is the GPSMAP 60CSx really paperless

GPSMAP 60CSx can you do paperless geocaching?

I think that depends on the setup and what you need for paperless. The way I have GSAK send waypoints over to mine I seldom need to resort to my pocket pc phone. The icons tell me the type, the name tells me the shortened name, size and if it has bugs or not. The hint is in the notes if I need it...the only thing I don't load are logs, but like I said I seldom need them.

But its true that the colorado goes the extra step, I am just unwilling to go with it yet until I don't hear anymore glaring errors with it. Software glitches I can deal with but when I heard some were being recalled for hardware issues that was enough for me to wait a bit.

Edited by O-Mega

"The way I have GSAK send waypoints over to mine I seldom need to resort to my pocket pc phone. The icons tell me the type, the name tells me the shortened name, size and if it has bugs or not. The hint is in the notes if I need it..."

I had a Magellen 210 that I could do all you've described, but now have the GPSMAP 60csx, and for the life of me, can't get the hints to move from GSAK to the gpsr.

Any tips?

thanks

"The way I have GSAK send waypoints over to mine I seldom need to resort to my pocket pc phone. The icons tell me the type, the name tells me the shortened name, size and if it has bugs or not. The hint is in the notes if I need it..."

I had a Magellen 210 that I could do all you've described, but now have the GPSMAP 60csx, and for the life of me, can't get the hints to move from GSAK to the gpsr.

Any tips?

thanks

I use: %smart=9 %con1%bug in the waypoint name field and : %hint %Dif/%Ter in the waypoint description (comments) field.

Here is a great link to do all that and more: 60csx symbols

Any tips?

thanks

Yes, read this article: http://geocachingwithweedboer.blogspot.com...map-60-csx.html

it tells you about exporting to garmin gpsmap60csx device. I choose not to export the hint, but it is only a matter of activating a tickbox during the initialisation screen.

Regards,

Hans