It's Not All About The Numbers,,,,But It Helps If You Can Read Them

T"n"T

We had been talking about something like this for a while and a recent thread kinda pushed it along. Thanks to S&D for helping work out idea, and the talented Jamie of MadHattersNeverland.com for once again coming up with a great design. Details of production timing and run size to follow. We are still in artwork stage with mint so anyone have any suggestions? What metal/s do you all think would be good? We are looking at keeping these reasonable in hopes that we can do a mutli pack to give lots of chances for them to run wild.

front.jpgback.jpg

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Had to chuckle when I seen this one. My mom always says could any of the tracking codes on some of these geocoins get any smaller? She has a hard time seeing some of them, this one would be perfect for her. I love it, Thanks for designing a cool coin.

Valarie of sweetlife

GREAT IDEA!!!!

I have just one tiny suggestion, however; make the tracking number a little bigger, please :anicute::anicute:;)

Seriously, I love this idea! I've complained more than a few times in the past about teeny-tiny-miniscule ID numbers; this will be the perfect antidote to that :D And I like the coloring exactly as it is; I think that silver will be perfect with black and red. I have a real love of copper, but I wouldn't recommend that with this design. Go with polished silver, and you won't need anything else.

BTW: I think that one of the '6's on the face should be a '9' :D

Edited by chaosmanor

Thank you all for feedback so far. I am glad that we are not the only ones that have "issues" with the tiny numbers on coins. We have tried to make them readable on our coins in the past(the Ultimates get kinda small, due to placements), but this by far will be the biggest code.

I love Cav Scouts idea, but sadly if I gave a coin to everyone that helped I would have to make the whole series of these without any sales, because everyone has helped so much along the way to getting back up. I am however going to do these low enough that we should be able to get a lot of coins out and running. The idea now is to do a set pack that would have several of the RE coins and 1 special coin for the releaser. Not sure if doing a effect change( glow, glitter) or a color change( blue, purple). Details still in the works.

Again as with in the past, we would like to thank the whole community for the strength and support it has shown these last few months.

My suggestion is you should give these free to those who helped you in time of need and/or sell at a very low price since the geocaching community supported you :laughing::laughing:<_< .

What do you think?

The stars aligned perfectly on this one, because I agree with Cav Scout on this one...

I like it! I don't think they have to give away free coins because members of the coin community helped them. Their medical bills are far from over. What's wrong with them making a *little* bit of a profit to make a living to help out the situation?

Great concept for a coin. I was going over some coins this past weekend and had to squint a lot to read the numbers. This definitely put a smile on my face.

Edited to add that little refers to the profit that the majority of people make selling coins. :laughing:

Edited by PengoFamily

I recieved message back from mint. If we can get this done without too many issues, (should not be hard, since this is much easier than the last few coins) we are looking at a cost per coin of around $6. With the LE available for $3 with a 5 coin set of RE(travelers), and for free with a set of 10 RE(travelers). That is in a 1.5" 3mm thick with soft enamel, trackable and iconed. I think that is a fair cost on these. Mint informed that glow/glitter is out of options for front side due to the small areas of some of the spaces. We can do a different color for it though. Will add poll to vote on the color for LE coin to our site in the forums. Link to poll for color

Edited by T"n"T

I understand why glitters are out but would translucents be out too? Whatever color is chosen (I voted for purple :D ) could it be translucent instead of standard PMS colors?

CF30

Thats an idea I didn't check on, will do, good suggestion.

My suggestion is you should give these free to those who helped you in time of need and/or sell at a very low price since the geocaching community supported you :laughing::laughing::D .

What do you think?

I wish the Red Cross would come by and help me landscape the yard, since I donated so much during and after Hurricane Katrina.

What do you think?

I think you donated to much. :laughing:

My suggestion is you should give these free to those who helped you in time of need and/or sell at a very low price since the geocaching community supported you :D:):laughing: .

What do you think?

I wish the Red Cross would come by and help me landscape the yard, since I donated so much during and after Hurricane Katrina.

What do you think?

This is really a great concept for a coin...nice job with the clever idea. I think that yellow or purple would really set it off, so I will keep watching the thread to see what you come up with. Awesome looking so far!

Make sure you vote at the poll for color at poll voting page.

The mint said yes we can do a translucent. Will have samples made in both reg PMS and translucent of winning color.

Mint has art done and it looks good. The propotioned size of tracking code is about 3.5 mm thats about twice the size on our dragon coins and those are above ave. readable so these should be good. And we are using a black fill on the nickel plating.

Don't forget to vote in the poll (link above in post #29)

I will leave polls open till Early Monday morning May 26th at that time I will give winning color to mint for samples. Last I checked purple was ahead.

Mint has art done and it looks good. The propotioned size of tracking code is about 3.5 mm thats about twice the size on our dragon coins and those are above ave. readable so these should be good. And we are using a black fill on the nickel plating.

Don't forget to vote in the poll (link above in post #29)

I will leave polls open till Early Monday morning May 26th at that time I will give winning color to mint for samples. Last I checked purple was ahead.

This is really a great concept for a coin...nice job with the clever idea. I think that yellow or purple would really set it off, so I will keep watching the thread to see what you come up with. Awesome looking so far!

Make sure you vote at the poll for color at poll voting page.

The mint said yes we can do a translucent. Will have samples made in both reg PMS and translucent of winning color.

Yes, we voted but it looks like our #1 choice is still behind purple. It will still look great in that color too!

Well photos are in!!!

The translucent looks more blue in photos but I was told it does look purple in hand. Waiting for in hand samples to see for sure. Posting these now and will update when we know if doing PMS or translucent for LE coin. Getting details together for coin sales. We know it will be available as single, in a set of 5 with an LE at discount, total of 6 coins, or a set of 10 with LE free, total of 11 coins. Looking at a per coin cost of between $6 and $6.50 for full size trackables. Hoping this will get a lot of these out and about. These will be released in the next week or so. Discount rate for pre-sale coins + extra gift included.

numbersback1755trans.jpgnumbersfront1755trans.jpgnumbersback175purplepms.jpgnumbersfront175purplepms.jpgnumbersback175redpms.jpgnumbersfront175redpms.jpg

Well photos are in!!!

The translucent looks more blue in photos but I was told it does look purple in hand. Waiting for in hand samples to see for sure. Posting these now and will update when we know if doing PMS or translucent for LE coin. Getting details together for coin sales. We know it will be available as single, in a set of 5 with an LE at discount, total of 6 coins, or a set of 10 with LE free, total of 11 coins. Looking at a per coin cost of between $6 and $6.50 for full size trackables. Hoping this will get a lot of these out and about. These will be released in the next week or so. Discount rate for pre-sale coins + extra gift included.

numbersback1755trans.jpgnumbersfront1755trans.jpgnumbersback175purplepms.jpgnumbersfront175purplepms.jpgnumbersback175redpms.jpgnumbersfront175redpms.jpg

AWESOME :D

I hope that I am stil on your mail list :D

Well photos are in!!!

Those look really breathtaking, really well done :D Thx for posting the pics :D