Colorado 400t Found Geocaches

I just picked up a 400t. I'm trying to figure out if there's an easy way for it to show all the caches I've already found. I've run a PQ for my area, but it shows the ones I've found as Not Found.. I'd much rather not have to go through and update them all as found.

I just picked up a 400t. I'm trying to figure out if there's an easy way for it to show all the caches I've already found. I've run a PQ for my area, but it shows the ones I've found as Not Found.. I'd much rather not have to go through and update them all as found.

The only way I know to show your caches as "found" is to simply log it as found as soon as you find the cache. It is just a few clicks of the left hand soft key while in the cache listing. There isn't any way to do a one-time update of multiple caches as "found" that I know of.

What firmware?

With the current firmware (2.51), found caches show as found with an open treasure chest automatically on the unit. This was one of the changes from 2.40

The previous post is incorrect.

Edited by Red90

What firmware?

With the current firmware (2.51), found caches show as found with an open treasure chest automatically on the unit. This was one of the changes from 2.40

Ah, I imported before updating to v2.51! I'll have to try that now.. thanks.

I'm trying to figure out if there's an easy way for it to show all the caches I've already found.

Below the box where you build your PQ is a green box that is labled My Finds. Run that PQ. Then load that data as POIs. You'll have all your finds and your hidden caches.

Cool. I missed this fix 2.51. I thought the improvement was just to change the symbols. I didn't realize that found caches imported from a gpx file also got put onto the Found List -- this used to be broken as well.

GO$Rs

Yah, I had not read about that anywhere also. I don't normally load found caches, but did some last week and saw that the unit knew they were found, both with the proper symbol and in the proper list.

I'd be curious as to why you would want your found caches on the GPS?

GO$Rs

If you are out with a buddy and you go into an area where you have cached and s/he hasn't and doesn't have the waypoints in their GPSr, you can hand them your GPSr with the POIs and they can go at it.

When hiding a cache, you can see where all the other caches are located. You don't want to get within .1 mi.! However, that doesn't show finals and stages.

You are driving down the road and notice your GPSr has the smiley and buddy's doesn't, you can tell him a story about hunting that cache over there on that hill.

Just to name a few.

Edited by BiT

If you are out with a buddy and you go into an area where you have cached and s/he hasn't and doesn't have the waypoints in their GPSr, you can hand them your GPSr with the POIs and they can go at it.

When hiding a cache, you can see where all the other caches are located. You don't want to get within .1 mi.! However, that doesn't show finals and stages.

You are driving down the road and notice your GPSr has the smiley and buddy's doesn't, you can tell him a story about hunting that cache over there on that hill.

Just to name a few.

Exactly :D Now if only I could figure out why with both Alkaline and NiMH batteries it keeps randomly saying my batteries are low even though the Alkaline are brand new and the NiMH are fully charged.

Exactly :D Now if only I could figure out why with both Alkaline and NiMH batteries it keeps randomly saying my batteries are low even though the Alkaline are brand new and the NiMH are fully charged.

Do you have the battery type set properly? Setup->System->Battery Type (or something like that).

Start with good NiMH batteries first, alkaline batteries are known to not work well even in 2.51.

GO$Rs

Edited by g-o-cashers

Do you have the battery type set properly? Setup->System->Battery Type (or something like that).

Start with good NiMH batteries first, alkaline batteries are known to not work well even in 2.51.

GO$Rs

Yeah, I have it set to the right type. I'm going to have to pick up some Maha's tomorrow.

What firmware?

Actually, my post is not incorrect. In order for the caches to show up on the GPS as an "open treasure chest", you must follow the instructions that I put in my post -- log them as found. Or, as stated in another post, bring in the gpx file with them marked as "found".

Edited by yukionna

Actually, my post is not incorrect. In order for the caches to show up on the GPS as an "open treasure chest", you must follow the instructions that I put in my post -- log them as found. Or, as stated in another post, bring in the gpx file with them marked as "found".

The only way I know to show your caches as "found" is to simply log it as found as soon as you find the cache. It is just a few clicks of the left hand soft key while in the cache listing. There isn't any way to do a one-time update of multiple caches as "found" that I know of.

You said marking on the unit was the only way. THAT is what was incorrect.....

You said marking on the unit was the only way. THAT is what was incorrect.....

I didn't say it was the only way. I said it was the only way "I know"... :D

That is not incorrect...it is just the only way I know! There could be 10 more ways to do it...but I was just sharing the one way I know how to do it. :D