Theotokos Crown Personal Geocoin

Theotokos

We are very happy to announce our very first personal geocoin.

It's been a long time coming but we are excited to finally have them from the mint. The coin is 1.75" with 3D feature and cutouts and is a reflection of us as a caching family. I tried to keep the message subtle yet meaningful and I hope we've succeeded.

I only have (poor) sample pictures (which really don't do the coins justice) of the Shiny Gold and Antique Silver version. We also have them in Antique Copper and an Anitque Gold. The Shiny gold is a single coin which was made as a special gift for someone.

front.gif

back.gif

The coin will also have a unique icon. icon32x32.gif

I would like to make some of these available for sale and Tom at CH Quality Coins has been kind enough to allow us to use his site for the sale and shipping of these coins. This is going to make it much more convenient for us and those that may wish to purchase. The coins will be priced under $10 but not sure of the exact prices yet.

If you are interested, please keep an eye on this thread and hopefully sometime tomorrow Tom will have some sales links posted and hopefully some better pictures for you. We really hope you like these coins as much as we do. Thanks for looking.

Edit...changed the photos as the first were just too bad

Edited by Theotokos

he can't do the contest because us over at GC4C (who got a sneak peak at the design) bugged him to explain it... there would be way too many people to not admit...

I as well cannot wait to see this coin out... and get a few myself... they are so simple and elegant and yet they have such a powerful punch...

God Bless Theo,

J

Beautiful coin!! Will you be doing any trading?

Yes, I will be. The coins just arrived at the vendor yesterday and they are doing some mailings for me. Once that is done and we see what sells, they will be sending the rest too me and then I'll have some coins for trading - and more gifting.

he can't do the contest because us over at GC4C (who got a sneak peak at the design) bugged him to explain it... there would be way too many people to not admit...

I had to tease him about it, because Tank asked when we were working on the coin prior to Dec.

We are very happy to announce our very first personal geocoin.

It's been a long time coming but we are excited to finally have them from the mint. The coin is 1.75" with 3D feature and cutouts and is a reflection of us as a caching family. I tried to keep the message subtle yet meaningful and I hope we've succeeded.

I only have (poor) sample pictures (which really don't do the coins justice) of the Shiny Gold and Antique Silver version. We also have them in Antique Copper and an Anitque Gold. The Shiny gold is a single coin which was made as a special gift for someone.

front.gif

back.gif

The coin will also have a unique icon. icon32x32.gif

I would like to make some of these available for sale and Tom at CH Quality Coins has been kind enough to allow us to use his site for the sale and shipping of these coins. This is going to make it much more convenient for us and those that may wish to purchase. The coins will be priced under $10 but not sure of the exact prices yet.

If you are interested, please keep an eye on this thread and hopefully sometime tomorrow Tom will have some sales links posted and hopefully some better pictures for you. We really hope you like these coins as much as we do. Thanks for looking.

Oh my GOD!!! That is a beautiful coin with great design!!!!! The shiny gold can even be used as brooche!!! :D

I love it!!!!!!!! the outer is the wreath with thorns Romans put ti Jesus! The Inside is like a flower! It maybe my imagination but it looks like a flower! The flower of Christianity! The symbol is...one of the greatest symbols of Christianity! It was the a great Byzantine symbol from the times of Great Constantine! He was the first who saw it in the vision!! IC XC NIKA, stands for Jesus Christ Wins (conquers), in Greek! The "C" was used in medieval greek, but not any more! :D

You know that I like your codename a lot, so.... it looks so great on the coin!!!!

Congratulations my friend!!!! This is a unigue coin!!!!

I had to tease him about it, because Tank asked when we were working on the coin prior to Dec.

Yes, Tank really liked this design. I had a number of other phrases on it at one time and even some printing on the edge. Tank knew most of the meanings though.

It's so beautiful! Well done on such a meaningful and gorgeous coin....(I'm now wishing you'd minted a few more of the shiny gold :D )

I struggled with the metals to produce and on the GC4C site, most folks also suggested that I make the shiny gold. However, I wanted to make 1 special version of this coin and after much debate with myself, choose the shiny gold for that coin. Now the shiny copper looks really nice too so maybe down the road I might make a shiny copper version...who knows.

