Cointest!

Ble68

I would also like to nominate fairyhoney. I just plane think she is a great and kind hearted person. She is always quick to make you smile.

Being it is a random drawing for the winners and you can post as much as you like I will only be posting once and not 440 times. It has happened for a cointest. :anicute:

The only thing I can think of for a story is about a TB I had for a while. It was a fake piece of poop. I just loved that TB. I think it had to have been my favorite one to take pictures of. Potty cruiser was the name of it and I have to quote a e-mail that I recieved from the owner, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! If there was a prize for greatest fulfillment of a TB's mission, you would get one! I LOVE THE PICS!!!! Keep the poo as long as you like! Thanks for a great laugh!" I had this TB for about a month and took 20 some odd pictures of it. I guess it just struck me funny. I giggled ever time I took a picture of it. It made it to our cabin, to the shores of Lake Superior, and back to the front tire of my truck. Thanks to the owner I had one of the funnest times with a TB. And I am just waiting for the right one to come along again and take it to the next level of TB explotation. :D Thanks for the cointest and like I said earlier, this will be my only post for this cointest. For fairness purposes!!!! :anicute:

Dardevle

I would also like to nominate fairyhoney. I just plane think she is a great and kind hearted person. She is always quick to make you smile.

Being it is a random drawing for the winners and you can post as much as you like I will only be posting once and not 440 times. It has happened for a cointest. :D

The only thing I can think of for a story is about a TB I had for a while. It was a fake piece of poop. I just loved that TB. I think it had to have been my favorite one to take pictures of. Potty cruiser was the name of it and I have to quote a e-mail that I recieved from the owner, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! If there was a prize for greatest fulfillment of a TB's mission, you would get one! I LOVE THE PICS!!!! Keep the poo as long as you like! Thanks for a great laugh!" I had this TB for about a month and took 20 some odd pictures of it. I guess it just struck me funny. I giggled ever time I took a picture of it. It made it to our cabin, to the shores of Lake Superior, and back to the front tire of my truck. Thanks to the owner I had one of the funnest times with a TB. And I am just waiting for the right one to come along again and take it to the next level of TB explotation. :D Thanks for the cointest and like I said earlier, this will be my only post for this cointest. For fairness purposes!!!! B)

Dardevle

Hello my dear friend Dardevle!!! how are you? A poop TB??? :D:anicute: That is probably the funniest TB I ever heard! I am wondering what is the first impression when you see something like that in a cache!! who #$#@@$ inside??? :anicute:;):D:D

I want to nominate my daughter Kitty Princess. (Koryn) She is my caching trooper. When we go caching we often to a lot of caches in a day, 20 - 30 with miles of walking. Just recently we went to Kennsington Metropark near home and we had set out to finish that park. It took us two full days of walking all day. It wasn't the easiest caching in the world either. She spent the whole weekend full of enthusiasm and excitement and never complained one time. And then yesterday we had an event in another park that had 16 new caches placed for the event, 3 excisting caches and two that we did outside the park. In the park alone, was 10mi of walk time. Again, never a complaint out of her, and finally today I mentioned that she was 10 away from 700 hundred finds and I didn't expect to hear what I did. "I Can't wait 'till I get 1000" she said. Now you need to know that this is a nine year old little girl who loves to cache and collect geocoins. Her collection is meager but growing and I think she deserves one of these. Even if she doesn't win I hope the story inspires other young cachers.

i would like to nominate a coin to go to tehuti (tehutiandmeddyg) . she has had an awkward time of things untill fairly recently, and i think she deserves a coin. it is also because i want to thank her for inadvertantly getting me back to the geocaching website and getting into caching for real.

Well my family and I are new to this we have been caching for about 2 weeks we have found sevencaches so far, we have found 3 geocoins and moved them on there way,my son had a hard time understanding why he could not keep them to get his collection started. T 3rd cache we found we searched for 45 mins., I had got tired of looking but Mickey would not quit, so he looked for an additional 15mins, when he was ready to leave I stepped off the rock I had been standing on and heard the sound of metal hitting rock, I had been standing on the cache for 15 mins while he searched a every nook and cranny for a 30' radius. We placed the first Geocoin we had ever dealt with in that cache It was a USA Geocoin. This would be the first the 4th coin in our collection if we could win one.

So I don't have to post twice I would like to nominate Fairyhoney as she was very helpful in another thread with a question I had on mystery coins.

Edited by North Fork Seekers

I would like to nominate 4th Jean. Back about June of last year I started having problems with my back which has now moved to include my back and left leg. Its difficult to push myself to get out and cache when Im in pain, but 4th Jean know just how to push and prod me to make me move so that I get some kind of exercise, and I always enjoy our time together.

I currently have a new idea for a coin that will be a double-spinner but unfortunately so far all of the mints said that they cannot make it.

Do share!!

Well it was inspired by this painting: http://img.nytstore.com/IMAGES/NSAP1421_EXTR.JPG

Basically there will be the outer ring (rulerlike) inside of which will spin another ring where on the inside of it will be the symbols for the zodiacs while on the outside will be drawings of the zodiacs. Inside that ring will then spin a sphere (globe). It's very complex but maybe it will be possible.

