Where are the Gpx files on my Colorado?

Apex

I downloaded new geocache files individually from geocaching.com to my colorado 300. It searched for unit then downloaded each successfully 100%. (I had 108 geocaches already on there before the individual downloads. )

When I was out caching I could not find the files on my Colorado under geocaches or waypoints :D What a disappointment! When I returned home and connected my Colorado to my computer I found a total of 218 geocaches on the Colorado! Does anyone know why, when I select geocaches on my Colorado, only the 108 caches appear?

Where are the other 110 caches? I have a 2 gig memory card. I checked that card and only see my eastern topo maps.

How did you send the geocaches to your Colorado? Did you use the SendToGPS feature?

If so, there is a limit of the number of files that the Colorado can handle, around 128. If you want to load more geocaches (up to 2000) you'll need to use Pocket Queries which include multiple geocaches per file.

GO$Rs

Use GSAK to handle the pocket queries and then run the macro in GSAK to transfer the data to your unit. You will get the description, decoded hint, and a few past logs. Very easy to set up and run.

Ron

GSAK is not needed, unless you want to further filter your PQs after they run. Your Colorado has a folder "GPX" inside the "Garmin" folder. Just drag the (unzipped) .gpx files directly from the PQ.

Thanks for all your help! I did the pocket queries and added about 200 Geocaches.

You should normally be downloading the pocket queries, uncompressing the files, then dragging and dropping them into your unit. Its a simple process. I am sure that GSAK will have some nice things you can do with the files eventually, but until that's an easier process or you learn more about the program, take the easy steps and enjoy your unit.

You might also seriously consider backing up the files on your Colorado, but make certain you don't delete the files and keep the backup in a safe place.

I just got the Colorado 400t and can't figure out how to get geocaches loaded into it. I've spent the last two evenings reading other forums and tried the following:

Using GSAK, I did a pocket querry of local caches that I have not found. In GSAK, I tried to use the "GPS" and "Send waypoints." I get this message: Error sending waypoints [ERROR] SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces; No more data is available. Then it asks me: Is the Garmin USB number 0 powered up & connected? Is it really a USB unit? If it's serial, don't choose USB, choose serial. [ERROR] Get_Time: Unknown date/time protocol GARMIN: Can't init usb:

I also tried to use the Macro, "ColoradoExport.gsk" and with that I get the message: Successfully exported 0 geocaches to Colorado in file: caches.gpx"

No geocaches show up in my unit. :unsure: Can someone explain in more explicit details what I need to do? I'm anxious to try it in the field.

You can not transfer caches directly from GSAK, Colorado accepts GPX files only.

Copy the .gpx file to

[Garmin Colorado drive letter]\Garmin\GPX -directory(folder)

or corresponding directory in SD card.

Try first with fresh GPX from P.Q. when succeeded you can try out with GPX's from GSAK

No more than 2000 caches allowed

There can be several GPX files at same time.

Edited by Tervas

I also tried to use the Macro, "ColoradoExport.gsk" and with that I get the message: Successfully exported 0 geocaches to Colorado in file: caches.gpx"

No geocaches show up in my unit. :unsure: Can someone explain in more explicit details what I need to do? I'm anxious to try it in the field.

I was having this same problem after I updated to v. 1 of the macro from version .96. If you will look, one of the cells has "Number of caches to load" in it. For some reason mine was set to zero. When I changed it to the number of caches I wanted to load from GSAK, then they loaded. I felt really amateurish :blink: when I realized the solution was that easy. Check it out and see if that is what is happening. Good luck.

BMP