Geo_Leprechaun

joranda

I was visited by the Geo_Leprechaun at the Turn On, Tune In, Cache Out! event last Thursday evening in Reno, NV. It was the start of a very lucky weekend for me at Geowoodstock VI. I was gifted with a beautiful Grey Whale necklace from Karma, I was able to trade for an Earth Turtle Coin and was very lucky to win the geopoker tournament and came home with so many new coins. I would like to wish this luck to all my friends.

14c837c8-6bf5-4ce5-abc9-98b5b89bcde3.jpg

Congratulations to the recent finders of the leprechaun's gold!

GW6 was quite a weekend! It was wonderful to put faces to familiar names. I was surprised with beautiful coins given as gifts and received in trade. One of the biggest surprises of the weekend was finding a Geo_Leprechaun in my pocket! There were lots of mystery coiners at the event, and I'm thrilled that the Geo_Leprechaun found me! :blink: Version 2 is a beauty, and I'm holding tight to this prize!

Congratulations Vegas Gamblers on your lucky find, and congratulations, fossillady, on finding the Geo_Leprechaun and winning the pot of gold at the poker table!

Thanks, Geo_Leprechaun for spreading your magic in the geocoin world, and thanks for adding another memory to a great weekend!

14c837c8-6bf5-4ce5-abc9-98b5b89bcde3.jpg

Congratulations to the recent finders of the leprechaun's gold!

GW6 was quite a weekend! It was wonderful to put faces to familiar names. I was surprised with beautiful coins given as gifts and received in trade. One of the biggest surprises of the weekend was finding a Geo_Leprechaun in my pocket! There were lots of mystery coiners at the event, and I'm thrilled that the Geo_Leprechaun found me! :blink: Version 2 is a beauty, and I'm holding tight to this prize!

Congratulations Vegas Gamblers on your lucky find, and congratulations, fossillady, on finding the Geo_Leprechaun and winning the pot of gold at the poker table!

Thanks, Geo_Leprechaun for spreading your magic in the geocoin world, and thanks for adding another memory to a great weekend!

Congrats Marilyn! And nice seeing you again too!

At some point during the event, this little guy must have creeped under the table I was at, and stuck his pot of gold in my pocket very stealthly. I never even saw him. All I know is when I went to get a few bucks for a drink, this mystery coin was in my pocket. Thank you Geo Lep. I appreciate it.

WOW, I'm soooo envious of everyone having great fun out there, and now hearing the MYSTERY COINERS are there as well?? I'd have LOVED to say "HI" to a few of you, and to THANK you for such AWESOME gifts!!

Congrats AGAIN PGH, wow, two mystery coins in a day MUST have been quite the surprise!! You deserve them my friend!

:rolleyes: I just realized I forgot to post my find for this coin in the forum! :D

Some time ago I invited the Geo_Leprechaun to take a trip from the Emerald Isle to Florida's Emerald Coast. On the 16th of May with Spookies 4 and 5 in tow, I stopped by a cache that had been giving me trouble for quite a while.

We were having a fathers and sons campout that weekend and were on our way out of town (caching all the way to the campground, naturally). This one was on the way out of town, so we hit it first. We walked down the trail to the beach where the cache was hidden. It turned out to be a pill bottle hanging in a magnolia tree. Hanging caches frequently give me fits, but this time we quickly found the cache. (Ok, I found the cache and they ran like maniacs up and down the hill to the beach. :D ) I opened the cache, and what should I find? :D The cache is stuffed with a pot of gold! :D This big coin barely fit in the large pill bottle! I swapped out an unactivated geocoin for it and liberated a TB that had been languishing for almost 2 months. What a great way to start the weekend!

Thanks Geo_Leprechaun! I hope you enjoyed your visit! :)

Geo_Leprechaunfront.jpg

Front of coin #309!

Geo_Leprechaunback.jpg

Back of Coin.

Spooky45atcampout.jpg

Spookies 4 and 5 and where we spent the night after finding the Gold!

WOW...Congrats 6 little spookies, VG and all lucky finders of The new Pot O Gold!!!

