LOG Owner or LOG Watchlist messages repeated

Gandal491

Today I've received 3 LOG messages which date back to March and April.

One says:

You are receiving this email because this listing is on your watch list. Visit the web site to change your watchlist settings.

<Geocacher (name changed by me!)> posted a note for The Helsinki Fair Center (Traditional Cache) at 3/1/2008

Log Date: 3/1/2008

a

This cache wasn't on my watchlist back then, and the entry was a "Found it" with a full sentence of text, not a Note with just "a" as the message!

Another erroneous message reads:

You are receiving this email because you are the owner of this listing.

<Geocacher (name changed by me, but same as previous!)> posted a note for Pasila Fire Station (Traditional Cache) at 3/1/2008

Log Date: 3/1/2008

a

The third says so-and-so found Pasila Fire Station, with the correct sentence quoted from his log on 27 April. As it's my own cache, I received that message back when it was posted, so something's going wrong with the system, somewhere.

Anyone else getting similar error messages?

Gandal491

Today I've received 3 LOG messages which date back to March and April.

Sounds that someone is collecting mileage for a personal TB or GC. My guess is that the same traveller can be found from the history list of all these caches.

/Suurnesu

Sounds that someone is collecting mileage for a personal TB or GC. My guess is that the same traveller can be found from the history list of all these caches.

/Suurnesu

Yes, you're right! I checked the TB/GC history of few caches, and the same bug was in all histories.

I went to the TB's page and I noticed that the owner of the bug had moved the bug from cache to cache, but I don't know, why...

The Geocache.fi-Travel Bug challenge doesn't notice the bug owner's own moves, so the cacher X wants probarly more km:s for the bug :D

I have a geocoin which travels with me while I'm caching... In geocaching events or on the trail people can "log me" i.e. my geocoin and thus I can track the cachers I have met. Another reason is I just want to see how many kilometers I travel. I don't log the coin to all of the caches I find, usually only one cache per caching trip (and the one is usually the best cache on that specific trip).

Naturally the owners of these kind of geocoins and travel bugs should do the dropping & retrieving the same time one logs the caches, but at least I tend to sometimes forget this and therefore do it later as a note. This causes the notification emails to be sent to the cache owners and to those on the watchlist. I sometimes delete the notes afterwards as I am not sure the cache owner wants these kind of notes on the cache listing... Naturally my "found" log is already on the cache page in these situations.

I don't see any problems tracking my caching history this way. I hope this explains why some people do it.

Here you can find my geocoin :D

gc hippihiiri. Unfortunately I haven't had the coin with me from the very beginning of my caching career so it is missing some cachers and kilometers... but then again that's just life :D.