wny cachers?

thejocie

i'm looking to see if there are any other people from western new york on here that geocache. i live in chautauqua county and am looking for some peopel to go with or if there's a local organization around here.

Eh, you're kind of in a dead zone there. You're pretty close to NWPA geocachers, which is a Yahoo group. NYGO (linked to as New York State Geocachers by Macatac1961), is dominated by people from, and is pretty much the defacto organization for the Buffalo area.

I have some friends in Buffalo that like to go geocaching. I live in Rochester now.

Anyways, if you would be willing to meet 1/2 way in Buffalo maybe we could get a small gathering together to do a big geocaching day.

-Raymond

Keep your eyes open for a local geocaching event and you can meet up with people there.

I haven't seen a local event in some time.. I get them from the Groundspeak Weekly Notification e-mail. Is there any place else to look?

Organize your own. Pick out a park, local pub or dining establishment and post it. People will come.

Keep your eyes open for a local geocaching event and you can meet up with people there.

I haven't seen a local event in some time.. I get them from the Groundspeak Weekly Notification e-mail. Is there any place else to look?

There were two Buffalo Wild Wings events, one in late April in Amherst, and another in late June in Depew. Actually the days of both events there were pancake breakfasts in the morning also. So I guess that's 4 you missed since late April. I hear there is another Buffalo Wild Wings event happening in the future, so keep on the lookout.

Oh, clicking "hide and seek a cache" on the left hand side of Geocaching.com, then go to "by State", and pull down New York. It will give you this list of caches and future events in the State are always listed first.

There were two Buffalo Wild Wings events, one in late April in Amherst, and another in late June in Depew. Actually the days of both events there were pancake breakfasts in the morning also. So I guess that's 4 you missed since late April. I hear there is another Buffalo Wild Wings event happening in the future, so keep on the lookout.

Oh, clicking "hide and seek a cache" on the left hand side of Geocaching.com, then go to "by State", and pull down New York. It will give you this list of caches and future events in the State are always listed first.

I will definitely keep a look out. Thanks for pointing out about the events. Never knew I could look them up that way!

I will definitely keep a look out. Thanks for pointing out about the events. Never knew I could look them up that way!

My esteemed colleague TWU mentioned hearing of another event coming up in the future. At long last, I finally got the OK from the manager at my local Wild Wings, so the event has been posted. It's September 12 at 7PM. There are already a couple new people scheduled to attend, so it would be great if you could make it as well. Hope to see you there!

My esteemed colleague TWU mentioned hearing of another event coming up in the future. At long last, I finally got the OK from the manager at my local Wild Wings, so the event has been posted. It's September 12 at 7PM. There are already a couple new people scheduled to attend, so it would be great if you could make it as well. Hope to see you there!

Thanks for the heads-up. Just posted my RSVP.

i'm looking to see if there are any other people from western new york on here that geocache. i live in chautauqua county and am looking for some peopel to go with or if there's a local organization around here.

There quite a few cachers in Chautauqua County. I live in Westfield. The ASP Geobash is held each spring in Allegany State Park that is a good place to meet people.

Check the owners and finders of caches in Chautauqua County to get a sense of who is here.

regards

Mike