I saw this at GW6 and thought...Huh, Whats that!!!! "Oh its the new Pot O Gold"... WHAT???? I ventured over 2000 miles to grab my Pot O gold- Where am I gonna have to go to get this one????

Guess it puts a whole new meaning behind "Black Gold"...Boy This baby sure would look good next to my OGPOG!! :D Nice One Geo Leprechaun- You keep us goin dont ya! :rolleyes:

Now if that Irishman woulda just payed more attention to Cali than his solitary drop at GW6...No worries though, I am lucky to have the one I got and for that~ THANKS Leppy Ol Buddy! :D:)

See my log here.

Today I was sitting at home all sweaty from just mowing our lawn, and decided to relax for awhile and use google earth to map out my unfound caches and benchmarks for downtown Raleigh so I could plan out possible routes to take on foot. One cache located right at a big intersection caught my eye, so I opened up the cache page to have check it out. Looking it over I noticed that the Geo_Leprechaun was the last finder on it! What a great surprise! Then I scroll back up on the cache page and "uh-oh.." it's a puzzle cache. Fortunately I was able to solve it and get the real coords without much trouble. Now I must admit I was a bit sceptical about whether or not the coin would still be there, since the Geo_Leprechaun had found it way back on May 19. There are a few die-hard coiners around this part of North Carolina too, and I just couldn't imagine that none of them had noticed this coin drop. I arrived in the parking area and headed off to the cache, all the while thinking to myself "I better go faster or someone else may find it before me!" Although the chances of that actually happening would be pretty slim, I still sped up my pace. After a bit of a hike and bushwhack I spotted the cache quickly and retrieved it carefully. Opened the cache, but saw no coin in it. Could someone have already gotten it? When I started to open the logbook to check, a big pot of gold #356 fell out! Yippee!!! Since the insert card says to trade fairly for it, I left an unactivated Backwoods Bear Trap geocoin in it's place for the next finder. Thank you so much Geo_Leprechaun for choosing to drop one of your coins in my area, I absolutely love it!

fb887d7b-63b1-447b-9ff7-c1916d72862f.jpg

(click for bigger pic)

Edited by wwflover13

Great day to be out this past weekend so Mrs. jAY miLLS and I thought we would check this cache on top of a local ski hill for one of our missing coins. I had dropped a coin here this past winter and got reports it might be missing. Lots of thistle to contend with en route and quite a climb but not nearly as challenging as it was this past winter. When we got to the top we had to wait out a half dozen muggles sharing the space and enjoying the view so we sat down and waited about 45 minutes to approach the cache. When we finally got there we didn't find the missing coin (sorry Vegas Gamblers, I marked it as officially MIA) but did find a Geo_Leprechaun coin much to the wifes delight WOW. Now I can't help but wonder if one of those muggles was the Geo_Leprechaun him/herself. Now if only I can get the wife to caress me like she was caressing that coin on the way home lol

Thank you for your generousity! :)

Picture034.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Edited by jAY miLLS

WOW! The Geo_Leprechaun visited one of our puzzle caches last night. It has been raining a lot this week so he must have arrived on a rainbow. :) I saw the notification this morning and was hoping that it was still there. I passed by on the way to work (in the rain :) ) and am now the proud owner of #395. I left an unactivated coin in it's place. ;) Thanks soooooo much Geo_Leprechaun for making this week brighter!! And thanks so much for your generosity!!! :laughing:

17289657_125x125.jpg

WOW! The Geo_Leprechaun visited one of our puzzle caches last night. It has been raining a lot this week so he must have arrived on a rainbow. :mad: I saw the notification this morning and was hoping that it was still there. I passed by on the way to work (in the rain :) ) and am now the proud owner of #395. I left an unactivated coin in it's place. :o Thanks soooooo much Geo_Leprechaun for making this week brighter!! And thanks so much for your generosity!!! :(

17289657_125x125.jpg

Wow - congratulations Chantal!!! So... how long before it ends up in PengoBeky's collection? :)