Edited by Theotokos

Oh my GOD!!! That is a beautiful coin with great design!!!!! The shiny gold can even be used as brooche!!! :D

I love it!!!!!!!! the outer is the wreath with thorns Romans put ti Jesus! The Inside is like a flower! It maybe my imagination but it looks like a flower! The flower of Christianity! The symbol is...one of the greatest symbols of Christianity! It was the a great Byzantine symbol from the times of Great Constantine! He was the first who saw it in the vision!! IC XC NIKA, stands for Jesus Christ Wins (conquers), in Greek! The "C" was used in medieval greek, but not any more! :D

You know that I like your codename a lot, so.... it looks so great on the coin!!!!

Thanks for the compliment. Lol...I knew that after our discussion about the Greek caching name that you would get this one right away...

My portion of the budget for buying coins was "shot down" in the last fam budget meeting :laughing:

Ouch! This is why I try not to have family budget meetings. :laughing:

To Theotokos - Your coin is stunning. I love the way you designed what I believe is the "crown of thorns" along the edge. Very unique. Good job. :D

Edited by ThePetersTrio

Nice.... though you might want to smudge out the tracking# on the one on the left - if it is a tracking #.

These are the sample coins so the tracking #'s aren't in any database but thanks for noticing.

Oh my GOD!!! That is a beautiful coin with great design!!!!! The shiny gold can even be used as brooche!!! :laughing:

I love it!!!!!!!! the outer is the wreath with thorns Romans put ti Jesus! The Inside is like a flower! It maybe my imagination but it looks like a flower! The flower of Christianity! The symbol is...one of the greatest symbols of Christianity! It was the a great Byzantine symbol from the times of Great Constantine! He was the first who saw it in the vision!! IC XC NIKA, stands for Jesus Christ Wins (conquers), in Greek! The "C" was used in medieval greek, but not any more! :)

Thanks for the compliment. Lol...I knew that after our discussion about the Greek caching name that you would get this one right away...

:D My dear friend! Not only that!

I know that you do not have name days celebrations, but today, we have the celebration of Constantine the Great and his mother Helen!

It is a big celebrations here in Greece!

No, my name is not Constantine! :D I am Nikos! :laughing:

As I posted before, the symbol is the one that Great Constantine saw in a vision, used it as his symbol and from then Christianity became the relegion of the Empire! From that time, Christians were safe!

So...this day you created the thread with the beautiful coin, is connected to your coin too!!!! WOW!!!

front.gif

back.gif

Now here is probably one of the most unique requests you'll see in a while...

BUT...

Micke has been pining for a tattoo for a long time now and I've been vehemently opposed to the idea. However, we both took a serious shine to this coin and the design, and both of us have a devotion to the Theotokos, so this is one of the first things that I've seen that I really wouldn't mind him having if he absolutely MUST have a tattoo. So, with that being said, how would you feel about letting Micke use your design as a tattoo?

Thanks in advance,

Naomi :laughing:

front.gif

back.gif

BUT...

Micke has been pining for a tattoo for a long time now and I've been vehemently opposed to the idea. However, we both took a serious shine to this coin and the design, and both of us have a devotion to the Theotokos, so this is one of the first things that I've seen that I really wouldn't mind him having if he absolutely MUST have a tattoo. So, with that being said, how would you feel about letting Micke use your design as a tattoo?

Thanks in advance,

Hello Naomi! how are you? :laughing:

Does Mike want to use as tatto the design with the IC XC NI KA? If yes, it is going to be a great tatto!!!!

If Theotokos give the permition, It will be a great tatto!!! See the wreath inside? I am talking about the laurel one! It means the glory of Christianity!!! WOW! The more I see this coin the more I am loving it!!!

I wish tere were more Shiny gold ones! :D

Gold and Red was the Emperor colors!

BUT...

Thanks in advance,

lol...now that is an interesting request. Can I claim a first? You're free to use the design if you like and my only request is you post pictures when he heals.