Any SD cachers going to Geowoodstock VI?

Mrs Map and I will be traveling up North for GWS VI. Would like to get together with other SD cachers at the event. Depending on the weather probably hiking on Saturday at Spenceville wildlife area before heading to the event. Any other ideas or thoughts? Joe

We are staying in Roseville with a bunch of other local cachers. We will also take our San Diego County Cachers banner with us and have it up somewhere at the event so we can touch base (if you can find it in the gobzillion cachers :D ) I think we will be using the 'where ever we are' method' of caching. We will be in Roseville sometime Thurs. evening.

The Splashes :D:D

I'm planning on heading up Friday morning, with no plans other than where I'm staying in Sacramento...

I'm meeting John in Reno Friday am and we're driving over. I have no idea where we're staying, which scares me, but John said we're covered. We definitely want to hook up with our San Diego buds. You al have our cell #'s.

Edited by jahoadi and john
I'm planning on heading up Friday morning, with no plans other than where I'm staying in Sacramento...

I'm meeting John in Reno Friday am and we're driving over. I have no idea where we're staying, which scares me, but John said we're covered. We definitely want to hook up with our San Diego buds. You al have our cell #'s.

I'm planning on going up, but I have no idea where to stay yet. I still may just go up for the day on Saturday. I'd appreciate any accommodation recommendations for Friday just in case. Thanks!

I'll be heading out Thursday night and stopping about half way, then finishing up the drive on Friday to my hotel in Rocklin. After that I have no plans other then the event so hopefully I will be able to hook up with someone for hikes or cache runs or something.

I created a route following the I-5 from San Diego to Sacramento here if anyone is interested on caching along the way. That's 492 miles of caching! If the link doesn't work go to the Caches along a Route page and do a keyword search for GW6.

I'm planning on going up, but I have no idea where to stay yet. I still may just go up for the day on Saturday. I'd appreciate any accommodation recommendations for Friday just in case. Thanks!

:) Come for the whole weekend Lulu499....you can hang with all the SD Cachers..are you flying? It'll be fun.

I will be flying up with halftrack guy on Thursday. We will be visiting my Aunt and cousins Thursday night thru Friday early afternoon (maybe 2pm or so), Then we will drive to Roseville and check-in to the hotel. I'm hoping to meet up with all of the SD buddies too!

Oh, btw ... my son, halftrack guy, just finished his high school graduation requirements - this trip to GeoWoodstock is what he wanted as his graduation gift. I'd really appreciate any of you congratulating him if you see him.

:D Yeah, I'm a proud Mom :D

We're part of the group staying at the Orchid Suites in Roseville. We arrive Friday afternoon and stay through the following Thursday.

We're planning on caching from Roseville to Wheatland on Saturday. Then Sunday is our big power run day into and around Yuba City. We're shootin' for 100 finds!!! :D

We're part of the group staying at the Orchid Suites in Roseville. We arrive Friday afternoon and stay through the following Thursday.

We're planning on caching from Roseville to Wheatland on Saturday. Then Sunday is our big power run day into and around Yuba City. We're shootin' for 100 finds!!! :D

We'd love to join you Saturday morning. We are leaving Sunday morning (that was halftrack guy's idea) even tho I really wanted to stay longer. Uh oh ... I'm whining and this isn't the whiners thread. Whoops!

I'm really hoping to get my 500th up there.

I will be flying up with halftrack guy on Thursday. We will be visiting my Aunt and cousins Thursday night thru Friday early afternoon (maybe 2pm or so), Then we will drive to Roseville and check-in to the hotel. I'm hoping to meet up with all of the SD buddies too!

Oh, btw ... my son, halftrack guy, just finished his high school graduation requirements - this trip to GeoWoodstock is what he wanted as his graduation gift. I'd really appreciate any of you congratulating him if you see him.

:D Yeah, I'm a proud Mom :D

:D I had NO IDEA Halftrack Guy was your son!!!! You look too young to have a teenager. What a great graduation gift!

