geocaching with a GPSMAP 60CSx

For me it is also the best unit ever used.

So far the Colorado series does not work 100% bug free, so I don't see any reason why I should move from gpsmap60csx to any other device.

I do paperless caching with a hx4700 ipaq, but I have all waypoints exported from my gsak database to each specific device: tomtom (auto navigation), ipaq (paperless) and garmin gpsmap (geocaching/hiking).

Go for it, you will not regret it.

Regards,

Hans

How do you get the hints imported to the 60csx? I am having a bear of a time getting that.

:)

If you use GSAK, you can use codes to indicate which fields you want loaded into the Description field for each cache. The hint code is %hint. However, depending on the length of the hint, and what other fields you also include in the Description, the hint can be truncated as there's a character limit. So sometimes you get a partial hint like "Under the". So I use my PDA for hints (and cache pages), and put other stuff in the uploaded Description fields (GC ID, D/T, cache type, container size).