cache publishing

Pinehurst

When you wrote your note on May 12th saying "Post it ASAP," you used the "Archive Listing" log type. When you archive your cache page, the reviewers will not see it.

This cache is in my review territory so I took a look at it. There is already another cache hidden 131 feet away from yours, so I regret that I cannot publish it. Let's keep that page archived and you can retrieve your cache container for placement at a location that meets the site's listing guidelines. (Hint: that whole park is pretty darn full of geocaches. I would find them before hiding another cache there.)

The cache is now 334 feet away from the other cache, instead of 131 feet. Only 196 feet to go!!! B)

Please read the Cache Listing Guidelines, especially the section on Cache Saturation, before re-hiding your cache again. If you find the guideline text to be confusing, try reading my summary of it found here in the FAQ thread that's pinned at the top of this forum. Stripped to a bare minimum:

YOUR CACHE NEEDS TO BE MORE THAN 528 FEET AWAY FROM OTHER CACHE CONTAINERS.

There are already four other geocaches in this neighborhood park, including a multicache and a puzzle cache. The area is pretty saturated and you might want to pick a different location for your first cache hide.

When you have hidden your cache in compliance with the listing guidelines, and you've written up a new cache page, I will be happy to review it. The majority of cache submissions in my territory are reviewed on a same-day basis. All but a handful receive an initial review within 72 hours of submission.

Yet another reason why there should be a mandatory placement to find ratio.

That's a rather snarky comment, especially considering the problems YOU had with the cache saturation guideline when you tried to get your multicache published.

This is the Getting Started forum, where we HELP newcomers. If you can't be helpful, don't post.

Yet another reason why there should be a mandatory placement to find ratio.

That's a rather snarky comment

Yes maybe so, but I did wait until I had more then one find.

considering the problems YOU had with the cache saturation guideline when you tried to get your multicache published.

It must be that some publishers are different. In my case, the reviewer was quite helpful and assisted me with what was needed to make it work. What, did you waste 10 minutes of your life looking that one up?

This is the Getting Started forum, where we HELP newcomers. If you can't be helpful, don't post.

The OP's opening statement was just that, a statement. More like a person wanting to vent, not a question. Questions end with a question mark and not a period. I agree that if someone posts a legitimate question they should be entitled to legitimate help. Keystone, I'm not sure if you are his reviewer or not, (your definitely not mine) judging from some of the comments above, it sounds like you are not. It was very nice that you were willing to look into the situation for him. Pinehurst, sorry to jack this thread, I hope that you find your listing listed soon.

Edited by H2oSprayer