Calendar Links

russellvt

It would be nice to have the calendar in "bookmarkable" form rather than the overly complex javascript postbacks it currently uses. Basically, I'm asking that calendar months/days/etc become bookmark'able or easily tradeable/linkable. It would make it A LOT easier to trade links with your geocaching buddies and "plan a trip" or even for search engines to pick up and index/publish these events (though that's secondary, I'd not doubt you might be trying to avoid it -- but isn't that what robots.txt is for, though?).

In my opinion, the general ROT (Rule of Thumb) is that anything which doesn't modify data should use a simple "get" from the webserver rather than hiding things in posts (and invariably, making it difficult to bookmark). Currently to plan with other folks/friends, you are forced to say "hey, check out those events on Somestate on Someday" rather than "hey, look at this list of events in this link."

(And yes, I know you can just link to individual events (Aka "caches"), but the point is to be able to get to the list for a given day/week/month, not the individual event)