found cache milton,wi

chils7

I was out looking for mushrooms and found a cache named rusty kids got intrested in this and now tring figure it out .I have heard of geocaching now I need some one to give me more info hopefully localy to meet me . Can't seem to figure this web sight out :laughing:

Ok first of all we need to know which area you live in.

Second you came into 'Getting Started' which is fine, but if you had scolled down the page past 'General Geocaching Discussions' and past 'GPS Related Topics' 'Geocaching Hitchhickers' 'Geocaching Adventures' you will get to 'Geocaching Groups by Region/State' and 'Geocaching Groups by Country'.

Select the state or country that is best for you post you question their and I am sure someone will be able to give you more information about who is close to you and can help you.

Other option is to look at the caches placed near to where you live and click on the placers name and use the link to e-mail them that you would like to meet a cacher to help you get started.

Oh and feel free to keep asking questions in here, if I can't answer it I know that someone else will help out by answering it.

It's actually pretty easy. Key your Zipcode in the search box on the front page and hit the little arrow. You will get a list of the caches nearest to your town starting with the nearest.

The type of cache will be shown with icons. A yellow box for a traditional cache (cache is at listed coordinates), two yellow boxes for a multi (cache has multiple stages before you reach the final) and a question mark for a puzzle/mystery (some puzzle usually needs to be solved to obtain the real coordinates). Terrain and difficulty of cache are shown with numbers in parenthesis (1-easiest 5-hardest). Terrain is how hard it is to get to the cache. Difficulty is generally how hard it is to find. A box like this small.gif tells you the size (micro, small, regular, large)

Choose a cache and click on it. You will see the cache page. The coordinates of the cache are in the upper left hand corner. You key those into your GPS. The rest of the page has information about the cache. Could be background info, parking instructions, whatever the owner wants to put there including additional hints. You'll also see the logs of previous finders.

Edited by briansnat

Ok first of all we need to know which area you live in.

Second you came into 'Getting Started' which is fine, but if you had scolled down the page past 'General Geocaching Discussions' and past 'GPS Related Topics' 'Geocaching Hitchhickers' 'Geocaching Adventures' you will get to 'Geocaching Groups by Region/State' and 'Geocaching Groups by Country'.

Select the state or country that is best for you post you question their and I am sure someone will be able to give you more information about who is close to you and can help you.

Other option is to look at the caches placed near to where you live and click on the placers name and use the link to e-mail them that you would like to meet a cacher to help you get started.

Oh and feel free to keep asking questions in here, if I can't answer it I know that someone else will help out by answering it.

Thanks

Go to the page where you logged in your find.

Click on Hide and Seek a Cache

Scroll down to Advanced Search Options

Then look for Events near your zip code.

An event will be the best place to meet new people and learn new things.

Good luck and welcome to the "family".

Hi,

Sounds like you found "Rusty" in the Storr Lake wildlife area near Milton. Been there, found that - it was a nice cache with lots of goodies when I found it. There are quite a few caches in Milton, and even more in Janesville, so you're in a good spot to start geocaching.

Instead of posting below in the Midwest forum you'll have better luck getting local info from the Wisconsin Geocaching Association forums: WGA

Welcome to the addiction!

I was out looking for mushrooms and found a cache named rusty kids got intrested in this and now tring figure it out .I have heard of geocaching now I need some one to give me more info hopefully localy to meet me . Can't seem to figure this web sight out :laughing:

Look up cache GC1BT0V. It's an event cache some friends are hosting in Happy Hollow Park June 28th. You'll get a chance to meet other cachers and talk shop.