Should I upgrade or not?

I'm thinking about upgrading from a Garmin Legend C to a Garmin 60CSx. I've read the reviews and know the 60Csx is a good GPS'r but is it that much better than the now discontinued Legend C that I have and is still usable?? I have never liked the Legend C or Garmin as a company. I ordered 2 Magallean Triton 500's but after reading all of the reviews that I found online as well as here in the Groundspeak forums I'm going to cancell the order. I really like the Triton at least they sound like what I want but if they don't work then they don't work plain and simple :P . I have 2 of Magellan's Crossover Gps'rs, but they stop navagating at 50 Ft. from a cache, they are great for driving to a cache, but don't get close enough to find the cache, I also use the Crossover for a lot of driveing. I'm on the road all day, every day for my job. I'm just not sure if I'm going to like another Garmin, at least the 60CSx has got a storage card slot, and I like that idea.I'm very hesitant to buy another Garmin, the maps are way over priced and the customer service is bareley O.K. the couple of times I have needed to contact them. Anyway, thanks for any advice anybody can give me. Part of my problem is that the Legend C is the only handheld GPS'r that I have owned and I don't have any experence with any other handheld. I really like the Magellan Crossover so I thought I would buy one of there handhelds, I'm really disappointed because of the reviews about the Tritons.

I'm thinking about upgrading from a Garmin Legend C to a Garmin 60CSx. I've read the reviews and know the 60Csx is a good GPS'r but is it that much better than the now discontinued Legend C that I have and is still usable?? I have never liked the Legend C or Garmin as a company. I ordered 2 Magallean Triton 500's but after reading all of the reviews that I found online as well as here in the Groundspeak forums I'm going to cancell the order. I really like the Triton at least they sound like what I want but if they don't work then they don't work plain and simple :D . I have 2 of Magellan's Crossover Gps'rs, but they stop navagating at 50 Ft. from a cache, they are great for driving to a cache, but don't get close enough to find the cache, I also use the Crossover for a lot of driveing. I'm on the road all day, every day for my job. I'm just not sure if I'm going to like another Garmin, at least the 60CSx has got a storage card slot, and I like that idea.I'm very hesitant to buy another Garmin, the maps are way over priced and the customer service is bareley O.K. the couple of times I have needed to contact them. Anyway, thanks for any advice anybody can give me. Part of my problem is that the Legend C is the only handheld GPS'r that I have owned and I don't have any experence with any other handheld. I really like the Magellan Crossover so I thought I would buy one of there handhelds, I'm really disappointed because of the reviews about the Tritons.

I just got off the phone with Dell and they tell me the Tritons (2 of them) have already been shipped, I'll try one of them out,, :P:D I've already downloded the Vantagepoint software, so everybody wish me luck. I'm supposed to have them this tuesday the 20th. :D:D I'll have 21 days to call them back to return the GPS'rs. I'm not sure if the Vantagepoint will work with my Crossover or not but I thought I would try it with the Crossover so that's why I downloded it before I got the Tritons. After reading all of the reviews about the Tritons I'm really uptight I hope they work without all of the problems that I have read about. Thanks for any advise.

At this time vantagepoint doens't work with the crossover. I have a triton 500 I just got a few days ago. It works ok, but not as well as my explorist or my 60csx. The 500 doesn't have WAAS yet and the interface needs a couple of tweaks to be better. It's definetely useable so give it a shot and see how you like it. Make sure you update the firmware on the triton as soon as you get it.

At this time vantagepoint doens't work with the crossover. I have a triton 500 I just got a few days ago. It works ok, but not as well as my explorist or my 60csx. The 500 doesn't have WAAS yet and the interface needs a couple of tweaks to be better. It's definetely useable so give it a shot and see how you like it. Make sure you update the firmware on the triton as soon as you get it.

I just double checked Magellan's web site it claims the Triton 500 does have WAAS/Egnos and SIRF 3, I also checked Dell's web site, WAAS & SIRF 3 was something I looked for specifically and both sites say the 500 has both of these features. I wonder if the problems have been fixed, could these be new models?? I'll have to wait & see. Thanks for letting me know about the crossover & Vantagepoint I haven't had time to try it yet. Thanks for your reply.

I've never gotten below 14ft. accuracy and I've seen other posts that the 1500 and 2000 have waas active but the 200,300,400 and 500 don't have it active yet. Could be I'm just not receiving the signal, or that I'm not looking in the right places to show it being active. On the explorist and meridians there was a W on the Sat page indicating WAAS. I've seen no such icon on the 500 yet.