart from improve my French, unless I can find a tutor)

I have managed a few "Cistes" more by luck than judgement and have enjoyed the research.

Any advice will be appreciated

I was thinking more about the Forum title "French Speaking"

Since there are quite few English Cachers in France who struggle with the written word and that includes me, I thought that pehaps some might be put of from joining in any discussions.

However I will continue to search for hidden treasures wherever I go.

Hello, I have 7 Travel Bugs that are going to Paris next weekend ( May 30/31 2008) with a non-geocacher. My friend is willing to leave them for someone at the front desk of his hotel. Is anyone willing to pick up these bugs. I got them at GeoWoodstock VI and all of them needed to go to Europe. I suppose my friend can just bring them home again if they do not find a geocacher.

Please email Kohl@ellistruss.com if you are interested. Thank you

Kohlthemule

I was thinking more about the Forum title "French Speaking"

It refers to the countries and regions at which the forum is addressed. See also "German Speaking". It doesn't imply that you have to speak or write French in here. (Most of the discussions among French cachers are on the unofficial forum at geocaching-france.com.)

That said, if you want to make a success of your time in France, I would advise you to improve your French in all forms. Read newspapers, watch TV (even though it's awful and you probably have BBC on satellite), see how it's really written and spoken, and absorb...

Off-topic: my wife and I used to be quite active in the local "English Speaking Community", which was a way to have a club for ex-pats of many nationalities (UK, US, India, Sweden, etc etc) who arrived in our town (Strasbourg) with little French. However, a sizeable part of the membership is local French people who want to practise their English, most of whom joined because they thought it meant "Speaking English Community". :)

hello. in the next few days i am going to be heading to france and staying near brantome. are there any fellow cachers near there? although my time is limited to make meet ups it would be nice to ba able to meet other cachers.

Try forum.geocaching-france.com. But don't expect many cachers in deepest Périgord. There aren't many people, full stop...