What a great cointest - thank you!!

I nominate our 2 resident moderators: Eartha and FSM. Without them, this place wouldn't be run so efficiently and fairly.

Both of these people have personally gone the extra mile for me. Moderating a message board is often and thankless task. I think they deserve recognition.

Also Blue Deuce (who is here on the coin board a little bit but is mostly on the TB board) often goes above and beyond, trying to help newbies and all of us with questions about travelers. I one time mistakenly thanked him for being a moderator. He told me he isn't a moderator but that he plays one on t.v. :D

This may be a little greedy and I dont mean to be...but...

I nominate ME to get a coin. I have never got anything free before. And I never win anything either. It would make me so happy to win something for once in my life. Plus a nerd would suit me...seein as I am kind of a nerd myself. If you pick me to receive a coin, I would just be so happy. If not, eh, I would still be happy, just wouldnt have another coin to share with all.

Cool a cointest and I am not asleep yet :D

What d'ya mean? Not asleep - It's middle of a working day here - just had lunch on Monday, and back at the desk - the boss is away - hmmmm

Should be working.

On Saturday, I had a fabulous caching day - Cache terrain 4.

Goat track down a steep ridge, onto the forest floor in a river ravine.

Then through unmarked trail across a river delta to the sea.

A pristine gorge!

Then the cache was on a rock pinnacle!

Today I ache - quads, shoulders (nordic sticks used for uphill return)

A perfect caching day!

Left no geocoins though as it is a seldom visited cache.

Would have loved to leave them, but felt it unfair for them to get stuck there over the winter months.

I keep trying to encourage traveling with my coins, but haven't had much luck. My best traveler was, ironically, a copy and went 463 miles before disappearing. My worst so far has gone only 3 miles.

Nominee: avroair because he is pretty generous with his coin giveaways.

Very cool cointest. Thanks for the opportunity to post.

Well, a lot of the regular posters here have been nominated. I would like to suggest Cache Maine. This is actually a team but one of the members does a lot for one of the local Maine cache websites/forums. She is my best aching buddy and we just completed, today, a challege to do 20 of the Unique areas of our state in the DeLorme Gazateer. Last year we completed the DeLorme Challenge.

She is a pathtag person too and very generous with them. She loves to trade Geocoins. Her partner, Tim, is a great designer too.

Good luck to All!

I nominate surteb for a coin. Half of this caching team has designed 2 coins and has become an avid collector. Both surtebs LOVE to cache and always encourage others (myself mainly) to try and get more involved in the sport. Although I have been resistant, I do enjoy the coins and I now own 4 of my own. I would like to think I'll become more involved in caching, but surteb just hit 400 finds this weekend at the GeoBash in ASP. Thans for the cointest!

Not sure if I am in time for this contest or not just got home and not the best when it comes to time zones lol

I started a caching last year my 1 year anniversary will soon be here...I started collecting geocoins last year around November been hooked on both love every min of it...

Thank you for the cointest :D

I've been thinking about getting a personal coin out there, but my ideas have keep coming to dead ends. So, instead, I've been trying to trade trade trade to keep my collection where I want it. It's slow going, but fun!

So for my nomination, I put up GoJaybee. I would owe him my first personal coin, and I owe a debt of gratitude for getting me hooked on this addiction.

Yeah.

-NS

I'm busy trying to save a molar tooth, by spending $$$s at the endodontist....

:D

The tooth is currently bored, dressed and temporarily packed (BTW - there is a canal file broken off in one canal from a previous root canal attempt)

This morning one cusp cracked and broke......

:anicute:

Means an extra trip tomorrow to add a temporary wall to the tooth to allow it to continue healing before the next canal bore.....

:anicute:;)

I really want a cointest win to brighten my week!

BEG, BEG, BEG.

Let me win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm busy trying to save a molar tooth, by spending $$$s at the endodontist....

:D

The tooth is currently bored, dressed and temporarily packed (BTW - there is a canal file broken off in one canal from a previous root canal attempt)

This morning one cusp cracked and broke......

:anicute:

Means an extra trip tomorrow to add a temporary wall to the tooth to allow it to continue healing before the next canal bore.....

:anicute:;)

I really want a cointest win to brighten my week!

BEG, BEG, BEG.

Let me win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I am TOtally late ! As it is now 2208 my time - which happens to be "THE official forums time :D "

But, I'd like to nominate Butterfly_Lady ! Asit isn't any fun when you get root canals and such.

Oh, yeah, the reason i am so late is because I was working tonight. You see, I was able to trade my weekend for this weekend with my counterpart SO . . .

Have you heard ? ! ? ( I feel like the winner of the Superbowl) I'M GOING to Geowoodstock VI, BABY!

YEE HAW :D:anicute:

What d'ya mean? Not asleep - It's middle of a working day here

Well, I did not see that many cointests, yet, did not win one either. What I mean is, that many coitests are held during European nighttimes, it´s almost been 2 am, when I posted my last post in the forum this morning :anicute:

Well, I did not see that many cointests, yet, did not win one either. What I mean is, that many coitests are held during European nighttimes, it´s almost been 2 am, when I posted my last post in the forum this morning :anicute:

I gotta nominate Tschakko since he hasn't won a cointest yet :anicute: And we like his gnome? ;)

Have no idea if it is to late to post, I´ll try anyway.