WOW! The Geo_Leprechaun visited one of our puzzle caches last night. It has been raining a lot this week so he must have arrived on a rainbow. :mad: I saw the notification this morning and was hoping that it was still there. I passed by on the way to work (in the rain :) ) and am now the proud owner of #395. I left an unactivated coin in it's place. :o Thanks soooooo much Geo_Leprechaun for making this week brighter!! And thanks so much for your generosity!!! :(

17289657_125x125.jpg

Wow - congratulations Chantal!!! So... how long before it ends up in PengoBeky's collection? :)

LOL!! hmmmm probably about 24 hours.

Life always has its ups and downs and I've been on the down side for a bit. I really needed some time out so when a friend called to ask if I wanted to go out and play I jumped at the chance. We decided to meet in a city between the both of us. It was a beautiful day--not too hot and not many bugs. After finding several caches and reaching a milestone we decided we would have to end for the day but there is always time for just one more cache! The closest one was "Green and White Welcome to Rynearson Stadium" so off we went. As I drove there I told her some of the history of that particular spot. (not happy stuff either so I won't tell about that here) Great walk to the cache. As I opened the log book I gave a whoop and a hollar! She looked at me rather strangely and then I sputtered that the Geo_Leprechaun had been there several days before. I dumped out the cache and sure enough there was a Pot O'Gold geocoin!!! I danced a bit of a jig as I had done earlier in the day for the milestone dance because it was my lucky day! It must have been fate I guess. We wore our green MIGO sweatshirts, earlier in the day I had found a tb named When Irish Eyes are Smilin and this cache was named Green and White!!!! I took the Pot O'Gold and left an unactivated geocoin in its place. These Irish Eyes sure were smiling as we walked back to the car!! Thank you so much Geo_Leprechaun for leaving a bit of your gold!!! :(

In the picture you can barely see the Eastern Michigan University football stadium in the background.

1399a180-4240-473b-bf43-d25626f63f40.jpg

WOW! It is so amazing to read all these great stories of people that have found the Geo_Leprechaun lately. He sure is been busy. Congrats Jay and Beverly and all other receipients who have been blessed with the pot full of gold. We are so amazed by the generiousity of Mystery Geocoiners Lately.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

Great to be out caching on my birthday this past weekend with my son, I'd picked out a few new caches along a trail not too far from home that we'd been down before in a failed attempt (sans GPSr) to find a cache placed in a maze of trails (last time I try to use google earth to locate a cache a mile off the road without a map or compass, we just missed the reference point I was aiming for, lol!). While I'd gone back and found the cache on a later solo trip, figured we would continue down the trail past the new hides so that he could enjoy the one he'd missed, as it is a truly awesome hide! :anicute:

So after hiking on the trail that winds like a broken-backed snake for what seemed like an eternity, seeing all sorts of critters along the way (lizards, praying mantis, frogs galore) we finally get to the abandoned farmstead with a collection of old tobacco curing barns. The hide is in one of the barns that has lost one wall to the elements, making for easy access to the interior with enough sunlight to reduce the dim spookiness of the other barns in the area. Son shot up the side of the barn like he was launched out of a catapult, and passed the cache down to me. Once he'd returned to the ground and opened the cache, his eyes got big when he saw a coin in the container, which was a surprise to us both, as I didn't recall the cache page indicating a coin was here. :anicute:

Imagine my surprise when he holds up a pot of gold coin! :D And boy did his eyes get huge when I told him that it was a "trade" coin, not just a travel bug!! :anicute: After leaving a few unactivated coins in exchange and replacing the cache, he clutched the pot of gold in his hand and spun tales of leprechauns all the way back to the car (including a few falls on the trail and fording a few creeks, he had quite a grip on that coin, lol!) :anicute:

Thanks, Geo_Leprechaun for visiting our neck of the woods and leaving some of your gold behind, made for one happy little boy and father, that's for sure!!! :anicute::anicute:

DSC01846.jpg

DSC01849.jpg

DSC01850.jpg

Log entry for the cache is here.