how do i make a travel bug number

Followers 0

hello i am fairly new to geocaching for starters and i am a Royal Ranger Commander(just like boy scouts but Christian church based) my boys range in age from 1 grade to 5th grade and i want to teach them about geocaching so i came up with the idea of having them (the younger ones) color a Flat Stanly pic and have the older ones color it if they wanted but to add a bible verse or one of the 10 commandments to it and them some how be able to track it so the boys can see where there Flat Stanly has been and maybe have people take pics of it and post it for them any ideas on how i can assign a tracking number to the pictures would be greatly appreciated

Edited by lkrus

You will need to purchase a Travel bug tag to get a number.

You can purchase one here: http://shop.Groundspeak.com/productDetail....mp;ProductID=23

You aren't required to use the tag but I would recommend using something very sturdy and easily recognizable as a Travel Bug. (The tag really is the best thing to use)

See this thread for more information about releasing a TB. Snoogans' Tb Longevity Clinic

Edited by BlueDeuce

add a bible verse or one of the 10 commandments to it

I believe that is in violation of the geocaching guidelines Look around on this page

Those guidelines pertain to the placing of a cache. Travel bugs are a different beast and the solicitation guideline does not apply to them. If it did we couldn't have Jeep Travel bugs or the World Diabetes circles, a large percentage of coins would not be allowed either.

add a bible verse or one of the 10 commandments to it

I believe that is in violation of the geocaching guidelines Look around on this page

Those guidelines pertain to the placing of a cache. Travel bugs are a different beast and the solicitation guideline does not apply to them. If it did we couldn't have Jeep Travel bugs or the World Diabetes circles, a large percentage of coins would not be allowed either.

Yep, such a bug would be allowed.

Followers 0