Your personal coin drops

Kealia

We just finished making our vacation plans for the year and it got me thinking about where I could drop a personal coin far from home on the trip.

I know that with a lot of people you (like me) drop coins in their local area but the people there are the only ones to get one if you don't trade them away.

To date, I've dropped a number in Hawaii and planned to drop one or two in Korea in July but that trip got post-poned until next year. That would have been roughly 5,700 miels from home, but it will have to wait...

So, two questions:

1) How far from home have you personally dropped one of your coins?

(Mine is currently 2,365.7 miles from home in this cache)

2) How far away do you plan to drop one this year?

(Mine is 2,639.7 miles away in this cache)

We just finished making our vacation plans for the year and it got me thinking about where I could drop a personal coin far from home on the trip.

I know that with a lot of people you (like me) drop coins in their local area but the people there are the only ones to get one if you don't trade them away.

To date, I've dropped a number in Hawaii and planned to drop one or two in Korea in July but that trip got post-poned until next year. That would have been roughly 5,700 miels from home, but it will have to wait...

So, two questions:

Is your vacation bringing you near my home (Roddy asks excitedly)?? :)

(1) Furthest....500 miles (didn't have any coins for EITHER trip to Vegas...D'OH)

(2) Not sure since I'm doubting I'll be able to travel much this year...probably at least 400 miles though!

Is your vacation bringing you near my home (Roddy asks excitedly)?? :)

Well....I'll be flying into Chicago to change planes, then stopping briefly in Miami before heading out, so I don't think I'll hit your neck of the woods. Maybe I could drop one from the plane and try to take coords? How accurate are these GPS-type-devices at averaging when you're doing 450 MPH? :)

So, two questions:

I'm crossing my fingers that you drop one here on your next trip:

Next Coin Drop

but that's just me :)

I am from Germany, the drop in Sweden was my furthest away so far.

then I am planning on dropping in Vancouver this summer, that would be like a few thousand miles :)

The Farest drop is ireland, 2 geocoins.

1 is probly mugled and 1 is travel from ireland to tjechie. :huh:

Don't make me do the math - how far away are these?

I'm crossing my fingers that you drop one here on your next trip:

Next Coin Drop

but that's just me :)

I was thinking about hot-gluing one to that cache for ya and sitting in the bushes to watch the fun. B)

I am from Germany, the drop in Sweden was my furthest away so far.

then I am planning on dropping in Vancouver this summer, that would be like a few thousand miles :)

Don't make me do the math - how far away are these?

Germany Sweden was about 460 miles

Germany Canada (Vancouver) will be 4880 miles if you go by the northpole :)

So, two questions:

I've dropped them in caches in MI, roughly 700ish miles (didn't have any when I went to ND and MT in '06 for vacation)

We're going to ME this year after the coinfest in PA, so that will probably become the farthest.

Feel the Burn is my cache on the Great Wall in China, 7493.7mi from my home coordinates. That's the furthest I've dropped a coin. I'll be back there the last two weeks of July... have several coins and tbs that are to be dropped there. May also place the first cache (I think) in the Gobi Desert... we'll see... that will be nearly 8000 miles from home.

The furthest I've dropped a coin is about 2460 miles from here, in Maine. If I'm lucky I may get back there in August before school starts and before I run out of coins, but both are doubtful right now. :)

So, two questions:

NE 4688.2mi from your home coordinates at WWWII event in London

W 882.7mi from your home coordinates at GeoWoodstock VI. Might get to Orlando, but not sure.

I dropped one of my coins in: California, Cambodia, England, Wales and mailed one to be dropped in New Zealand.

The original coin I sent out attached with a travel bug tag went over to Germany but when it got back to the US someone in replaced the actual coin with a toy plane. B):):huh::huh: I understand the relevance, but stealing the coin was still low. :)

I dropped one of my coins in: California, Cambodia, England, Wales and mailed one to be dropped in New Zealand.

The original coin I sent out attached with a travel bug tag went over to Germany but when it got back to the US someone in replaced the actual coin with a toy plane. B):):huh::o I understand the relevance, but stealing the coin was still low. :)

Sorry, but what relevance do you see in it? I just see a mean thing to do... :huh:

We don't have any personal coins as yet, but planning a trip from Sout australia via singapore, England, through Europe, back to Ireland, vancouver and Hawaii. Organizing Path Tags to drop along the way instead. Hopefully most cashes will be big enough for them :) not sure on the miles maths but our cache hunt hopefully will tell us where we went too ;)

Cheers

Gayle & Mark

Feel the Burn is my cache on the Great Wall in China, 7493.7mi from my home coordinates. That's the furthest I've dropped a coin. I'll be back there the last two weeks of July... have several coins and tbs that are to be dropped there. May also place the first cache (I think) in the Gobi Desert... we'll see... that will be nearly 8000 miles from home.

wow that is a fantastic place to put a cache!

Dropped several 900 km from home and planning to drop 17200 kms if i find a cache! that isn't micro ( these emu coins are a LARGE bird :)

im planning a new cache in caithness, scotland. since i dont have a personal coin of my own to drop there. would anyone like to drop one of your own coins in a brand spanking new cache?

just to let you know i know where i want to place my cache, i just need to go there to get the co-ords and place the box, and to register the cache on this site.

We dropped a personal coin in Key West this past February. That's 1097.5 miles from our home coordinates. Probably a little further by highway.

Southernmost

We're hoping that it reaches one of the caches we placed in south Jersey sometime this spring or early summer so that we can get it back and take it to Maine.

(2405 miles from home in Ontario, Canada)

(Probably very close to the same in Ontario, Canada) Next year's trip to Germany and other countries in Europe will make it about 5700 - 6000 miles.