I will nominate Corey´n´Joey for a lovely chocolatemission and after their help with the content we could get it out for free.

That can by the way be my story:

I recieved my package and it said I should pay 1003 SEK, about $165 to get it from the postoffice!!! The custom had read it wrong and took $3.00 and $3.00 for a total of $600!!

After some help from Corey´n´Joey they were convinced it was a much lower amount and we could eat A LOT of chocolate.

Thank you for this cointest. I am thinking of what to come up with for a cointest for my new grodancoins.

grodan Karin

:D I want to nominate my friend Lorca.nl, she needs a smile on her face :anicute:

d8f5ec39-f8cc-4c04-bc6e-4a2e913bafb2.jpg

We see this Grasssnake while we did a multi by a castle in Germany

Grass Snake

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Find out more about navigating Wikipedia and finding information •Jump to: navigation, search

This article is about the European Grass Snake or Ringed Snake Natrix natrix. The term Grass Snake is also used to mean the Smooth Green Snake (Opheodrys vernalis), as well as several other non-venomous North and Central American snakes in American English.

Grass Snake

Scientific classification

Kingdom: Animalia

Phylum: Chordata

Class: Reptilia

Order: Squamata

Suborder: Serpentes

Family: Colubridae

Genus: Natrix

Species: N. natrix

Binomial name

Natrix natrix

Linnaeus, 1758

The Grass Snake (Natrix natrix), sometimes called the Ringed Snake or Water Snake is a European non-venomous snake.

The Grass Snake is typically dark green or brown in colour with a characteristic yellow collar behind the head, which explains the alternative name ringed snake. The colour may also range from grey to black. The underside is lighter in colour. In Great Britain the Grass Snake is the largest reptile reaching up to 120 centimetres total length.

They prey almost entirely on amphibians, especially the common frog, although they also occasionally eat mammals and fish. Grass Snakes are strong swimmers and are usually found close to fresh water.

Grass Snakes hibernate over the winter and mate soon after they emerge in the spring during April or May. The leathery skinned eggs are laid in batches of 8–40 in June to July and hatch after about 10 weeks. As eggs require a temperature of at least 21° C to hatch, rotting vegetation, including compost heaps, are preferred locations. The young are about 18cm long when they hatch and are immediately independent.

Not being venomous, their only defenses are to produce a foul-smelling fluid from the anal glands and/or feigning death by becoming completely limp[1]. Sometimes, they will also perform fake attacks, striking without actually opening their mouths. They bite in defense rarely.

This snake is found in lowland areas of England and Wales but is almost absent from Scotland and not found in Ireland, nor is any other snake. It has a wide distribution in continental Europe, from southern Scandinavia to southern Italy. It is also found in north-western Africa. British Grass Snakes belong to the subspecies N. n. helvetica, but experts differ on the number of subspecies.

Two of the subspecies are considered critically endangered: N. n. cetti (Sardinian Grass Snake) and N. n. schweizeri. In 2007, the Grass Snake was included on the updated UK Biodiversity Action Plan as a species in need of conservation and greater protection.[2]

I nominate Tschakko, because like me, has to work out what time the cointest run... often while asleep

OR maybe a SUNDAY one running while I'm at work on MONDAY.

(shhhhh - don't mention this to my boss!)

Bedtime now.

Goodnights folks - my Monday is complete, while many of you are just preparing for it.

Thanks for this random cointest - it's been interesting to see what random posts appear.

i nominate Butterfly Lady, cuz she knows how much butterflies ROCK!!

Ditto to dark_onyx1982 as she is a great promoter of butterflies!

The butterfly is a great symbol of transformation while on a journey. Emerging from a cocoon after a wonderful process, a huge effort is required to pump it's wings to be able to fly. Predators wait for it, at this vulnerable stage. Those that survive continue, beautiful always whether new or aged and fragile.

Watch the butterflies soar! Float! Dance! Mate! Flitter! Rest! Feed! and soar again.

Great cointest, THANKS for the fun read Ble68!! My nomination would have to be Dorkfish! Karma just ROCKS!!

Haven't had time to cache much, work and lack of money make it tough!! Between planning and such for our event, hiding the many caches and such, I WAS able to host a GC 101 for the Girl Scouts last week as well as finally get my first CITO event (I tried earlier on Earth Day, but the flat tire in Detroit robbed me of that fun...only a few miles from my destination too).

Next month has us hosting the Girl Scouts again as well as the Boy Scouts (I wondered how long it would take before the word spread and the boys would want in on the fun lol)....and of course LAZY HAYES DAYS!! If I can't afford to go out caching,at least I can enjoy sharing my experiences and live through their fun!!

I've also had less time to post here (posting at 6am before work), I MISS the fun and all of you!! Summer is my busy time and this year will be even worse for me!! Long hours and short nights = no fun time to chat!

THANKS for the great cointest!!!