:D Yeah, I'm a proud Mom B)

:D I had NO IDEA Halftrack Guy was your son!!!! You look too young to have a teenager. What a great graduation gift!

:D Get outta here! You are too too kind. You see, Jodi ... I can't see. THAT is why I keep calling you for lifelines! I have a son older than him(23 yrs old)! LOL I'm like ... totally OLD! Please tell me you DIDN'T think halftrack guy was my 18 yr old boyfriend. LOL

Edited by boysnbarrie

We'd love to join you Saturday morning. We are leaving Sunday morning (that was halftrack guy's idea) even tho I really wanted to stay longer. Uh oh ... I'm whining and this isn't the whiners thread. Whoops!

I'm really hoping to get my 500th up there.

You're more than welcome to join us...the more the merrier! :D

I am driving up 395 leaving Tuesday night. Stopping in Reno for the events on Thurs. night and Fri. morning, then over the hill to Sacramento. I have a roomed booked at the Motel 6 in Roseville for Fri., Sat., and Sun. night if anyone needs it, otherwise I will cancel it Tues. when I leave. I am staying with my son Tahoe Ratboy in Sacramento and don't need the room now.

Not sure if this has been covered so here's some GW6 related info:

9 events around the GW6 area

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...85-58dbffaee201

Caravan Kickoff Flash Mob, 8am Thurs, May 22nd

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...26-9d541ffbf3e8

Not sure if you guys are taking the I-15 route over the Cajon but this event will be followed by breakfast nearby.

A handful of the events near GW6 were approved within the last week. It's mayhem up there!

I was checking out the schedule of events for Geowoodstock and plenty of things to do!!

Gold panning and "Soak the Reviewer" are tops on my list. :laughing:

Uh-oh Marko...Someone's in trouble!!!! Fun!!! :laughing:

I got dibbs on taking the first shot at that commie pinko!

I was checking out the schedule of events for Geowoodstock and plenty of things to do!!

Gold panning and "Soak the Reviewer" are tops on my list. <_<

Uh-oh Marko...Someone's in trouble!!!! Fun!!! :laughing:

I got dibbs on taking the first shot at that commie pinko!

I remember how long it used to take sometimes to get a cache published before that commie showed up. I'd leave him alone.

OTH, that guy in the flame-proof suit made me change a puzzle once because he said it was commercial. Dunk him for me, FlagMan :laughing:

It's getting close to crunch time, are you excited?

Let's see...

handheld GPS (2 of them)

Car GPS

batteries

USB cable

external power cable

Palm

laptop

swag

camera

walkie talkies

Oh, and a few clothes.

All nighter you say??? O.K.........we're IN!!! We need details so that we can get our naps in!

We are in beautiful downtown Bakersfield right now and today it was soooooooooooo windy, oh my gosh!

We almost lost a few logs to the wind :lol:

Hopefully , we'll be in Roseville sometime tomorrow evening with 9000 finds under our belts :)

The Splashes :wub::)

:) Don't forget your flashlight....all night caching may be on the agenda :D

It's getting close to crunch time, are you excited?

Let's see...

handheld GPS (2 of them)

Car GPS

batteries

USB cable

external power cable

Palm

laptop

swag

camera

walkie talkies

Oh, and a few clothes.

:) Don't forget your flashlight....all night caching may be on the agenda :)

Oh yeah, I have at least two of those.

Missed this thread -- We are heading up in the AM. Taking the Amtrak - arrive 6:30pm. Staying at the Courtyard in Roseville. Train hom on Monday. Taking jaredloser out of school, he has a dr. appointment in Sacramento. Two Socks! is even coming to keep us out of trouble. Looking forward to seeing the San Diego group!

Missed this thread -- We are heading up in the AM. Taking the Amtrak - arrive 6:30pm. Staying at the Courtyard in Roseville. Train hom on Monday. Taking jaredloser out of school, he has a dr. appointment in Sacramento. Two Socks! is even coming to keep us out of trouble. Looking forward to seeing the San Diego group!

:grin: Don't even think about asking me to watch him. Can you imagine...5000 people and Loser wandering around? Oh no!!!! See ya there...